Libertarian Party Chairman Jklink (L-IA) proposes Part One of the Unconstitutional Federal Agencies Act
Bill fails @Jklink
This is a great start. Unfortunately, the Virtual Congress is currently horribly unbalanced towards the progressive side, and we will not see common-sense legislation like this enacted until we can reêstablish a Conservative voting majority. 🇺🇸
It's about dead even and divided just like the real country. So nothing gets passed
Also this legislation is a travesty, if your conservatism is defined by slashing every program in the band of Porto anarchism, then I want nothing to do with it.
The votes are usually 60/40 to 80/20, not 50/50.
Yeah on legislation where the moderate conservatives vote no. Like when mr America wanted to cut social security and Medicare in half! That's not a conservative positron. Most conservatives, most people wouldn't support such a thing. On Obamacare it was about 50/50
Nay. A few of these I would support but many of them. The agricultural ones are actually good for society
It doesn’t matter if it’s good for society if it isn’t constitutional.
🙄 you have no proof for the it's unconstitutional claim!
"Everything I don't like is unconstitutional" what a pathetic scape goat.
The tenth amendment places the requirement to prove constitutionality on the person attempting to add laws. Basically everything should be considered unconstitutional until proven otherwise.
These laws haven't been added. They've been around for awhile, that's such a dumb scapegoat! Ya got me, roads, the military, Medicare, regulations its all unconstitutional.
Lets live with the sheep off the land. That way we embrace constitutionality
I see we come at government from different angles. I believe the government must operate within the bounds of the constitution. I take our virtual oaths as congressmen (and my real life oath as a soldier) to protect and defend the constitution seriously. Apparently you are one of those enemies.
Your virtue signaling and fetishization of the constitution doesn't do anything for me buddy. You just sound like a pathetic retard, "muh freedom is dependent on small agricultural subsidies" "first step to communism"
Yea. This is an important step forward.
Part One of the Unconstitutional Federal Agencies Act:
SECTION 1: ABOLISHMENT
(A) The following Federal agencies are hereby abolished:
1. Advanced Research Projects Agency
2. Advisory Commission on Intergovernmental Relations
3. Advisory Council on Historic Preservation
4. African Development Foundation
5. Agency for International Development
6. Agricultural Marketing Service
7. Agricultural Research Service
8. Economic Research Service
9. Energy, Office of
10. Environmental Quality, Office of
11. Federal Acquisition Regulation
12. Federal Crop Insurance Corp.
13. Food and Nutrition Service
14. Foreign Agricultural Service
15. Forest Service
16. Grain Inspection, Packers and Stockyard Administration
17. Information Resources Management
18. Inspector General, Office of
19. National Agricultural Library
20. National Agricultural Statistics Service
21. National Resources Conservation Service
22. Operations, Office of
23. Procurement and Property Management
24. Rural Business - Cooperative Service
25. Rural Development Administration
SECTION 2. ENACTMENT
(A) This bill shall take affect on January 1, 2018, after the hday passage of this bill.
Summary: This bill abolishes unconstitutional agencies that are ran by the federal government. The reason why these agencies are unconstitutional is because U.S. congress is not authorized to create laws in these areas.