FieryFury November 17th, 2017 9:32pm

Did/do you have a good relationship with one or both sets of your grandparents?

Cindy97 Minnesota
11/18/17 10:42 am

Nope... I had good relationships with my grandmas, but I felt pretty distant from both of my grandpas. I didn’t really feel comfortable being alone with either of them when they were alive.

Cindy97 Minnesota
11/18/17 10:45 am

My maternal grandma is my only grandparent that’s still alive, well, and my biological grandpa on my moms side is alive as well, but he abused my grandma, and I’ve never met him, so he doesn’t count. And I was really close to my dad’s mom. She was my grandma and best friend. I really miss her :(

EarlyBird Portland
11/17/17 7:06 pm

Yes. I had a very close relationship with one of my grandmas. I miss her.

4boot LaTrineodeur, MN
11/17/17 5:58 pm

Yes, however brief the relationship was.

ronderman North Carolina
11/17/17 5:28 pm

I don't know how to answer this. Both grandmothers were dead when I was born.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
11/17/17 4:30 pm

I adored my grandparents. My grandma was my mother figure.

ShakaBrah California
11/17/17 4:18 pm

Oh, yes. Although he was out golfing nearly everyday when we visited him, and was only here for a weekend when he came to us, I have great memories. We'd always catch lizards and frogs at his house in Hawai'i. I remember when he cut my hair and gave me a bald spot. I'll never forget that.

Laserbeam Crazy bird lady
11/17/17 4:08 pm

I only knew my dad’s mother, and she was a terrific woman.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/17/17 3:29 pm

💠 Sk8er2017 asked:
11/17/2017
Did/do you have a good relationship with one or both sets of your grandparents?

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/17/17 3:30 pm

I put no because all my grandparents have been dead for over 30 years.

I never met one set of grandparents. My grandfather was dead by the time I was 6. My grandmother died when I was 18.

...

paranoidandroid peace love and science
11/17/17 2:59 pm

My mother’s parents live/d in the Philippines so I didn’t see them often. My dad’s parents died before I was 10. I had a good relationship with my grandmother for that age but my grandfather had Alzheimer’s so I never really knew him.

ShakaBrah California
11/17/17 4:15 pm

My grandparents on my dad's side are from the Philippines, too!