FieryFury November 17th, 2017 6:13pm

What do left lane drivers think of other left lane drivers who drive slower then them and refuse to move over? Get angry that they're in the left lane or just go around them?

fburgnate Mechanicsville, VA
11/18/17 9:00 am

If I’m in the left lane and am ‘holding up progress’, I’ll move over... if practical. If I come upon a slower car in the left lane, I’ll go around, if possible.

What’s really annoying is when ALL the lanes have drivers driving at roughly the same speed (say, just below the speed limit on I-95, which is 65mph) for tens of miles, purposely ‘holding up’ traffic. Then I loose my s***.

BTW, if a driver comes up behind me and starts flashing their lights and/or honking at me, game on. I like to think I’m very courteous of others around me. When pushed, however...

knetzere Illinois
11/17/17 1:37 pm

I just go around make eye contact and then shake my head in disappointment

FieryFury America
11/17/17 2:30 pm

But if you yourself are a left lane driver, why would you get annoyed at another person doing the same thing as you since the majority of left lane drivers won't pull over when other drivers are behind them??

knetzere Illinois
11/17/17 9:57 pm

I’m in the left lane to pass people as the law says. When I have passed someone I change lanes to allow for the flow of traffic

orgblu10 Shamerica
11/17/17 11:45 am

I might get angry for an instant, then just blow past them and put them in my rear view mirror. See ya.

FieryFury America
11/17/17 11:25 am

One time I was driving and I was in the middle lane. Came upon a BMW SUV in the left lane & his speed kept fluctuating from going really fast to very slow so I kept catching up to him. A little later, I switched into the left lane to pass a few cars and then I came up on a driver in the left lane who was driving very slowly. Well, at this same time, that same BMW SUV came flying up behind me and started tailing me. I switched into the middle lane to go around the slow driver and the BMW started tailing that car and when that car refused to move over, he started flashing his lights at the car and beeping his horn. I had to laugh bc here's this left lane driver getting angry at another driver driving in the left lane yet he found no problem with him driving in the left lane and not moving over.

Doesn't he think the rest of the people get angry at him when he refuses to pull over?

He eventually passed the car by cutting in front of me and appeared to yell at the other driver.

voc I am...what I am
11/17/17 11:21 am

Tailgate them for a while, then fly around them honking the horn with the middle finger in the air.