tractorman November 13th, 2017 9:26pm

Do you honestly think there are American citizens who cannot take care of themselves and need our assistance to help care for them?

RussianThunder Russia and USA
11/14/17 11:34 am

Of course there are. What kind of question is this?!?

Ebola1 Florida
11/14/17 8:26 am

Of course. Who would deny that?

historylover Navy Seawolves
11/13/17 4:42 pm

There are some. Quite a few people have mental and physical disabilities. Of course, there are fakers as well. Children don't get to choose their parents.

Zinkshadow1 Tallahassee
11/13/17 4:22 pm

Do I think there are Americans that can't take care of themselves? Yes.
Do they need our assistance? No.

Alcerus fascist
11/14/17 1:14 am

I understand what he's trying to say, as crass as it sounds. What was meant was:

We the people do not have a financial obligation to help those in need. If there are those who need help, they can get it from their own families so that our tax money doesn't go to fakers. For those without family, there are plenty of charities that can be of assistance, such as Meals On Wheels.

Zinkshadow1 Tallahassee
11/14/17 5:59 am

Very well worded, Alcerus. Thank you. ^

tractorman Oklahoma
11/14/17 12:29 pm

Do either of you have a family? Are we not a community in our cities and towns and do we not help each other? Do we not have an American family?
Your stipulation that charities and families will help feed and clothe all kids, disabled and mentally and physically challenged is simply impossible. We must as a country help those in real need, especially the children. Are either of you Christians?

Alcerus fascist
11/14/17 2:46 pm

It's MY money. If I want to help someone with MY money, I will go to the store and buy food, water and clothing for them with MY money. If I'm financially unable to help people, or if my care is low, I shouldn't be forced to give away a chunk of my pay to an organization that will only use 10% of it to actually pay for necessities for those in need.

My religion has nothing to do with this, when I see someone who appears to legitimately need help, I will help them. Do you want $99 dollars out of the $100 that you give to go towards paying the organization and bottom feeding parasites that aren't really in need of help, or does it make more sense to have ALL of that money go directly to someone in need as is the case when you buy and deliver the necessities yourself?

tractorman Oklahoma
11/15/17 4:59 pm

"As you do for the least of them you also do unto me". I rest assured that you help the less fortunate to the tune of thousands of dollars every year. Bless you my son๐Ÿค

Think Lovin Life
11/13/17 4:17 pm

Yes, but the truly needed is a small fraction of those living off the government dole. This is why it was a horrible mistake for the government to get into this business. It should be left to the charities, who are so much better at vetting the lazy from the needy.

snagglepuss Story Time
11/13/17 4:10 pm

Children, people with disabilities, the elderly, wounded veterans, mentally ill...

dylkohl The Media Lies
11/13/17 4:05 pm

military veterans, mentally disabled, and physically disabled people absolutely

johonmilla Monroe, nc
11/13/17 3:41 pm

Yea...
Elderly, minors, and the disabled quickly come to mind

cornybread The Large Malus Fruit
11/13/17 3:01 pm

We’re known for being fat and lazy. Our healthcare system is failing because it’s being forced to care for too many people who aren’t taking care of themselves (the main things driving up healthcare costs? Heart disease, diabetes, related complications and even some types of cancer linked to poor lifestyle choices).
As for people who actually have good excuses for needing care? I’d say people who are mentally or physically disabled, or suffering from health conditions that are out of their control.

cornybread The Large Malus Fruit
11/13/17 3:10 pm

Also, seniors. But there’s some overlap there with the category of health problems, obviously. My dad’s parents are inching toward 90 and can no longer adequately take care of themselves. My grandpa is recovering from a mild stroke and is physically very weak, and my grandma has Alzheimer’s. I have to say, I didn’t realize how much we neglect seniors until I witnessed how hard my parents have had to work to try and find affordable care for them, and they’re not out of the woods yet. They’re still trying to find more affordable housing than the place they’re in now, but there just aren’t enough options around here. It’s horrible, really.

Squidboy Snarkapottamus
11/13/17 2:44 pm

Of course. Seniors that can’t work. People with legit disabilities. Children. Etc...

MrsCrayonWax
11/13/17 2:36 pm

Sure. The physically disabled for one. The mentally disabled for another, kids in foster care...

catpillow Florida West Coast
11/13/17 2:35 pm

There are many people who are completely disabled by age, diseases, or mental conditions. My mother, for example, is disabled by all three. Age 93, heart disease, and severe brain damage due to stroke.

ctskapski x
11/13/17 2:33 pm

I believe disabled people exist.
I also believe in the existence of extremely elderly persons with dementia.

MrsCrayonWax