Trioda November 15th, 2017 8:00pm

My friend got put into a mental hospital today I got told my a friend in my math class.She apparently tried to kill herself and had guns in her house to do so.She was on house arrest all last week.Anyone know this pain or at least something like it?

ladyniner81 I hate people
11/17/17 7:56 am

I've thought about it a few times but never could do it. I went to a therapy group years ago with people who had various mental illnesses and I quickly found out I wasn't as bad as I thought I was. I think about them when that thought comes back

gluxford1 Arizona
11/15/17 9:04 pm

Yes, I went through the same thing when I was 13. The only difference was that I had planned to end my life with a knife instead of a gun. I only dropped it when I heard the sirens. If they hadn't arrived and my mother hadn't called them, my throat would have been cut open within the next few seconds. Your friend will be in my prayers.

gluxford1 Arizona
11/15/17 9:06 pm

And @Trioda , if you need anyone to talk to, feel free to message me. I'm so sorry that you went through this. You will be in my prayers as well.

Jazzy5 USA
11/16/17 6:26 pm

I’m glad, you didn’t succeed!

Trioda
11/15/17 7:35 pm

Thank you all for your beautiful comments of concern and hope.i really appreciate it 😌makes me feel better knowing there are so many people out there who can actually relate to with a certain issues

bower8899 ...
11/15/17 6:20 pm

I've considered checking myself into a mental hospital. Always been scared thru wouldn't let me out.

I would definitely not allow guns in my house. If her parents care about her they shouldn't at least get a safe

lcamino Florida and Georgia
11/17/17 1:47 am

I did that bower, and it saved my life. I’ve been told that you can go to an emergency room if you feel suicidal too.

bower8899 ...
11/17/17 7:44 am

Yes, I know it's an option. If things ever get really bad again I will probably do it.

Louderthebetter
11/15/17 6:06 pm

Trioda, I’m sorry.
I’m an atheist as well but will sure send some positive thoughts your way.
Hope this isn’t too upsetting for you.
Sad, very sad. I’m sorry😙

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/15/17 5:07 pm

💠 Trioda asked:
11/15/2017

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/15/17 5:08 pm

Trioda, my mom committed suicide with a shotgun blow to the head when she was 30 and I was 20 and 8 months pregnant.

We have another SOH member whose hubby just committed suicide with a gun.

I’ll be praying for your friend. The best thing you can do for him or her is just be there....don’t try to find the right words—-there are NO right words. Just let them know you care.

...

Louderthebetter
11/15/17 6:10 pm

4J, I’m so sad to hear your story as well😟 that must have been horrible for you, and pregnant to boot.
Well, hope you’ve healed as best you can.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/15/17 6:12 pm

Thanks, Louder! That was 35 years ago. I’ve healed, with God’s help.

But I couldn’t attend my mom’s funeral because it was several states away and my doctor’s advised me not to travel. It was tough. My father passed away only 3 years later, and again, I got no closure, as he was buried out of state, with only my hubby, myself, and my brother in attendance.

...

Louderthebetter
11/15/17 6:16 pm

Suicide confuses the heck out of me.
To have no closure, 😔, must have been awful.
You’re so encouraging. I love that about you!

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/15/17 6:27 pm

Yeah, you’re not the only one it confuses. You wouldn’t believe the number of times someone that didn’t know what happened asked me about my mom, and how she died.

You could hear a pin drop when I told them. Conversation ender, for sure! Lol

Thanks so much, Louder! That means a LOT to me. I feel that God has called me to help those that are in pain, because I can understand their pain, having been through so much myself!

...

gluxford1 Arizona
11/15/17 9:08 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss, 4JC. Nobody should ever have to go through what you went through.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/15/17 11:09 pm

Thanks so much, Glux! I really appreciate that!

I just now scrolled back up and see I have a typo. My mom was NOT 30 when I was 20! LOL That was supposed to be 39!

....

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/15/17 11:09 pm

Thanks so much, Glux! I really appreciate that!

....

paranoidandroid peace love science
11/15/17 5:02 pm

Your friend is lucky to have a friend who cares as much as you obviously do. You can ask her how she feels you can help and just be there for her. Remember to take care of you if/when you try to give her support. It can be emotionally draining.

RussianThunder Russia and USA
11/15/17 4:16 pm

I had a classmate that killed himself but I’ve never been THAT depressed. I thought about suicide once it was more as part of a temper tantrum.
I can’t imagine going into a mental hospital. Hope they are better here than in Russia.

DanteAlighieri
11/15/17 3:02 pm

Someone close to me is going through something very similar. It's hard, but you gotta hang in there and let her know you're there for her no matter what happens

coloradical Vote or Shut Up
11/15/17 1:42 pm

Try your hardest to make a connection with your friend. Try to explain that as bad as everything seems to be at the moment they will look back and be thankful that they persevered. Is there a religious connection between you and your friend? God Bless you, I will pray for your friend.

Trioda
11/15/17 2:11 pm

They are in a mental Hospitale no idea where or how bad.and there’s no religious connection I am atheist she religious(Christian)but thanks for your prayer