jakecrs905 November 13th, 2017 1:57am

A major roadblock to a free trade agreement between the U.S. and the E.U. is the quality of agricultural products. The E.U. wants the U.S. to enforce stricter regulations on agricultural products (lower sodium, no GMOs) should the U.S. oblige?

OhTheIrony Learning from you
11/13/17 2:34 pm

Being anti-GMO is just anti-science. I vote no. I think consumers should be able to decide what they want to eat.

xtarite
11/13/17 9:58 am

How are we going to feed billions of people without stimulating growth?

FarmerManE djent
11/13/17 6:33 am

The people that make some of these demands have no idea what goes into food production to feed over 7 billion people world wide as out farm land keeps disappearing.
We need GMO seed and pesticides to be able to feed the world. Its 100% safe.
I wish people would stop purposely miss informing the public for their political agenda

roberbaran
11/13/17 7:55 am

I do not disagree, but the EU has the right to enforce its own customs laws. If the US wants to import there, we need to comply or accept that we won’t be importing to that market.

FarmerManE djent
11/13/17 11:08 am

The EUs rules are founded in false information. Complying wouldn't just cut our throat, but everyone's

4boot LaTrineodeur, MN
11/12/17 10:17 pm

Yes, and how about no GMO's in the US...

bringstheeagle Colorado
11/12/17 7:31 pm

Yes and they will if they wanna sell to the EU.

Domino3 Abolish the ATF
11/12/17 7:00 pm

Maybe, I’d prefer the private markets to start pushing healthier food.

screename1 Washington State
11/12/17 7:49 pm

I’m with you, but it’s a difficult task when you have Monsanto, who has more money than God, pushing their agenda.

Domino3 Abolish the ATF
11/12/17 7:51 pm

That’s the unfortunate case with most of global politics. The same reason why marijuana will never be legal. Big pharma companies won’t allow marijuana to beat sleeping pills and other pain meds etc.

screename1 Washington State
11/12/17 7:56 pm

I live in WA. It is legal, and not just for medicinal purposes. 😁 I get your point though. Big pharma is extremely corrupt. As a side note, have you ever seen a pharma sales manager convention? All BEAUTIFUL people. I always tell people that big pharma hires the hottest drug dealers.

Domino3 Abolish the ATF
11/12/17 8:29 pm

How has it been with it legal in your state? Have you noticed any changes since before ? I personally don’t smoke weed but I’m in 100% of it being legal recreational.

And yesπŸ˜‚ but that’s with anyone who wants to market. Pretty girls sell.

screename1 Washington State
11/12/17 8:54 pm

We live outside a small town, outside Portland, Oregon (in southern WA state.) What have I noticed? Tons of pot shops in semi-seedy parts of the cities. I smell pot quite often when I’m out in more populated areas (puke!). I’m a dad, with 1/2 my boys still at home....I’m not a fan of it being legal recreationally, but I’m a conservative, old geezer.

Domino3 Abolish the ATF
11/12/17 8:58 pm

Hm. That’s not shocking, but as Americans that claim freedom I think it should be legal.

I’m a young conservative, only 22, but I ascribe more to the libertarian side of the right.

screename1 Washington State
11/12/17 9:04 pm

I hear you. It’s certainly one of those things where, as a lover of freedom, I’m conflicted! Hey, Thomas Jefferson, who wrote the Declaration of Independence had slaves, so I can be a little conflicted too... πŸ˜‚

Domino3 Abolish the ATF
11/12/17 9:07 pm

LmaoπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ very true screen! Very true!

screename1 Washington State
11/12/17 9:09 pm

πŸ˜‚ I wrote in Rand Paul last year (since Washington isn’t a swing state!) because I like his conservative, yet libertarian leanings. I think he’d legalize drugs for you...

Domino3 Abolish the ATF
11/12/17 9:14 pm

Yes my favorite senator. I’ve read all his books, me and him agree on almost every issue.

Domino3 Abolish the ATF
11/12/17 9:15 pm

Whoa I reread the first part! I wrote him in too! Write in buddies!

screename1 Washington State
11/12/17 9:16 pm

He’s by far my favorite. I’ll have to read his books. I don’t agree on a couple things, but in general I’m a huge fan.

screename1 Washington State
11/12/17 9:18 pm

No way! That’s awesome! If I remember correctly, you’re in Texas? Both of us in solid states. Solid blue, and solid red!

Domino3 Abolish the ATF
11/12/17 9:20 pm

Yes sir! Dallas native. Born and proud.. but hopefully I get to move to Florida one way. That’s my dream.

Yes Texas solid red, but the in the area of Dallas I’m in is mostly Hispanic and black, so it’s solid blue.

screename1 Washington State
11/12/17 9:23 pm

Makes sense!

What part of FL do you want to move to?

Domino3 Abolish the ATF
11/12/17 9:26 pm

Either the panhandle area around the Destin area, I’ve found many places I can afford or down by the Tampa area. I’m a beach bum.

Domino3 Abolish the ATF
11/12/17 9:27 pm

Texas beaches are horrible.

screename1 Washington State
11/12/17 9:30 pm

Sounds amazing. Love both those areas. I’m with you...I spend as much time on the beach as possible!

Domino3 Abolish the ATF
11/12/17 9:48 pm

Surprising from someone in the cold weather area lol

screename1 Washington State
11/13/17 6:32 am

@domino3 We travel a lot! 😎 And that’s funny to see you refer to southwest WA as a cold weather area. I think of the Midwest and Alaska as cold weather areas, but I guess it’s all a matter of perspective. We rarely get snow or below freezing here (just snow/cold in the mountains) but by comparison to Texas, yes it’s a cold weather area!