TomLaney1 November 17th, 2017 5:50am

FRIDAY HOTLINE TO HEAVEN: Thankfully, another turbulent week comes to an end. Please remember SunsetLeopard’s tragic loss of her husband, and list your own needs and concerns in Comments so we can pray for them.

jakecrs905 New York, NY
11/17/17 10:37 pm

I need to show my love for @sunsetleopard may there be some comfort for her and her son during these really rough times. You've been in my prayers all week and I can't even begin to imagine the situation you're in. I hope God gives you the guidance so you can navigate through all of the emotional, physical, financial, and all other hardships you're facing right now. Just know you're not alone the entire SOH community is standing behind you it's just a little upsetting I can't do something more to help, but you are in my thoughts and prayers for sure. If you need to talk to someone feel free to message me.

11/18/17 2:51 am

I feel the same way. I can’t help financially, but you’re in my prayers, @sunsetleopard . And like jake said, if you need to talk, I’m here. I WILL LISTEN!

I’m a survivor of suicide & much grief. Just to give you a background, sunset, my mom committed suicide with a shotgun blow to the head when she was 39 & I was 20 & 8 months pregnant. She was several states away, & my doctor advised me not to travel, so I couldn’t even go to her funeral. I’ll spare you the gory details, but my 14 year old brother found her & it messed him up for life. My father had to clean up the mess in their rental house afterward. They had to have a closed casket.

My father died only 3 years later, when I was 23. I’ve had several other family members pass away—cousins, aunts, my MIL & FIL, & my other mother.

I tell you all this just to let you know, Sunset, that what you’re going through IS survivable. With God’s help, even though it doesn’t feel like it now, you WILL one day smile, laugh, & enjoy life.

...

SunsetLeopard Still writing my story
11/18/17 4:25 am

πŸ’– Thank you guys πŸ’– Your support means more to me than I can express. This tragedy has revealed more "in person" support than I thought I had, but my SOH family still takes the cake for helping me survive it the most πŸ’–

11/18/17 4:30 am

I’m SO glad you’re getting the support you need, Sunset! Hang in there, and I’m here if you want to talk, no judgement! You will face feelings of anger and guilt (even though there is nothing you could have done) that are hard to deal with on top of everything else.

Know that I will NOT judge you even if that anger is turned against God. I feel that God is big enough to take our questions and even our anger. Reading the book of Job always helps me understand that!

...

SunsetLeopard Still writing my story
11/18/17 4:40 am

Thankfully I have yet to have anger against Him through anything I've gone through so far. In fact, this event has only strengthened my faith. The way I see it, He must have something huge planned for me that I just don't see yet. I also see it as my dad protected me and Conner. The gun was a gun my dad gave me some year and a half ago or so. He gave it to me with only 3 bullets in it. He made me shoot it before I took it home to be sure I understood how to work it. After getting it home, I shot it again to show Jason, leaving 1 bullet. We never bought more due to financial struggles, and pure procrastination. I still firmly believe that one detail saved me and Conner's life. This tragedy will take a great deal of effort time and support to push through, but I also believe it has opened up many huge doors that I otherwise wouldn't have had the opportunity to take.

11/18/17 4:50 am

Wow! I’m so impressed with your faith. It often takes someone decades to grow as strong as you already are. Just the fact that you can see that God has something huge planned for you shows a lot of Christian maturity. I have a feeling that God is going to use you as I feel that He has me—to help the hurting.

Having said all that, there are probably going to be times that hit you harder, & that you might struggle. Know that we’re all here for you when those times come.

If you’re ever in need of someone to talk to in the middle of the night, when you feel no one will be up, I often am, due to medical issues. You can message me, & if I’m up, I’ll be here for you, no matter the hour.

11/18/17 4:50 am

2) There are others here that I see in the middle of the night, also, & I’m sure they would say the same.

Hang in there, girl! Some days, it’s a major accomplishment when you can just say you’re hanging in there!

I’m so grateful that you feel your dad protected you, & you can now see the good, even in financial difficulty! There aren’t many people that can say that financial difficulty saved their lives!

...

SunsetLeopard Still writing my story
11/18/17 4:58 am

Agreed. And I will certainly keep that in mind. Im sorry your medical issues keep you up, but I will certainlybreach out to you and others when the nights hit hard. πŸ’–

11/18/17 5:02 am

Thanks! I’ve found that it’s in the middle of the night that it often hits hardest. I’m glad you’re reaching out!

...

chickencookie Jihad Joe
11/18/17 9:35 am

Wow @SunsetLeopard I believe that there are no such thing as coincidence. I feel like your dad was looking out for you and it was a gift that he made you use two bullets so there was only one left! That gives me chills.

SunsetLeopard Still writing my story
11/18/17 9:42 am

Me too πŸ’– It certainly makes me want to make the most of my life even more

chickencookie Jihad Joe
11/18/17 4:40 pm

You are VERY young and have so much to look forward to. Like a nun once said “today is the first day of the rest of your life.” πŸ€”

missmorganmarie ...
11/18/17 8:37 pm

4JC why do you keep bringing up your mom and that she killed herself? you've posted this in almost every update regarding sunset, and its starting to bother you. we get it. we know what happened to you and your mom. sunset knows. if she wants

missmorganmarie ...
11/18/17 8:39 pm

to talk to you about it, she will. and if she doesn't want to, she knows you are there in case she ever does want to. stop always bringing it up every single time.

ptellini Homosuperior
11/17/17 4:37 pm

I need a better paying position. I just enrolled in health insurance 😜

auntiesamm Orange County CA
11/17/17 11:57 am

Prayers please for my best friend of 71 years. She has Lynch Syndrome and is currently undergoing chemo for a tumor in her bladder. She has had 9 primary cancers since 1961 when we were just 21.
We are both believers and know God is in control.
I continue to pray for Sunset and her son

11/18/17 2:55 am

Oh, WOW! That’s horrible that she’s had to suffer so! Prayers for her and for you, & of course, for @sunsetleopard and her baby boy.

cowboy Doors of Perception
11/17/17 11:46 am

Please let me win the mega-millions tonight so my poor mom doesn’t have to ride a bike in the cold to go to work and give my child a better education and life. In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.

missmorganmarie ...
11/17/17 3:53 pm

why don't you buy your mom a car?

cowboy Doors of Perception
11/18/17 8:34 am

I’d rather buy her a beach house. She deserves it.

missmorganmarie ...
11/17/17 9:25 am

please keep sunsetleopard in your thoughts and prayers..

SunsetLeopard Still writing my story
11/17/17 8:25 pm

πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–

chickencookie Jihad Joe
11/17/17 6:37 am

To all a Happy and safe Thanksgiving - we have so much in this country we don’t even know. I pray for all those who are suffering, the ill and the mentally depressed or worried. And dear Sara and Connor - may they get through the unimaginable.

SunsetLeopard Still writing my story
11/17/17 8:26 pm

πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–

Jazzy5 USA
11/17/17 5:02 am

Prayers for Det. Sean Suiter and his family, killed in Baltimore, he was the father of 5.

Nihilism You cant save me
11/17/17 12:00 am

Pray I don’t wake up after I fall asleep tonight.

Jazzy5 USA
11/17/17 4:47 am

Wake up and have a beautiful day! People care..

Jazzy5 USA
11/17/17 11:53 am

If you wish to answer: why?

11/18/17 2:42 am

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.....God cares and I care and I would say that everyone that comes here to pray also cares, Nihilism.

I’m praying that He will show you just how very much He loves you!

“Dear Father, I pray that you will show Nihilism just how much you love him in such a way that he’ll know that it’s You and he can’t deny it.”

...

Jazzy5 USA
11/18/17 6:24 am

Amen!

MachoMatt84 Privileged to serve.
11/16/17 11:13 pm

Just came in to extend prayer for SunsetLeopard. Her tragedy is among the most difficult things to experience in a lifetime. Praying for her mental and emotional recovery to be relatively quick.

BamaGirl ROLL TIDE from Arizona
11/16/17 11:15 pm

Absolutely & to have also buried her husband on the three month anniversary of her father‘s death is heart wrenching!

Kay41 the Midwest
11/17/17 5:09 am

I add my prayers to that!

evoecon nearest binary system
11/17/17 7:28 am

πŸ™πŸ½πŸ™πŸ½πŸ™πŸ½β€οΈβ€οΈβ€οΈ

SunsetLeopard Still writing my story
11/17/17 8:26 pm

πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–

imanag My heaven on Earth
11/16/17 11:10 pm

I'm definitely praying for Sunset. She and Connor need some heavenly hugs.

I'm also asking for prayers for the family of Rory. She was an adorable 3rd grade student of mine and she passed away very unexpectedly Monday night. Her family misses their sweet angel, her friends and teachers miss her, too. Prayers for comfort would be appreciated.

BamaGirl ROLL TIDE from Arizona
11/16/17 11:13 pm

Definitely praying, sis!

Kay41 the Midwest
11/17/17 5:10 am

πŸ’œ praying!

missmorganmarie ...
11/17/17 9:24 am

I'm so sorry, praying.

how awful

imanag My heaven on Earth
11/17/17 10:34 am

πŸ˜™πŸ˜™πŸ˜™

11/18/17 2:58 am

I’m so sorry about the loss of your student. My hubby has lost students also. Prayers for all that miss her!

...

BamaGirl ROLL TIDE from Arizona
11/16/17 11:08 pm

I heard from baby Harry‘s mother tonight & the good news is that baby Harry is out of the woods for needing surgery!!! He will continue to be in NICU for at least a few more weeks or months. She will continue to stay nearby & her husband will continue to commute to see her & Harry as often as possible. She is grateful for your prayers and asked that we continue those. She also asked that we pray for the many babies that are in NICU who don’t get to see their families on a daily basis.

I am sending her a shipment tomorrow of some travel hygiene items. If any of you would like to as well you can send them to:
Harry Dewhurst
Ronald McDonald House
1700 4th Ave S
Birmingham, AL 35233

www.rmhca.org/how-can-you-help/

My other friend that I have been mentioning’s mother begins her chemo treatments today (Friday). Please continue to keep her, the medical staff, and her family in your prayers.

David & I had a great weekend. We did learn one lesson the hard way...
...

BamaGirl ROLL TIDE from Arizona
11/16/17 11:12 pm

It is exhausting to go from being used to being alone most of the time to spending 48 straight hours with someone!!! Thursday was his birthday and I texted him and called him and we talked on the phone several times and he told me that I made his birthday special so that made me smile. He will be coming back here on Wednesday for us to have Thanksgiving together. Please pray for us as we try to cook Thanksgiving dinner together!

He is disappointed and so I’m I that we won’t get to spend Christmas together. He will be going to his older sister’s for Christmas and she has laid down the law that he’s not allowed to bring anyone that she hasn’t already met. He would forgo it but his niece that he hasn’t seen and every year will be there and he wants to see her, so he & I will celebrate early on our trip to SoCal about a week before. Please continue to keep our relationship in your prayers.

imanag My heaven on Earth
11/16/17 11:12 pm

Good news about baby Harry! More prayers are on the way, Sis!

BamaGirl ROLL TIDE from Arizona
11/17/17 10:28 am

I also meant to add prayers of thanksgiving for @Kay41 ‘s husband, Andy, who got really great news from the cardiologist this week!

Kay41 the Midwest
11/17/17 3:22 pm

Thank you! Many prayers of thanksgiving have been said already and more are appreciated! πŸ’œ

11/18/17 3:06 am

Praying for all those needs, Bama. Is baby Harry’s family from outside the metro B’ham area? I know she has housing at Ronald McDonald House, but should she have a later need, and lives outside the B’ham area, here is a link to the B’ham Baptist Association’s Medical Apartment ministry. They have apartments available free of charge to families that have a family member at local medical facilities.

bbaonline.org/medical-apartments/

...

11/18/17 3:09 am

I’m sorry.....I just read their website again and they do charge a small amount for those apartments. My info about the cost was from decades ago, and I could’ve been mistaken that it was ever free! Lol

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
11/16/17 11:07 pm

Thank you all for participating! May God supply all your needs according to His riches in Glory through Christ Jesus.
• SunsetLeopard and her 2-year-old son Conner have made it through the funeral of her husband and will be staying with her aunt. Please keep praying!
• Please remember all the folks who will be traveling this week for the Thanksgiving holidays. Don’t text and drive or talk on your cellphone while driving! If you’re sleepy, pull over and take a nap!
• Please pray for the Dec. 12th Alabama Senate election, that God’s will be done and no innocent person’s reputation be ruined! βœŸΩ†βœ‘ ❀️

SunsetLeopard Still writing my story
11/17/17 8:27 pm

πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–

11/16/17 11:03 pm

I’m praying for @SunsetLeopard ! I’m so sorry for her loss.

I have a praise report. My BIL who had the surgery on his knee is doing better. Last week, I asked prayer because he had a hole in his knee after the surgery, but it is apparently healing up & they’re just praying for no more set backs now. Thanks for your prayers!

11/16/17 11:04 pm

Also, please pray that God will reveal the truth about the Roy Moore situation, in such a way that there is no doubting what the truth is, no matter what the truth is, BEFORE we have to vote next month. Thanks!

...