SuperAgain November 17th, 2017 7:57am

Is sexual harassment a problem on both ‘sides of the aisle’ and essentially independent of one’s politics?

MrsCrayonWax
11/17/17 5:55 am

It’s a problem irrespective of political sides but that’s what people are making it.

mudkip17 United States of Texas
11/17/17 4:56 am

it's a problem on both sides, but only one side will accept that while the other comes up with ever excuse under the moon to label it a conspiracy

Ebola1 Florida
11/17/17 5:33 am

Agree that the Democrats are guilty in this regard but they are improving. Eventually they will have to change with the times.

mudkip17 United States of Texas
11/17/17 5:48 am

I've stated that frakin should step down, can you say the same about moore?

Ebola1 Florida
11/17/17 5:51 am

Along with most Republicans including the RNC.

However, I’m not a Republican.

voc I am...what I am
11/17/17 6:13 am

Lol Ebola! There are several dems calling for franken to step down, both on this app and in real life. Republicans on here are not calling for Moore to step down, a lot are also saying the women are lying (because he’s a good Christian man, yep I’ve seen that on here too) and the ones in real life that are are being called RINOS. That is 100% happening. I know you’ve seen it.

voc I am...what I am
11/17/17 6:14 am

I should have finished that with I know you’ve seen that a lot more than you’ve seen any dems defending franken. And there are some, but not many.

Ebola1 Florida
11/17/17 6:54 am

Nope!

Has the DNC called for Franken to step aside the way the RNC has for Moore? They have not.

I’m not talking about on this app but nationally there are MANY more Republicans calling for Moore to step aside than Democrats calling for Franken to do so.
Those who say otherwise just aren’t paying attention.

voc I am...what I am
11/17/17 7:00 am

Well, maybe I’m not paying attention then. That’s possible. Like I said, the ones that I see calling for him to step aside are being called rinos or the establishment.

clmcd42 Texas
11/17/17 7:02 am

Of course, Moore is alleged to have committed much worse crimes. Not to say that groping and kissing without consent isn't bad, but pedophilia is generally considered worse.

Ebola1 Florida
11/17/17 9:28 am

I don’t think anyone has yet accused Moore of pedophilia. I agree that what he is accused of is on the surface worse than Franken’s behavior. One difference being that Franken has basically admitted and apologized for his actions (to his credit) while Moore vehemently denies that he committed the actions. Franken also has admitted he suggested a SNL skit where he would drug and rape Leslie Stahl. Since these things tend to be patterns more information may come out about Franken

This brings up an interesting question about whether we should hold people responsible to modern standards of behavior for acts committed in a different time and place. In Franken’s case should he held accountable for actions committed as a comedian in a time when apparently groping and jokes about rape were considered funny?

...