kspells November 11th, 2017 2:49am

Women please comment at least one precautionary action you commonly take to prevent sexual harm from happening to you. Ex: Walk carrying keys in between fingers when alone. Men comment any safety tips you have given women.

BamaGirl ROLL TIDE from Arizona
12/03/17 12:24 pm

I have been trained in safety using basic Taekwondo.

I was also taught to be aware of my surroundings. I walk with my keys interlaced in my fingers of my fist.

Lately, I am often on the phone when I am out by myself & whoever I’m on the phone with knows where I am.

When I was going on first dates, I would actually set up my phone so that a couple of friends could track my location. You can do this through Google Maps regardless of what type of smart phone each individual has.

I am rarely out after dark alone. If I am, it’s at a familiar place.

Nemacyst No Lives Matter
12/02/17 4:01 pm

This user is currently being ignored

kspells TheOtherOtherside
12/02/17 6:07 pm

My original comment
I hope it isn’t true that would be ideal. Trump believed that what he was saying, true or not would be an impressive thing. Something another man would see as a status achieved perk. And that is pure evil. Anyone who supports men being able to do what ever they want to a women sexually, because of their position of power is not human and I consider people that condone this behavior as my enemy. Like you cannot proudly support this man without making me sick.

crazyjane New Jersey
11/15/17 11:41 pm

I lock my car doors when I’m driving

lcamino Florida and Georgia
11/12/17 5:05 pm

I park as close as possible, and stay aware of my surroundings. Parking lots aren’t safe places to get extra walking in.

jmw7477 Indiana
11/11/17 6:44 pm

This isn’t something I’ve ever really thought or worried about. I married my high school sweetheart. We got together when I was 15. So I’ve never really dated. I’ve only been to a bar once. My husband was with me. I do most of my errands during the day in areas that I feel completely safe.

lj74
11/11/17 7:26 am

Take a self defense class

ozzy
11/11/17 6:52 am

Buddy system
Don’t go anywhere with someone you just met (no one night stands)
Watch your drink

OHamill Appalachian Beauty
11/11/17 6:01 am

For myself, I’m a Wing Chun Kung Fu instructor and practitioner. For others, I teach women’s self defense courses using curriculum from the National Women’s Martial Arts Federation of which I’m a member.

FacePalm That Trick Never Works
11/11/17 12:59 am

I remain aware of my surroundings, I do not enter unfamiliar places alone. I don’t walk about at night alone. I always have my telephone with me, and I have a fist weapon on my keys.

Louderthebetter
11/11/17 12:53 am

Hyper aware of my surroundings.
Car doors locked. As I leave car I always have my hand on the alarm button until I’m behind my apt gate.
Keys in hand and big mag light cop light if walking at night alone.
Walk with purpose.
Any potential question with approaching man, zero eye contact.
If out with my man and there’s a Creeper, zero eye contact to prevent trouble for him or me. I could go on🙄😬can’t be too careful

lostriver Oregon
11/11/17 12:50 am

Just be aware of your surroundings. Try not being alone if possible. Carry mace/pepper spray, or a gun. And learn how to use it safely by practicing with it.

SunsetLeopard Still writing my story
11/10/17 10:01 pm

When I do my night walks, I make sure I'm not wearing any headphones, I carry my keys in my hand like your example when I'm going through a dark area and when I get to my car while I buckle my son up, I also try to wear my hair down or in a downward style...no ponytails at night. Lastly, I park my car where the cops always park. Of course I'm always looking around and staying aware of my surroundings, but hopefully that's a common practice for anyone out and about in public, regardless of the time of day.

P777 Online
11/10/17 9:52 pm

I carry a gun.

imanag My heaven on Earth
11/10/17 9:49 pm

I always walk with my keys between my fingers after dark. I check my car before I get in. I thank my dad for what I thought was a silly requirement before I was allowed to date, a minimum yellow belt in karate.

emraldYE Lancaster County, PA
11/10/17 8:56 pm

Nothing except being nervous alone in the dark and when a man walks behind me.

anniepoops wisco fever
11/10/17 8:26 pm

Keys between my fingers
Always keep my drink with me
Never let anyone give me a drink
Always have a buddy

BrokenMirror free speech
11/10/17 8:05 pm

There is that one nail polish that can change colour to detect D.R. drugs in drinks.

Kay41 the Midwest
11/10/17 7:51 pm

I'm always aware of my surroundings. Also, I rarely go anywhere by myself at night.