Show Of Hands November 14th, 2017 8:48pm

On the whole, is the United States better today than on the day you were born?

Kneske College Station, TX
11/24/17 8:32 am

All good things have come from the private market innovating to bigger and better things. Anyone who disagrees with that is a fool. Society, though, has become shaky

deselect
11/22/17 1:27 pm

There were no PC when I was born. Although the Democrats were proud of their racism, they were better at hiding it instead of blames Republicans for what they believe.

DonWichita Kansas
11/18/17 5:20 pm

Not only moch better, but much better too.

Cindy97 Minnesota
11/18/17 10:19 am

I was born in 1997. Bill Clinton was our president, so I think we’re worse politically, and music wise as well, but the technology is obviously better and now gay marriage is legalized... I’m not sure xD I guess it’s overall better?

Obvious101 MO
11/16/17 9:41 am

Born in 1940’s. Much better for all, except maybe the very rich, & I think no worse for them. Once you’re making $20,000 a day more matters little. Much better for women & all minorities. Equal rights is good thing & we’ve come a long way since1940.

PinkLabrador
11/15/17 8:50 pm

It’s gone down hill significantly.

IrishAlzheimers oakland, ca
11/15/17 6:30 pm

Technology is better. Quality of life is worse

Cuccimane
11/19/17 8:04 pm

That's just objectively untrue.

IrishAlzheimers oakland, ca
11/19/17 8:08 pm

I wouldn’t say it’s a matter of objectivity. Quality of life is subjective

goof02 Virginia
11/15/17 1:59 pm

I was born May 29, 2002. It’s had ups and downs, but at the present moment I think we’re worse off.

goof02 Virginia
11/15/17 2:01 pm

Politically we are much worse off. Obama was the best president we’ve had during my lifetime, unquestionably, I mean he only has Bush and Trump to compete with

outlaw393 01134
11/15/17 1:47 pm

Gone downhill massively since 1984

otisfuzz Georgia
11/15/17 1:46 pm

Crime is at all time lows, we are more accepting to people than ever. Economy is strong.

People seem to think we were never divided before now. As if there were no riots or protests in every decade.

12772
11/15/17 12:46 pm

I was born January 1st 2001 it’s just has gone downhill since then

ladyniner81 no hope for humanity
11/15/17 12:35 pm

Better than the early 60s? I have never seen this country so politically divided in my life. Trumptards bring up the Clintons constantly. It's Obama's fault my chicken is deformed, it's the Democrats fault steak is so expensive. Democrats say calling weird people, black sheep is racist, Melinia Trump is a slut for posing nude, various names for Trump (some ARE creative I must admit)

But in the 70s you could find a halfway decent job with just a high school diploma. Now you're lucky if you work at McDonald's

ladyniner81 no hope for humanity
11/15/17 12:37 pm

I'm joking about the black sheep comment. Seems like some people get stupid each day with that stuff. I know what is and what isn't. But some is just stupid

jakecrs905 Long Island, NY
11/15/17 9:53 am

I don't know how to respond to this question.

AndrewT25 The Colony
11/15/17 7:20 am

Being as I was born a week after 9/11 it's a little better.

Amaranth Iowa
11/15/17 5:46 am

No, I was born in 1998, not 1958.

laxgoalie Cleveland
11/14/17 9:18 pm

Ya I️ was born a week before 9/11

Maynard Londor
11/14/17 8:10 pm

No. Kurt, Chris, Layne, Scott, and Andrew are dead now. Only one grunge hero remains.

Maynard Londor
11/15/17 1:11 pm

Eddie is the Jim Morrison of our time. I will continue to say this to my death bed.

Macmurphy38 Alabama
11/14/17 7:55 pm

Alot better than April of 1980, for sure.

PaperMatic1
11/14/17 6:56 pm

Way worse

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
11/14/17 6:46 pm

No. I think it was probably better on October 5, 1951.

NotQuiteWhite Earth
11/14/17 7:24 pm

Better how? The economy, sure. But the 50's sucked for anyone that was black, Hispanic, Asian, gay, female, et al.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
11/14/17 9:21 pm

All the black kids in my classrooms in public school in SE Washington DC seemed just as happy and healthy as I. That’s all I know...

Chante97 Detroit
11/14/17 6:16 pm

I imagine 1997 was a pretty rad time

NotQuiteWhite Earth
11/14/17 7:24 pm

Yes, yes it was

phalnx Ohio
11/14/17 6:08 pm

1974...I'd say it's gotten worse, economically-speaking. These days, a hard-working man can't expect to get a good job he can raise a family on even with a college education, much less a HS diploma. My dad did.

SHIPPY1944 Tn.
11/14/17 6:02 pm

2017Economically yes, Morally No, 1944/2017 both deep finically in debt.

SHIPPY1944 Tn.
11/14/17 6:19 pm

2017 because of arrogance & the stupidity of overspending.
1944 WWll, we needed Gods deliverance over Germany & Japan, plus the funds to defeat them.

phalnx Ohio
11/15/17 7:03 am

That wasn't God...that was my granddad and millions more like him.

SHIPPY1944 Tn.
11/15/17 11:22 am

Pha, Thanks to your grandfather & the millions like him, for their service, but unlike you, I’m still thankful God to for deliverance❗️Many of them will tell you the same thing‼️ Ever see Hacksaw Ridge❓

phalnx Ohio
11/15/17 9:09 pm

No, but it looks interesting...I've never heard of that guy. Kind of reminds me of when Muhammad Ali objected to the draft on religious grounds and was ostracized for it.

SHIPPY1944 Tn.
11/15/17 9:19 pm

I don’t see the correlation between the two, other than one choose to serve, but not kill. The other chose to not kill, but not to serve. Seems more like comparing 🍎’s&🍊’s

cjrocks9102 New York
11/14/17 5:59 pm

I’d say 1999>2017. I just wished I was old enough to really experience the 90s. From what I’m told it was mostly kickass.

jenkp223 Being a mommy
11/14/17 6:22 pm

It was pretty good for most people.

Spiritof76 USA 1776
11/14/17 6:36 pm

I feel sorry for people that never got to experience life before 9/11. The best years, 1983-2001.

jenkp223 Being a mommy
11/14/17 6:55 pm

That’s because I was born in ‘83 😜

UniversePlan Michigan
11/14/17 5:47 pm

This user is currently being ignored

rambo088 kansas
11/14/17 5:45 pm

A good time for milsurps but that's About it

MericaTakesAll For God and Country
11/14/17 5:05 pm

To everyone who said "no", don't worry! Trump is making America great again! 💪🇺🇸

Haleakala Tradewinds
11/14/17 5:39 pm

#1 reason I voted no! Make America great again? Doesn't have a prayer. How could a bigot, liar, racist, xenophobe, misogynist and homophobe ever do that?

rambo088 kansas
11/14/17 5:44 pm

Nice buzzwords but you can't prove any of them.

Haleakala Tradewinds
11/14/17 5:57 pm

Don't need to, everything is nicely captured and enshrined on video. Deny, deflect, deny deflect all you want!

nacho
11/14/17 6:09 pm

The big difference.is Trump. supporters acknowledge. that the Emperor has no clothes. We can agree on policy not hero worship.

Any deviation from the Messiah's narrative and blind loyalty was strictly verboten lest you be labeled a racist.

No need to deflect deny anything about Trump, it's all in the open, he is the most transparently flawed candidate in history. No need to wipe emails or smash servers. No need to fix the primary.

Trumo is far better than the last President and the alternative theat election and lefties have your sycophant behavior and undying allegiance to party dogma and blind obedience to the Messiah to blame for Trump.

It is delicious irony that never fails to amuse me.

Haleakala Tradewinds
11/14/17 6:23 pm

Yeah! Keep on drinkin' that Kool Aid and remaining delusional...

nacho
11/14/17 10:13 pm

Exactly what am I delusional about?
There is no Kool aid left after the last 8 years of massive sugar coated Kool Aid chugged by lefties.

The Kool Aid lefties needed to wash down the "religion of peace", "workplace violence" "you didn't build that" "you can keep your dr and save $2500", "you have to pass it to find out what's in it", "overseas contingency plans" "video caused violence" and of course Bergjdahl serving with" honor and distinction".

We don't deflect and deny and we certainly don't debate what the meaning of the word is is.

You should be proud - your efforts paid off handsomely.

Obama + Clinton + Pelosi =TRUMP.

That little tidbit never gets old. The left was defeated by a widely acknowledged racist,sexist bigot because the American people could absolutely not stand for any more lefty policy.
Lefty policy is worse than electing a racist bigot - fantastic work lefties. Keep those policoes coming.

StevePreston New Jersey
11/15/17 2:15 pm

Bigot, maybe. Liar, probably. Everything else is a no.

MericaTakesAll For God and Country
11/15/17 2:27 pm

You liberals don't even know what those words mean. The worst part is that you think your side is the "evil" side, then you become exactly what you hate.

Haleakala Tradewinds
11/15/17 5:00 pm

...interesting response, I guess??? Anyway, I'm always astounded how you people constantly deny and deflect the obvious cold hard truth. I think it's because of your total embarrassment that you were suckered in by such a pathetic loser...you just can't bring even yourself to admit it. By the way, anyone who hasn't been under a rock knows exactly what every one of these words mean. Why? It's forever captured and enshrined on videos. You just can't make this garbage up now can you? When do you plan to get in touch with reality?

nacho
11/15/17 5:37 pm

How is denying reality when I say he is uncouth,vulgar, reactionary, narrcissitic and verbose but I still agree with his policies?

You don't have to be a sycophant to support policy.
I know politics is incredibly personal for lefties and that's why you oractkse identity politics and seperate by ethnicity, race, sex, religion and any other way possible - politics is your identity.

You could not even mention a hair out of place on Obama's head without being called a racist and no deviation from the narrative was permitted. That's how we ended up with Trump and I thank you for your insanity and please continue and riot, protest and chant impeachment as loud as you can because just as your hero worship for Obama created Trump's first term your incomprehensible hissy fits will give him a second term.
Thank you.

Haleakala Tradewinds
11/15/17 5:41 pm

In your wildest dreams only! Your party is just about over so enjoy while you can!

MericaTakesAll For God and Country
11/15/17 5:49 pm

Typo - You think *our* side is the evil side.

At which point you liberals stoop down and act just like the people you accuse us of being. (racist, biggots, etc.)

Haleakala Tradewinds
11/15/17 5:56 pm

Now you're showing us all that YOU don't know the meaning of these descriptions that fit your so-called president to a tee. You should refresh your memory and watch all the debates and campaigning again. Be sure to watch all the other videos of his childish and immature behavior before he decided to run. Where were you? Under a rock apparently!

MericaTakesAll For God and Country
11/15/17 6:02 pm

Why don't you quit beating around the bush and show me proof that he is a racist, for starters? The only racist biggots I see are on TV - black lives matter, antifa, and the liberals complaining on this app that white people are the cause to all of their problems.

Haleakala Tradewinds
11/15/17 6:07 pm

Your "toddler-in-chief" thinks he had a "tremendous" visit to Asia. Hah! All he did was show that part of the world how ignorant and unintelligent he is, firsthand. He doesn't even realize how much of a fool he was made to be by each country he visited. Worst part, all he accomplished was the release of 3 basketball players. He came home empty handed diplomatically and economically. Pathetic loser!

Haleakala Tradewinds
11/15/17 6:13 pm

There you go denying and deflecting! Head on over to You Tube and see for yourself. Oh and its "bigots."

nacho
11/15/17 6:28 pm

I forgot how many prisoners or hostages did Obama get released in 8 years due to his inspirational diplomacy?

I belive the score is one deserter for 5 terrorists, $1.3 billion to Iran who coincidentally released the hostages at the same time.

Under Obama hostages were taken,a decorated US solider languished in a Tijuana prison for year and Otto sustained fatal brain damage from a North Korea prison

Trump got a family freed from the from the Taliban, got a female US citizen released from Egypt and got these three morons out of China all in one year.

You want to talk about grace and couth - Obama wins - talk about doing what is best for Americans and use of significant foreign power to benefit citizens abroad - Trump wins in a landslide.
Obama was manipulated like a puppet by playing to his ego by everyone on the word stage - there were zero foriegn policy accomplishments.

I will take the results oriented leader instead of the Prom King any day.

Haleakala Tradewinds
11/15/17 6:50 pm

Would certainly make sense if there were any results to speak of. Hasn't delivered on any campaign promises yet, can't reverse ACA and is about to get a tax bill shoved in his face as another stinging defeat and debacle. You're supposed to get things done when your party has the majority, right? Slip slidin' away!

nacho
11/15/17 6:50 pm

It must really stick in your craw that people Iike you created Trump.
Look in the mirror if you want to see why Trump was elected.

That must be so excruciatingly demoralizing - why get out of bed in the morning - everything you abhor you created - no wonder you are suffering from TDS.

Haleakala Tradewinds
11/15/17 7:05 pm

Deny, deny, deny! How do you look in the mirror and ask yourself how you could have been so stupid to be suckered by a snake oil salesman/con artist? No, you know what really happened and you won't admit it. Your little puppet is Putin's toy and he laughed all the way to America's polls. On top of that, your party knows they can't win fairly, so they gerrymander, close the polls early, tell voters they've come to the wrong precinct. THAT'S what created your moronic president and you know it!

MericaTakesAll For God and Country
11/15/17 7:08 pm

Haha mauilover, isn't it great that every single morning when you and I wake up, it all starts with Trump being OUR president! I mean, 7 more years of this! 💪🇺🇸

MericaTakesAll For God and Country
11/15/17 7:10 pm

Speaking of which, I'll be in maui this week, I'll be sure to bring my "Make America Great Again" hat!

Haleakala Tradewinds
11/15/17 7:12 pm

Can't you see what's about to happen? The GOP has run out of patience with the loser; thought he could help ramrod their sick agenda through. Nope, not workin', nothing getting done! About to send him packing, never to be heard from again!

MericaTakesAll For God and Country
11/15/17 7:16 pm

Aww did you think we care about the GOP agenda? Nope. Trump represents our agenda. Drain the swamp.

nacho
11/15/17 7:18 pm

Nice try.
Like you say - deny deflect and fail to recognize reality.
Obama and his followers created Trump and his actions you hate are simply undoing Obamas illegal and authroatarian actions on DACA and insurance reimbursement. If Obama had the support of the people he would have went to Congress for them and the Iran deal and Paris Accord - he did it not so he did not.

If Obama's policies were so great the election would not have been even close.
The excuses between gerrymandering, voter suppression, intimidation, Russia etc are getting old and trite - you never lose an election - they are all stolen but every election you won - you won fair and square.

Ridiculous childish lefty gibberish.

clmcd42 Texas
11/14/17 4:45 pm

Cell phones are ubiquitous. Violent crime is down. Moore's law is still clinging to life, so we have the greatest technology ever right now.

I can't really think of anything (that I care about) that's gotten worse since I was born.

Spiritof76 USA 1776
11/14/17 4:38 pm

Some things, yes. Some things, no. I was born in the '70's , which were an economic nightmare other than the debt ratio, but it seemed the '70's were much freer socially speaking than today.

Dufur30 Oregonian
11/14/17 4:17 pm

It’s always getting better. But we also have more people with population growth, so we are falling behind. especially compared to other countries. We are not a high functioning country that works together. There are people in power that try to push people down to have more leverage, to be able to buy properties for cheaper, and people who make regular citizens pay for large programs like the military while also writing loopholes so they don’t have to pay for it. When there is so much inequality, middle class people become relative poor in purchasing power, and don’t have the resources to upgrade their houses to create value or become efficient. So many got rich because of the 2008 collapse, and if establishment republicans could press a button and crash the housing market, they would. It’s an orchestrated transfer of wealth.

TrippyCornflake New Jersey
11/14/17 3:53 pm

Born in July 2001, 2 months before America changed

Louderthebetter
11/14/17 3:52 pm

I believe my gen was the last great gen.
Gen X’ers unite!!🤞🏼

SauceBoss nj
11/14/17 4:14 pm

I hope this is a joke

Louderthebetter
11/14/17 9:58 pm

Nope, not one bit.
1965-1976.

GeneralDevin MN
11/14/17 3:28 pm

It's way worse now. I was born in 1995.

Spiritof76 USA 1776
11/14/17 4:39 pm

I agree, the '90's were the last great decade!!!

12772
11/14/17 3:01 pm

I was born in a bad year it’s just gotten progressively worse as The years go by

PepsiGuy Gave up Pepsi for Lent
11/14/17 3:01 pm

Nah, the 90’s were amazing!

PepsiGuy Gave up Pepsi for Lent
11/14/17 6:25 pm

But I was only 6 when they ended. They were great, light?

swervin Maryland
11/14/17 2:58 pm

Not a chance. There is more racial divide than ever before.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/14/17 3:52 pm

I was born in the early 60’s and can tell you that’s not true, swervin.

swervin Maryland
11/14/17 4:06 pm

Well, I was born in the 80's and I think it is true. Just because you were born during the time that people were being fire hosed while trying to go to school doesn't mean that it didn't get better and get worse again.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/14/17 4:09 pm

You said there is more racial divide than has EVER been before. I beg to differ. It’s not worse than the Civil Rights Era and it’s DEFINITELY not worse than the days of slavery! It’s not even worse than the times of Rodney King.

...

BasedBlur Texas
11/14/17 4:31 pm

Idiotic statement. Need I remind you of slavery? Jim Crow? Segregation?

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/14/17 4:33 pm

Swervin, did you mean to say that it’s the worst that it’s been in YOUR lifetime?

...

swervin Maryland
11/14/17 5:35 pm

Wasn't that what the question asked?

swervin Maryland
11/14/17 5:38 pm

The question literally asks better or worse than the day you were born. My statement was in regards to that.

swervin Maryland
11/14/17 5:46 pm

I like how these comments are trashing me but either didn't read the question or didn't understand it.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/14/17 5:52 pm

Personally, I thought you might have misread the question, swervin, since it was about your lifetime, and you used the word EVER.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/14/17 5:55 pm

This is yet ANOTHER time that my not being able to see the question in the comment section is a HASSLE! @caleb

I forgot to post it, so I can’t even remember whose poll it was, to be able to look up the question!

...

abusara i drink and i know things
11/14/17 2:55 pm

Compared to 1967? Yes.

Gunfighter06 Iowa, since 1846
11/14/17 2:54 pm

That's hard to say for me as a 90s child. I was born in '95, so I'm sure we've improved in many areas but worsened in many other areas.

This question is much bigger than the acute political climate. Think it through a little more before you comment.

pof over my moms knee
11/14/17 2:49 pm

Yes, because the rapist Bill Clinton isn't president.

Gunfighter06 Iowa, since 1846
11/14/17 2:52 pm

You beat me to it.

abusara i drink and i know things
11/14/17 2:55 pm

Grab em by the pussy!

NotQuiteWhite Earth
11/14/17 7:29 pm

Getting a blow job from an intern does not make you a rapist. Saying you like to grab women by the pussy without asking, however, is something an actual rapist would say.

pof over my moms knee
11/14/17 8:03 pm

Much more than Lewinsky. Google!!

LazySteelworker USA
11/15/17 1:48 am

I Googled "Bill Clinton rape victims" apparently he's as guilty as Roy Moore. 😁👍

rons screw politicians
11/14/17 2:44 pm

WW2was raging. But I’m not happy with today.

dylkohl The Media Lies
11/14/17 2:44 pm

i was born before 9/11 in 2001

mitchman399 Oregon
11/14/17 3:02 pm

Man, pre 9/11 America was great..

dylkohl The Media Lies
11/14/17 3:49 pm

i had a whole 3 months of pre 9/11 america to experience as an infant lmao

dylkohl The Media Lies
11/14/17 3:56 pm

ahhh i’ve got ya by a month lol

timeout Boston Strong
11/14/17 2:24 pm

Yes, I was born in 1943. I don’t have to tell you how much has changed since then.

SlapHappy 5th Generation TX born
11/14/17 2:16 pm

As a working mom of two WAAAAY better. Work life balance for my mom didn't exist.

Karlson My dad
11/15/17 4:46 pm

You have now been reported

ccc1 Georgia
11/15/17 11:23 pm

And I reported you for reporting on a comment for no reason.

moonshot More often I know nothing
11/14/17 2:15 pm

In most relevant areas the only answer is Yes. I was born in 1961. Racial discrimination was systemic, poverty was widespread, women were not empowered, lifespans were shorter, and the various crime rates were higher.

moonshot More often I know nothing
11/14/17 2:17 pm

It's human nature to idealize the past and fear the unknown future.