ParaguasPato November 14th, 2017 1:20am

If a 30 year old man dates 14 year old girls, does that make him a pedophile?

Blokester0 Maryland
11/19/17 2:29 pm

YES. I shouldn't even have to explain myself lol

RussianThunder Russia and USA
11/14/17 11:28 am

It’s gross but what is or was the age of consent in AL in 1979? Even if legal, it’s still gross

RussianThunder Russia and USA
11/14/17 11:51 am

That’s still too young. Ugh

ParaguasPato Columbus GA
11/14/17 11:56 am

I agree. I grew up in New York where the age is 18. I think that’s how it should be across the country.

b4mytime Orange County, CA
11/14/17 7:02 am

Many people don’t seem to know what “pedophile” actually means.

Malekithe Hades
11/14/17 4:51 am

Not by definition but it is still very wrong.
"Pedophilia or paedophilia is a psychiatric disorder in which an adult or older adolescent experiences a primary or exclusive sexual attraction to prepubescent children Although girls typically begin the process of puberty at age 10 or 11, and boys at age 11 or 12, criteria for pedophilia extend the cut-off point for prepubescence to age 13. A person who is diagnosed with pedophilia must be at least 16 years old, and at least five years older than the prepubescent child, for the attraction to be diagnosed as pedophilia."

ParaguasPato Columbus GA
11/14/17 11:39 am

You know your stuff! Thanks for clearing that up 😊

theNobamist Silicon Valley
11/14/17 2:03 am

What if it's ok by sharia law? 👹

ParaguasPato Columbus GA
11/14/17 11:36 am

“Dating” isn’t allowed by shariah law. Marriage is the only way relationships between a guy and girl are okay. In Islam, a child becomes an adult at 13 years, just like Christianity and Judaism. So if you mean marriage instead of dating, then yes, shariah law allows it. So does Levitical law.

Alcerus fascist
11/14/17 1:03 am

It depends if you have EVIDENCE

susanr Colorado
11/13/17 11:22 pm

I don't think so, technically. I believe pedophilia is defined (for a person of legal age), in psychological terms, as a sexual interest in *prepubescent* individuals. There's a term for sexual interest in pubescent but underage individuals - hebephilia. I think there's some overlap in the ages each is considered to pertain to, though. (Something like 13 & under for pedophilia; 11-14 for hebephilia.) And the older person needs to be a legal adult.

And I don't know if either term carries any legal clout, or if laws go strictly by age.

All of which, of course, doesn't make sexual advances or sexual relationships between an adult and a 14-year-old OK in any way; it's just a matter of terminology.

Zfilakas Eleftheria i Thanatos
11/13/17 11:18 pm

Conservatives trying to defend this is just so fucking sad.

Nazis, pedos, and dumbasses all running the show. America sure is Great Again....

Qwesticles North Carolina
11/14/17 6:38 am

I don’t know what conservatives are trying to defend it? If you look at the votes Democrats and Republicans have a very similar vote. Please don’t just assume this, I’m a conservative and think this is disgusting.

Zfilakas Eleftheria i Thanatos
11/14/17 12:09 pm

I apologize for generalizing. However, most of my experiences with the people who identify as conservative on this app are pretty toxic.

Qwesticles North Carolina
11/14/17 12:12 pm

It’s fine I understand. Some conservatives can be radical but ive seen my fair of liberals that can radical as well.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
11/13/17 10:42 pm

No, it makes him immature and a case of arrested development.

BlackC
11/13/17 8:56 pm

Obviously you have zero understanding of pedophilia laws -

ParaguasPato Columbus GA
11/13/17 10:47 pm

I mean, I’m not a lawyer. Could you explain where I was wrong? (And is that directed toward me?)

BlackC
11/20/17 9:42 pm

If you live in America that Sharia law is nothing but dangerous 12 th century bullshit and of no relevance under American law. If you like it , return to your sand dune.

ParaguasPato Columbus GA
11/20/17 11:08 pm

I think that was meant for someone else.

lostriver Oregon
11/13/17 8:43 pm

I would say so, yes. Something is wrong with a person that wants to be involved with a 14 yr. old girl. When a man is 30. Cant he find a lady that’s near his age? I dated a 14 year old girl when I was 19. I honestly thought she was 16. When she told me that she was going to have her 15th birthday party, I was shocked. Her parents allowed us to date. I broke it off because we were going a little to far to fast.

Carcano Luke 10 19
11/13/17 7:26 pm

Pedophiles are attracted to pre-pubescent children. A 14 year old is experiencing puberty.

TrueLiberalism Constitutionalist
11/13/17 7:10 pm

Legally, yes.

But if we're talking Victorian era (and before) Europe, then no.

gow488 Wisconsin
11/13/17 6:35 pm

No. A pedophile is someone who is sexually attracted to a child. A teenager isn't a child.

DaDough810
11/13/17 7:21 pm

If you're above the age of 20 and your with someone under 18, you have issues.

ParaguasPato Columbus GA
11/13/17 6:24 pm

💠 Poll Question:
If a 30 year old man dates 14 year old girls, does that make him a pedophile?