4JC November 16th, 2017 3:53am

A construction team of 30 people spent 72 hrs painting & repairing Sutherland Baptist & placing 1 white chair with the name of the person killed in gold letters (& a rose on the chair) at the place each person fell. Watch videos. Beautiful memorial!

Jazzy5 USA
11/16/17 1:28 pm

I would like me to see the church survive as a memorial. The way they honored those that were killed, was beautiful.

JulieB The Lake House
11/16/17 7:22 am

😰
Beautiful, touching, sad.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/16/17 9:04 am

I thought so, too! I started crying when the pastor’s voice broke talking about his friends and daughter and then again when it showed the pink rose for the unborn baby.

...

SuperAgain They lie, Get Over It
11/16/17 12:28 am

It’s a solemn reminder that remembrance cuts both ways. It honors the fallen and can hurt the hearts of survivors.

ShakaBrah California
11/15/17 11:04 pm

Didn't the pastor order it to be demolished to make a memorial?

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/15/17 11:16 pm

Shaka, in a Southern Baptist church, the pastor doesn’t ORDER anything done. The entire church will vote on what to do, if they’re like all the other SBC churches I’ve been a member/pastor’s wife of.

The pastor and some members wanted it demolished. Others wanted a place to remember their loved ones.

These volunteers cleaned it up so it won’t look like a crime scene in the meantime, until they decide what to do. The demolition is still not off the table, but they will decide together.

I think it was wonderful that volunteers did this for them. Both of the videos made me cry.

...

ShakaBrah California
11/16/17 4:48 pm

Oh, okay. I guess order wasn't a good choice of words. "Suggested" would be better. Thanks.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/16/17 6:16 pm

You’re welcome, Shaka. In some other denominations, ordered might be more appropriate, as in some denominations the pastor has a lot more authority over the church. But SBC is not that denomination! Lol

...

NKarta Please excuse my sanity
11/15/17 10:18 pm

Didnt they say they were demolishing it because it was too painful?

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/15/17 11:14 pm

That’s what the pastor and some of the members wanted to do. But I think this article mentioned that some of them wanted to do a memorial, to remember their loved ones. I think this article also stated that they are still weighing options and the demolition might still be in the works.

But these volunteers did this for them in the meantime, just so it won’t look like a crime scene, while they’re trying to decide what to do with the building.

...

susanr Colorado
11/15/17 9:30 pm

I'll watch it in a little while (gotta go get my laundry) but I wondered if you had a chance to look at the articles I suggested about some similar ideas (among a variety of ideas) when we were talking the other night, and I said I wished they would hold off for just a little while before making an *irrevocable* decision to demolish the place. There were some very beautiful ideas in those articles.

THIS,what they're doing, is EXACTLY the kind of reason why I hoped they would wait a bit.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/15/17 11:12 pm

No, Susan, I’m so sorry. Time got away from me, and I don’t even remember where those were now.

I’m trying to watch my 2 year old granddaughter for my daughter to work 5 days a week, plus declutter my house, completely switch all the things from two different rooms to the other rooms, and make 3 counted cross stitched Christmas presents that have over 100 hours of work each in them! Having to REALLY cut back on SOH to do all this!

If you have the links and can send them to me AGAIN, I’d like to try to get to them, though, or at least put them in my notes to look at later!

...

susanr Colorado
11/18/17 2:25 am

Thanks, GA, I'm glad you found those and posted them here.

I thought there were some interesting ideas in there - some of them achieved, some of them just contemplated.

political Georgia
11/15/17 9:10 pm

God will use this tragic event to glorify His sovereign will.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/15/17 8:54 pm

💠 4JC asked:
11/16/2017

Watching
Not interested

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/15/17 8:54 pm

Make sure you scroll down and watch the video at the bottom, also. SO touching!

...

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/15/17 8:55 pm

I cried watching both the pastor talking in the video at the top and the one at the bottom that shows the memorial.

...