jstahl November 15th, 2017 1:30pm

According to the Bible, God killed millions, including every living thing that didn't make it onto the ark. Satan killed ten, the children of Job, and only because God allowed it. Who should we fear more?

liam2013 iowa
11/20/17 7:13 pm

Neither. Satin does not exist. God has not killed anyone. Shit happens, no one to blame but fate.

azsageguy
11/15/17 6:12 pm

Being told to fear a made up entity sounds like s job for a con man.

jztheman Connecticut
11/15/17 6:00 pm

God. Because He can at least stop Lucifer, while nothing can stop God.

bartman71 USW
11/15/17 4:40 pm

When I believed and served, it was out of fear. Not love or gratitude.

gunluvr NOT a Gun Free Zone
11/15/17 2:02 pm

Proverbs 9:10
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding

TrueAmerican7 I Am Galt.
11/15/17 11:09 am

Convolute much?😂

TrueAmerican7 I Am Galt.
11/15/17 3:11 pm

Bah, we could debate this till the cows come home!
If a man overeats and dies of a heart attack, do you blame the heart attack or the gluttony?

TrueAmerican7 I Am Galt.
11/15/17 5:00 pm

Correct. Put in biblical terms, the man chose the sin of gluttony over God. So per your question, was it God that slayed the millions, or their own choices that led to the heart attack?
Believe me, I’m not preaching here, just trying to have a logical discussion.

jstahl Build that wall
11/15/17 5:28 pm

So you're comparing a flood that wiped out the whole planet to overeating? Are you saying mankind and all the living creatures in the whole planet knew the consequences of their actions and could have avoided it? I'm not trying to be contrary, trying to understand your comparison.

TrueAmerican7 I Am Galt.
11/15/17 5:41 pm

It’s a very simplistic comparison, but yes, that is what I’m saying. If “good” is eating well and “evil” is not then expect the consequences. Correct me if I’m wrong, but “the flood”, was intended to purge the world of evil.

jstahl Build that wall
11/15/17 5:50 pm

I'm a Christian, but far from a biblical scholar. And quite frankly, I'm skeptical of most of it. I do believe it was too purge the world of evil. But I don't believe every person and animal that was purged was evil. I thought the whole point is that none of us is free from sin, and God is great because he forgives those sins.

TrueAmerican7 I Am Galt.
11/15/17 6:00 pm

I agree with most of that, and often think that the Bible was written in the most simplistic terms in order to survive the ages. Having said that, name me a war within which not a single innocent died, even when one side was clearly in the right.

jstahl Build that wall
11/15/17 6:24 pm

But war is a man made phenomenon, so comparing God's wrath to war isn't a good comparison. And I don't know if one side is always clearly right in most wars. Both sides think they're right, enough so that they're willing to die for it.

TrueAmerican7 I Am Galt.
11/15/17 6:29 pm

I agree that both sides believe they’re right, hence the war. At what point does either side become “right”? Who is the aggressor, and what are they fighting for? Are they defending their rights, or imposing their beliefs on others?

TrueAmerican7 I Am Galt.
11/15/17 6:32 pm

As for “comparing God’s wrath”, again I think at the most basic level, it is a parable for freedom vs. fascism, or good vs. evil.

jstahl Build that wall
11/15/17 7:13 pm

Ok, I guess I can buy that. A parable. Does that mean you don't think it ever happened?

jstahl Build that wall
11/15/17 7:17 pm

I've enjoyed this conversation. Thank you. Seems like a long time since I've been able to have a discussion with someone I didn't agree 100% with that didn't turn ugly. Sad but true.

TrueAmerican7 I Am Galt.
11/15/17 7:18 pm

What ever happened? The terrible loss of innocent lives during a war? If so, of course it’s happened, it’s sadly inevitable.

TrueAmerican7 I Am Galt.
11/15/17 7:21 pm

Jstahl, thank you as well!
I think that facts over emotions will propel humankind to prosperity. I do my best to exclude my personal feelings when debating. Following your profile now. 🙂

jstahl Build that wall
11/15/17 7:35 pm

I was referring to the great flood as punishment. Was it just a parable written for effect, or did it actually happen?

TrueAmerican7 I Am Galt.
11/15/17 7:38 pm

Maybe it did, maybe it didn’t. The concept of a “parable” is that it holds true throughout the ages. It’s a life lesson well heeded by our species.

DounutHole
11/15/17 8:45 am

I fear the folks who believe in fairy’s, angels and virginal births to justify the almost daily mass shootings and actions of pedophiles.

CMChristian gone
11/15/17 8:30 am

You need to understand God's wrath to know God's mercy.

kscott516 Masks fail