abusara i drink and i know things
11/14/17 6:53 am

Yes, as is the butt hurt the concept creates for snowflakes everywhere.

STONEYTJONES Indiana
11/14/17 4:44 am

No. The term is used as an excuse to be a perpetual victim and blame everyone else for your problems.

evoecon nearest binary system
11/13/17 8:11 pm

Of course. "Privilege" exists in all cultures and societies. It is a very shallow explanation of racism, though.

Malekithe Lets go Rangers
11/13/17 6:32 pm

Not significantly

Hogoke Constitution
11/13/17 6:07 pm

No, in America today everyone has equal opportunities. Other than affirmative action, which is racist in itself. Everyone is getting paid the same for the same work. Unless you work at buzzfeed because males are paid less than women for the same work there.

11/13/17 6:43 pm

You're factually wrong. The idea of "everyone has equal opportunities now" is a comforting lie.

Domino3 Abolish the ATF
11/13/17 8:05 pm

No it’s not, anyone can do anything they want.

11/13/17 8:08 pm

...except economic mobility is at all time lows

Domino3 Abolish the ATF
11/13/17 8:10 pm

Does that make it unequal....?

Domino3 Abolish the ATF
11/13/17 8:10 pm

And that seems strange because I thought the obama economy was supposed to be great.

11/13/17 8:10 pm

It means if you're poor it doesnt matter how hard or well you work, you're staying that way.

11/13/17 8:11 pm

You're mistaken. The obama economy is supposed to be better than 2008

Domino3 Abolish the ATF
11/13/17 8:25 pm

How is it better than 2008 if mobility is at an all time low

11/13/17 8:26 pm

Better overall, but less people benefit.

Domino3 Abolish the ATF
11/13/17 8:29 pm

Sounds like they should get out and harder

11/13/17 8:31 pm

Thats the entire thing though, it doesnt matter how hard they work. Worker productivity is at an all time high, but average wages haven't changed since the 80s when adjusted for inflation. Meanwhile, ceo salaries have gone up by close to 200%.

Domino3 Abolish the ATF
11/13/17 8:52 pm

I’ve done it just fine. Pay my own rent, bought my own vehicle, worked all through college and I’ll graduate in may zero debt.

Hogoke Constitution
11/13/17 9:28 pm

It is an incorrect statement I agree. Let me correct it. In the us, people do not have different opportunities based on race, sex, or sexual orientation.

Hogoke Constitution
11/13/17 9:43 pm

I'd also like to say, the poor don't stay poor. The people who aren't ambitious, who don't have goals will not succeed. Those who choose a better life for themselves will gain a better life for themselves.

This is what is great about a free market system, anyone can change their status if they work hard and make goals for themselves. If you don't make goals then you will fail, and some people need to fail in order to succeed, those who give up shouldn't be saved by those who work hard.

Final thing, the market was terrible once Obama ended his presidency. It was terrible, and now it's booming. Our national debt is finally decreasing not thanks to past presidents who spend and spend and spend.

11/13/17 9:48 pm

Except this free market system increasingly concentrates wealth into the hands of the few regardless of the efforts of others. The way things are now and are trending, the poor DO stay poor, no matter what.

11/13/17 9:49 pm

Again, I dont think you fully grasp how bad income inequality is in this country. So some research, if you aren't mad you don't know enough.

11/13/17 9:50 pm

Furthermore, the national debt absolutely is not decreasing, and if trump shoves his taxes through the national debt will go up 10 trillion in one term while increasing taxes on the middle class.

Alcerus fascist
11/14/17 1:06 am

@RagingMystic

You're wrong about poor people being incapable of success. I think there's plenty of examples that I don't need to direct you to one

Hogoke Constitution
11/14/17 8:37 am

@Raging

As stated in our other argument, you used statistics from this source: www.businessinsider.com/gender-wage-pay-gap-charts-2017-3/#college-majors-with-the-highest-median-earnings-tend-to-have-a-lower-concentration-of-women-5

It shows that women choose lower paying jobs than men and that lower wages are not due to sexism against women.

Also the largest contributor for the national debt is Medicare/ Medicare which trump is trying to decrease.

owenperkins1999 NC
11/13/17 5:53 pm

Yes. White privilege, black privilege, Asian privilege, male privilege, female privilege, Christian privilege, Muslim privilege, upper class privilege, under class privilege, etc., etc.. Society is filled with privileges. Every group has them.

11/13/17 5:19 pm

Its a mathematically proven phenomenon.

AmericanFactor NC
11/13/17 5:27 pm

Would you like to come on our show and discuss this topic ?

pcisbs1 Baltimore to Central PA
11/13/17 6:34 pm

How so Raging, I can’t wait to hear this....

11/13/17 6:42 pm

Easy. White people have half the poverty rate, 5 years extra life span, more likely to be hired for a given position, less likely to be a victim of evidence tampering, white kids are 17x less likely to be tried as adults, white people do drugs more but are convicted less, half as likely to be shot by police, have never been victims of redlining, etc.

pcisbs1 Baltimore to Central PA
11/13/17 6:43 pm

White people have half the poverty rate...why is that?

pcisbs1 Baltimore to Central PA
11/13/17 6:44 pm

5 extra years of life span, why is that ?

pcisbs1 Baltimore to Central PA
11/13/17 6:45 pm

Less like to be a victims of evidence tampering? What source did you get this from? How was this gem proven?

11/13/17 6:45 pm

Pcbis, I hate to be the one to bring you this news, but your zip code is a better indicator of your lifespan than your genes.

pcisbs1 Baltimore to Central PA
11/13/17 6:46 pm

White kids and that 17% explain that please, how is that?

pcisbs1 Baltimore to Central PA
11/13/17 6:47 pm

FBI stats state the more whites are shot by cops? Where did you get your stat, Slate?

11/13/17 6:49 pm

More white people get shot by cops, but there are a lot more white people. Black people are more than double represented among police killings, while white people are underrepresented

11/13/17 6:50 pm

And the poverty cycle and lack of economic mobility

pcisbs1 Baltimore to Central PA
11/13/17 6:51 pm

These stats are based off of Camden, NJ. Which is 98% black.

pcisbs1 Baltimore to Central PA
11/13/17 6:52 pm

Lack of economic mobility? How’s that?

11/13/17 6:56 pm

Again, only like 30% of people shot by police are black, but black people only make up 12% of the population. The difference is the problem.

11/13/17 6:56 pm

And pcbis, poverty cycle and distribution of wealth.

11/13/17 7:01 pm

And in regards to the statistics, those are the numbers from the entire state of new jersey.

voc I am...what I am
11/13/17 8:54 pm

Whites equate 65% of the population, blacks 13%. When you factor in population numbers, then blacks are killed by police at a rate of 7 times that of whites. Native Americans also have a rate of being killed 7 times more than whites. Population numbers must be accounted for when discussing this.

omniku dot com
11/13/17 5:12 pm

Yes and denying it is part of the privilege.

AmericanFactor NC
11/13/17 5:26 pm

Would you like to come on our show and discuss this topic ?

voc I am...what I am
11/13/17 5:28 pm

Will I get paid? Is there free food? Strippers? Blow? Booze?

AmericanFactor NC
11/13/17 5:30 pm

😂😂no. You just get to discuss a topic

voc I am...what I am
11/13/17 5:32 pm

What channel is it on? Can I tell my mom to dvr it? Is there a studio audience? Do you have a hot co host?

AmericanFactor NC
11/13/17 5:34 pm

Instagram live show that is uploaded to YouTube

voc I am...what I am
11/13/17 5:36 pm

What’s the You tube account? I’ll need user name and password.

Ebola1 Florida
11/13/17 5:45 pm

🤣😂

AmericanFactor NC
11/13/17 5:55 pm

Would you like to come on our show and discuss this topic ?

voc I am...what I am
11/13/17 5:56 pm

Seriously. What’s your you tube channel?

Hogoke Constitution
11/13/17 6:04 pm

What if I deny it and I'm Mexican, does that mean I have white privilege since I deny it?

voc I am...what I am
11/13/17 6:13 pm

Don’t interrupt my interview.

Malekithe Lets go Rangers
11/13/17 6:34 pm

"Yes and denying it is part of the privilege."
Idiotic statement

voc I am...what I am
11/13/17 6:39 pm

Stop interrupting!! I’m in an interview!!

Ebola1 Florida
11/13/17 7:02 pm

Idiotic indeed

voc I am...what I am
11/13/17 8:48 pm

Specknews, I’m done screwing around. I’ll be good. What’s your YouTube channel? I would consider going on, but I’d have to check you out first.

omniku dot com
11/14/17 12:16 pm

It’s not an idiotic statement… it’s the truth. And I’ll back it up with evidence. Few people would deny that white male privilege existed for most of US history; the real question is does it still exist? Examples of past white male privilege include the privilege of not being a slave, the privilege of not being a victim of genocide, the privilege of holding land, the privilege of being able to vote, the privilege of not being lynched, etc. Now of course we have made progress on all of this which is great. But that’s why the current strain of white male privilege is so pernicious. It’s extremely subtle; it blends in with the landscape so if you grow up within it and you’re not a victim of it, there’s a good chance you won’t recognize it. E.g. during the pre-suffrage Jim Crow era, white male privilege was much more clear-cut whereas now it’s it’s more fuzzy.

omniku dot com
11/14/17 12:16 pm

Here are just a few examples. I’m going to use black and white people for these examples, but obviously there are more races and this applies to everyone to varying degrees… Studies have found that whites use drugs at about the same rate as blacks (if not more), but blacks are arrested for drugs at a higher rate than whites: ti.me/2z0mcoa /// wapo.st/2AJssxy So simply having a better chance of not getting arrested for a common activity is a privilege. Studies have found that job applicants with traditionally black names are 15 times (!!!) less likely to get a call back: bit.ly/2zKtxFy . A person gets their name and their skin color from their parents, but their opportunities to have a good career (and therefore life) are strongly affected. The 15 to 1 increased chance at employment is another white privilege.

omniku dot com
11/14/17 12:16 pm

Or how about something as simple as not getting sick from having pig urine and feces sprayed over your community by your local hog farm? bit.ly/2mp3PDy The bottom line is, contemporary white male privilege is less about what you get than about the obstacles you DON’T have to deal with. So it’s not surprising so many whites deny the privilege exists. In many ways it’s a subtle, “silent” privilege.