osouless November 17th, 2017 3:14am

Do you have any hobbies that are considered normal for “other people” but when you tell people that it’s also a hobby of yours they act surprised?

OhTheIrony Learning from you
11/20/17 1:15 pm

I like listening to lectures of professors in my free time. Most people are pretty surprised when I tell them that.

Mackinaw Wolverine State, est.1837
11/17/17 6:59 am

I suppose people would be surprised in my interest in anthropomorphic art, literature, and costuming (AKA furry fandom) but I don't go out of my way to bring it up.

catpillow Florida West Coast
11/16/17 11:12 pm

It’s not a hobby, but I really like tools. As did my mother and grandmother. People often think my tools belong to my husband.

Louderthebetter
11/16/17 11:02 pm

Obsessed with heavy metal and the link and direct correlation with classical music.

Richard Wagner, German composer was a trailblazer in the 1800’s. He used, gasp, bass yes that’s bass in his complex operas. Other composers ostracized him.

Metal is rich and deep🤘🏼

Cole12 ...
11/16/17 9:24 pm

Investing - was a hobby, now my job.

Cole12 ...
11/16/17 9:25 pm

People are also surprised by my love for rap.

osouless Whats Next
11/16/17 10:30 pm

I wouldn’t take you for a rap guy Cole, even knowing already that you are. Investing seems right up your alley however.

Cole12 ...
11/20/17 2:15 pm

Yes, I graduated in August.

OhTheIrony Learning from you
11/20/17 2:17 pm

Congrats. Investing is fun, albiet risky as a sole source of income. I wish you the best of luck.

Cole12 ...
11/20/17 3:10 pm

Thanks! I’m working for my family’s RIA business, so I have a steady salary in addition to my personal investing income.

osouless Whats Next
11/16/17 8:19 pm

Also, if you haven’t been keeping up with my Radio show, catch up on mix cloud!! I’ve recently done a series of top ten shows where i run through the top ten guitarists, bassists @JennaB , drummers, and lead singers/frontmen! Follow me on mixcloud to get notifications when i post a new show!! If you want to listen to my Thanksgiving episode, here’s the link!! www.mixcloud.com/ryan-ohern/syracuse-thanksgiving-city-11-16/

osouless Whats Next
11/16/17 8:15 pm

In my case people are generally surprised that enjoy cooking, baking, bartending, and that i have strong parental instincts/am good with kids.

osouless Whats Next
11/16/17 8:16 pm

That last one’s not technically a hobby, but it fits the rest of the question.