jakecrs905 November 13th, 2017 1:57am

I just redeemed my points for a free roundtrip flight to Vegas for my birthday. Have you ever redeemed your credit card/airline/reward points for a flight/vacation/gift cards etc.?

cpaswr just say the letters
11/17/17 7:42 pm

Back in 2009, my wife and I went on our honeymoon to Hawaii. Our flights were free and so was our hotel (5 days on Kauai and 5 days on Maui). We probably paid $1500 for our honeymoon.

lcamino Florida and Georgia
11/13/17 11:39 pm

No. That great, hope you have a great time!!

jakecrs905 Long Island, NY
11/15/17 9:58 pm

I really appreciate it, thanks!

Rainey 633 Stag Trail Road
11/13/17 12:08 pm

Not yet. I’m saving up for a trip to Hawaii

Allegory United States
11/13/17 10:38 am

No. I get cash back from my credit card, but nothing as cool as your flight.

presrvd Phoenix
11/13/17 6:32 am

Misread the question. I have in the past, but I nixed all the cards about 8 or 9 years ago. If I can't buy it with cash, I don't need it.

FarmerManE djent
11/13/17 6:36 am

What if you can use your credit card like cash, plus get rewards for using it, and have something with some security, and have a way to purchase online.
Its what I do. I run everything I possibly can through my credit card and get free money out of it via cash back rewards

presrvd Phoenix
11/13/17 6:39 am

My wife had her credit card stolen, and dealing with the credit card company is what drove us to closing all of our cards. I cans stand 'customer service runaround', or being talked to like I'm an idiot by anyone which whom I'm a customer...

FarmerManE djent
11/13/17 6:41 am

Thats surprising. I've never had any customer service issues.
Who was your card through?

presrvd Phoenix
11/13/17 6:44 am

If I remember correctly, it was GE Moneybank, now Synchrony. I have several friends and family members that still use them, and hate them. They're behind nearly every store card out there...

presrvd Phoenix
11/13/17 6:44 am

Citibank wasn't much better when we closed down that account...

FarmerManE djent
11/13/17 6:46 am

Huh. I haven't dealt with either of those. I don't even know of anyone that uses a card through Citibank. But I could understand not wanting to.

playum
11/12/17 9:11 pm

It’s easy if you have a Southwest Card.

BasedBlur Texas
11/12/17 8:03 pm

I wish. I've never even been outside of Texas.

Domino3 Abolish the ATF
11/12/17 7:01 pm

No but I’ve only had a credit card for 1.5 years now. I spend atleast 1k a month on it and pay it back on time every month, but I haven’t worked up to getting a point card yet.

jakecrs905 Long Island, NY
11/12/17 7:06 pm

I've only had my card since May of last year but the points racked up surprisingly quick.

jakecrs905 Long Island, NY
11/12/17 7:08 pm

I never pay interest but on my airline card it's 21.99% and on my discover it's 14.99% pretty good for a 20-year-old kid.

Domino3 Abolish the ATF
11/12/17 7:25 pm

Me either, because I pay on time. But that is good.

screename1 Washington State
11/12/17 7:51 pm

Don’t EVER get in credit card debt, boys. Sounds like you’re on a good path to not do so. Keep up the good work.

Domino3 Abolish the ATF
11/12/17 8:31 pm

I would never. I never use my card unless I have the money to back it up. Like I’ve said I use it for at least 1k a month, but I’ve never missed a payment.

I’m extremely financially responsible for my age, Hell I started a Roth IRA when I was 18.

Domino3 Abolish the ATF
11/12/17 8:31 pm

I won’t make much money as a teacher, but through private investment and not paying social security and using TRS, I’ll be alright.

screename1 Washington State
11/12/17 9:00 pm

Good for you on the Roth! Do you listen to Dave Ramsey? I’m a huge fan. I work in hospitality. I have a decent corporate job, but it’s still not an industry that is known for paying high salaries. We’ve done well though by staying out of debt, and consistently investing wisely. Statistics show that teachers often end up being as well off as people making way more than their income, because teachers tend to live more within their means. Don’t get a car loan either. That’s often the thing that really messes people up financially.