gluxford1 November 15th, 2017 3:54am

Over the last week, I've begun to see Christmas decorations adorning the shopping centers and strip malls near my town. I've seen a few houses decorated already too. Is it too early to decorate for Christmas?

Zach21 California
11/15/17 9:24 am

It really should be after Thanksgiving, but it doesn't bother me.

ZaQ777 Pittsburgh
11/15/17 8:22 am

Christmas season starts on Black Friday and not a minute sooner.

Harry3603 Tampa Bay Florida.
11/15/17 8:51 am

It depends on where you live. In Rochester, NY, with bare trees, it adds color and greenery. In Prescott, AZ, where there are a lot of pines, probably not that noticeable. In NYC, the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade brings Santa Claus on the scene. I personally like to keep one holiday at a time. Growing up in California, I thought it was nice when Jewish neighbors put up what they called "Hanukah Bushes".

knetzere Illinois
11/15/17 7:22 am

I’ll probably put lights up this weekend but they won’t be plugged in till December

Harry3603 Tampa Bay Florida.
11/15/17 9:57 am

A lot of folks up North, including me, strung their lights before it really gets cold, and wait until it warms up before taking them down. My family wouldn't let me forget when I left them up all year.

sydneyswaggon
11/15/17 4:44 am

I’m absolutely loving it 🤗

CrazDab Florida
11/15/17 3:54 am

Christmas comes fast. I wouldn't want to decorate and then in 12 days have to take it down. Let it stay up for awhile. There's a correlation, the later a person decorates, the longer the decorations stay. I decorate early, and have it put up early. Someone who decorates 7 days until Christmas, will keep their decorations up until February. So decorate early in November and have it packed away by Jan 1st of the new year 👍😎

SuperAgain They lie, Get Over It
11/14/17 10:19 pm

Put the lights up in the fall (while the weather is still good). ...light ‘em up after Thanksgiving.

lcamino Florida and Georgia
11/14/17 10:13 pm

I’m not ready to start thinking about Christmas until after Thanksgiving.

EarlyBird Portland
11/14/17 9:35 pm

I don’t mind seeing early Christmas decorations but I “do not” want to hear Christmas music until two weeks before Christmas. Two weeks of Christmas music is more than enough.

Praetorianus Fair enough.
11/14/17 9:24 pm

Much too early.
I'm fine with the first advent Sunday around the beginning of December but seems the Thanksgiving turkey may be decorated with a Santa hat.
No, 'tis not the season yet.

SHIPPY1944 Tn.
11/14/17 9:19 pm

I would like to enjoy the Thanksgiving holiday with our family, before it’s ran over & tampled by the early🎅🏼Christmas rush before🦃Thanksgiving has even come & gone❗️

Izzynius Independent
11/14/17 9:15 pm

Wait after Thanksgiving at least.

presrvd Phoenix
11/14/17 9:00 pm

Don't get me wrong, a saguaro completely lit up with Christmas lights always brings a smile to my face, but yes, it's a tad early...

gluxford1 Arizona
11/14/17 9:10 pm

Have they started decorating down where you're at to?

presrvd Phoenix
11/14/17 9:11 pm

I haven't seen decorations go up quite yet, but the neighborhood is stirring, and folks are discussing it...

chickencookie Let there be peace
11/14/17 8:58 pm

Last week a nativity was spotted including the baby Jesus in my neighborhood. I like after Thanksgiving. Some people here leave the lights on their house all year to avoid the extra work.

jarod California
11/14/17 8:58 pm

I mean, it is early. But, I can understand why people want to do it now. Maybe they're busy after Thanksgiving or something. At least they're not the people who leave their lights up year round Lol

gluxford1 Arizona
11/14/17 8:56 pm

Far too early! It seems like people are getting a worse with their holiday ADD every year. Can't we just get through Thanksgiving first? One holiday at a time, America!