TopsQueen November 17th, 2017 5:11pm

It is Friday morning. How has your week gone? My heart is with @Sunsetlepord and her son. We are headed into Thanksgiving, let’s look for reasons to be thankful. How has your week gone?

jmw7477 Indiana
11/19/17 1:46 am

I went to my Weight Watchers meeting this morning. I was pleasantly surprised. I lost 3 pounds this week for a total of 37. We went to a friend’s house this evening for their Friendsgiving dinner. My husband also told me today that he bought a Baja Bug (late 60s model) for me. We’re going to completely rebuild it to what I want. And he bought me a bunch of LipSense. (A wonderfully long-lasting lip color that’s kind of expensive.)

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
11/20/17 9:51 am

Sounds great.

RussianThunder Russia and USA
11/18/17 1:27 am

Very quiet. Follow up visit doctors. Chinese dinner. Air now cold! Yay!

jakecrs905 Long Island, NY
11/17/17 10:48 pm

I will say a pretty good week. I only have 2 weeks until the LSAT and I'm closing in on getting where I wanted to be. I thought I did awful on an economics midterm but I scored way above the median score so I'm happy. Also got my transcripts sent out to LSAC I'm working on all my projects and studying more for the lsat. I booked my trip to Las Vegas last Sunday and I am so excited I can't wait. My vacation in January is growing closer and I'm so excited to finally have an LSAT behind me so I can finish planning my trips for 2018 and enjoy the holidays. Sunsetleopard has been on my mind all week and I hope she can find some comfort I've been praying. All in all I'm doing ok I think I did well on the full LSAT I took on Thursday and I'm starting to get everything in order to wrap up the semester. My friends are coming home for thanksgiving so we'll have a get together I'm sure. I hope all is well with you. Grades are good life is good with me can't complain at all this week.

catpillow Florida West Coast
11/17/17 10:43 pm

Mostly quiet, except for a doctor trip with my mother this afternoon. The wheelchair transport service took an hour and fifty minutes from the time I called them to take her home until the driver finally arrived. During this time the doctors office closed and we had to sit and wait outside in the driveway. That’s no way to treat a sick and fragile elderly lady. The ride home for her is about 5 minutes.

catpillow Florida West Coast
11/17/17 10:45 pm

Oh and my husband is having less intense headache pain and fewer ice pick headaches. However, he feels a little out of it. He’s hoping he will adjust to the new medicine.

catpillow Florida West Coast
11/19/17 1:00 am

Sorry, I thought you knew. He’s been trying medical marijuana. He's been vaping extracts that don’t get him high several times a day. He started 10 days ago and today was the first day he had serious symptoms. He took his regular rescue medications and they worked. He got better. It’s a very promising start. Sometimes other medications would work for a while and then stop working. We’re hoping that doesn’t happen this time.

GlockMan1 Alabama
11/17/17 5:17 pm

Good week. No stress. No emergencies.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/17/17 3:39 pm

Watching the 2 year old granddaughter 5 days a week while my daughter works. She’s helping me declutter the house, and this weekend, we’re planning on switching two rooms out.

The room that is the den, and is being used as the den is being switched with the room that’s supposed to be the living room, and is being used for the sewing room.

So the den will become the sewing room and the living room will become the open great room/den/dining/kitchen. So excited!

Am also working on a counted cross stitched Christmas gift, hoping to get through with this one and have enough time to make two more before Christmas. Each one has over 100 hours of work in them, so I’m furiously stitching in between doing all the other stuff! Lol

—-

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/17/17 3:40 pm

As a result of doing all the above, I’m having to cut WAY back on SOH until after Christmas.

catpillow Florida West Coast
11/17/17 10:46 pm

Wow. That’s ambitious.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/18/17 8:28 am

Thanks, Catpillow! I’m trying! Lol

Vontrillex VC Nobody
11/17/17 2:36 pm

Well, I'm in middle school. I'm thankful that I got invited to Harvard University. I only have 7 years to college and am blessed that my parents could afford to send me to an academic and college prep school.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
11/17/17 2:12 pm

Been taking care of my daughter. So got nothing done. She is on the mend. My husband is in Washington for a week. I actually did some driving. Broke my glasses when I was out😳. I’m legally blind without then. Was able to tape then. Call me granny πŸ€“ nerd. My prescription is so strong for my classes cost $300 or more than other glasses. I’ll so I might not need them in three months I’m just going to have taped glasses.

GrandmaALiCE Rocky Mtns aerial view
11/17/17 1:05 pm

@SunsetLeopard

Tops, I’m tagging her, because I noticed a typo in the poll, where you tried to tag her.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
11/17/17 2:05 pm

Thank you so much.

cpaswr just say the letters
11/17/17 12:42 pm

We are returning home from our vacation today. As you know, we did a Disney cruise.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
11/17/17 2:06 pm

Pictures!!!! Same name on instagram

cpaswr just say the letters
11/17/17 2:24 pm

Pics will be posted later today!

imanag My heaven on Earth
11/17/17 12:03 pm

One of my students unexpectedly died Monday night, so this had been an emotional week. Her service is tomorrow. I keep praying for her parents and older brothers.

cpaswr just say the letters
11/17/17 12:41 pm

That is terrible.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
11/17/17 2:08 pm

😒 I’m so deeply sorry. Hugs to you and the family.

lj74
11/17/17 11:00 am

Great week

Harry3603 Tampa Bay Florida.
11/17/17 10:40 am

Pretty good, so far, but I really feel bad for @SunsetLeopard. That's a horrible thing for her to have to explain to her son. Hopefully she has friends and family offering help. Praying for her!

SunsetLeopard Still writing my story
11/18/17 4:46 am

πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’– Dada's just at work until he's old enough to understand it better.

Harry3603 Tampa Bay Florida.
11/18/17 5:12 am

You seem to be holding up well. Don't be afraid to let others help you! God bless you.

GrandmaALiCE Rocky Mtns aerial view
11/19/17 3:52 am

Sunset, I don’t know the right way to explain this to such a small child. I’m no expert, that’s for sure!

But, I have some qualms about sticking to the “dada’s at work” story, for what would have to be many years (“until he’s old enough”).

Connor knows enough to know *something’s* not right. You said somewhere else that he’s more clingy than usual. I think he may sense that you are holding something back.

I’m tagging @4jc because I think she has some expertise here. You also might want to discuss this with Connor’s doctor or another child expert.

Harry3603 Tampa Bay Florida.
11/19/17 4:01 am

GrandmaAlice, you and @4JC, get my vote as the best people on SOH to advise @SunsetLeopard.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/19/17 5:50 am

Sunset, respectfully, I agree with GA. Kids know a LOT more than we give them credit for. How old is your son? I know that our 2 year old granddaughter can understand a LOT more than she can express.

I would highly suggest that you either talk to your pastor or a counsellor, & look into buying or checking out from the library books that will help explain death to Connor.
I’ve personally seen kids that were left out of the loop and they were secretly worried that THEY were the cause of their parents “disappearance”. They thought maybe they had been “bad”, and their parent left them or didn’t want to spend time with them.

The line that you’ve taken could even cause Connor to feel that work is more important to Daddy than Connor is—the your hubby (sorry, I don’t know his name) is CHOOSING to be away from Connor. I’ll try to do a little research, if you want help finding a book to help you, if you can afford to buy one. I’m sure your children’s librarian could help also.

...

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/19/17 5:51 am

Thanks so much, Harry. That means a lot to me, especially as I got a derogatory comment by someone overnight.

....

GrandmaALiCE Rocky Mtns aerial view
11/19/17 5:55 am

4jc, Sunset’s husband’s name is Jason.

SunsetLeopard Still writing my story
11/19/17 6:08 am

Thank you all. My son is 2 and a half. And i just meant id tell him his daddys at work for now. Then I will transition to simething like daddy was very sick, then daddys in heaven and explain as needed. I mainly want to wait for him to ask. As he has a speach delay, he is not asking at all for now, but I do know he knows something is up. I will be contacting his pediatrician this week actually as I felt this event could be big enough to cause issues in his development and behavior down the road so...I want to be sure we are handling it correctly.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/19/17 6:17 am

Thanks, GA!

That sounds great, Sunset. In case you missed it, I messaged you this morning. Sometimes those notifications don’t seem to show up for some reason!

Children have to be handled very carefully, especially in a suicide. I didn’t realize until decades later that my child I was pregnant with had heard me telling people that my mom committed suicide when I was pregnant, and that he had felt all his life that she didn’t love him enough to stick around to meet him.

I felt like SUCH a failure as a mother to not have realized he was quietly taking it that way, or I would have talked to him about it. It never entered my mind, and I felt so bad. So I guess I’m trying to spare you from something like that, hon!

...

GrandmaALiCE Rocky Mtns aerial view
11/19/17 6:53 am

Harry, thanks for the compliment! 😊

Harry3603 Tampa Bay Florida.
11/19/17 8:37 pm

4JC, I have never found anything that you have said worthy of derogatory comments. The one who did that needs help! You and @GA have been wonderful to @Sunset, God bless you both.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/19/17 9:00 pm

Thanks so much, Harry. I put that person on ignore immediately. It wasn’t my first run in with her. She is supposedly a Christian and had told me that we shouldn’t honor pastors, when the Bible clearly states we should give pastors double honor. Being a pastor’s wife, you can imagine how that went over with me! Lol

...

Harry3603 Tampa Bay Florida.
11/19/17 10:32 pm

She judges other to bolster her sense of superiority. She who exalts herself shall be humbled! You put others before you, so you shall be exalted.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/20/17 12:28 am

Thanks, Harry! I really appreciate that!

Kay41 the Midwest
11/17/17 10:26 am

My week was great! The cardiologist said that my husband's heart is now working normally again and he does not need a pacemaker nor a defibrillator. He can resume all normal activities. Great news considering he almost died four months ago!

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
11/17/17 2:08 pm

WONDERFUL. I’m so happy for you b

Kay41 the Midwest
11/17/17 2:33 pm

Thank you!

DoctorWasdarb Marxist Leninist Maoist
11/17/17 10:16 am

Another long week. We moved. Without internet for a few days, and it's still pretty meh. Hope it picks up. But all in all it wasn't bad.