pof November 11th, 2017 2:56am

A lot of hate Trump receives is because he is successful and people are jealous.

lj74
11/11/17 7:24 am

Iļø believe that the hate towards Trump stems from his previous business successes, the fact that he is not one of the political elite, the fact that he doesn’t take hits lying down and the fact that he won a massive political victory when the opposite outcome was predicted.

Hogoke Constitution
11/10/17 11:55 pm

I think it's because the media portrays him as an evil fascist man and don't actually educate people on his policies.

ozzy
11/11/17 6:51 am

Ditto ^

Alcerus fascist
11/10/17 10:34 pm

Yeah probably. They see his fortune and success combined with his..erm..lack of articulation and subconsciously think "this guy's an idiot and he gets a good life? I want a good life! I'm smarter than he is! I hate that guy!"
It's human nature to be jealous of others.

phalnx Ohio
11/10/17 8:59 pm

No, we don't like him 'cause he's a smelly orange ape with a bird's nest combover and the worst spray-on tan since George Hamilton.

pof over my moms knee
11/10/17 9:18 pm

Very mature

katerina13 stuck in the middle
11/11/17 1:01 am

I’d give anything if he’d get a total makeover. Can you imagine?! I would love to see what he’d look like. šŸ˜

phalnx Ohio
11/11/17 3:25 am

The phrase 'gilding a turd' comes to mind :D

pof over my moms knee
11/11/17 7:50 am

That's what I call it when your wife does her makeup.

phalnx Ohio
11/11/17 1:32 pm

Easy, little britches, or Santa might not bring you that A- Cup training bra you've been wanting.

Kay41 the Midwest
11/10/17 8:52 pm

I'm sure that might be true for a few people. Most people just dislike him though because of his policies, his antics, and his personality.

sea California
11/10/17 8:41 pm

No, they hate him because he’s a Republican

DunkinFrunk Austin area, Texas
11/10/17 8:31 pm

Maybe, it could also be that he’s a narcissistic moron that’s not qualified to be in the position that he’s in.

Alcerus fascist
11/11/17 1:25 am

Not qualified? Can you please point me to the spot in the Constitution that disqualifies him? Let's see...US born? Yep. Over 45? Yep.

What's the issue here, that he's not a former politician? That's not a requirement for being president, sorry.

Alcerus fascist
11/11/17 1:33 am

35 years* excuse me.

Here's the full text for the qualifications for the Office of the President of the United States:

"No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States." -Article 1, clause 5

Liberty 4,032,064
11/10/17 8:14 pm

That’s certainly true. Far too many people want to attack those who are successful when I read they should be working to emulate them...or maybe they try but can’t?

susanr Colorado
11/10/17 8:12 pm

No, I don't think so. There are lots of successful business people who aren't disliked in the way that Trump is. I believe any negative feeling about him as a businessman have to to with some of his business practices.

Much of the animosity toward him is a result of his behavior as a human being and his own expressions of opinion, most recently and publicly visible as a candidate for office and not as President.

LibArtie SW Connecticut

Elon Musk

LibArtie SW Connecticut
11/10/17 8:08 pm

Disagree strongly

JackQHu Durham, NC
11/10/17 7:59 pm

That was the case before he ran for president

pof over my moms knee
11/10/17 7:58 pm

Democrats hate successful rich people because they're poor losers.

mitchman399 Oregon
11/10/17 8:07 pm

I think it's more his politics than his wealth that democrats don't like.

CrzyChica
11/11/17 6:15 am

There are quite a few successful, rich Democrats.

CrzyChica
11/11/17 6:17 am

And strangely enough, a lot of poor, white people love Trump even though his policies are gonna screw them over.

pof over my moms knee
11/11/17 7:46 am

They're not Democrats, they don't believe in the party platform. They throw Democrats money because Democrats are corrupt and will do pay for play.

CrzyChica
11/11/17 8:12 am

Like all the rich corporate leaders and Republicans, right?

pof over my moms knee
11/11/17 8:47 am

The rich are more supportive of Democrats than of Republicans, typically Democrat-supporting rich are those who inherited their wealth. Rich who earned it from nothing tend to support Republicans.

CrzyChica
11/11/17 9:06 am

šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ What Koolaide are you drinking? We are on our way to being an oligarchy thanks to the likes of the Koch brothers and big corporations who Republicans.

omniku dot com
11/13/17 6:28 pm

@Pof Can you back up your claim that the rich are more supportive of Democrats or are you just making things up? Of America’s 50 wealthiest families the breakdown is 56% Republican vs 14% Democrat (and 30% Both)...

blogs--images-forbes-com.cdn.ampproject.org/ii/w820/blogs-images.forbes.com/katiasavchuk/files/2014/07/Political-Affiliations-Infographic.jpg?width=960

www.forbes.com/sites/katiasavchuk/2014/07/09/are-americas-richest-families-republicans-or-democrats/amp/

And to answer the poll question, I don’t hate Trump out of jealousy. It’s entirely because he’s a bigoted, hateful, crony-capitalist sleazebag with terrible policies.