brendonjoshua November 10th, 2017 6:11pm

Actor and comedian Louis CK has been accused of sexual harassment by 5 women. Is there a legitimate problem with this in Hollywood or are some just looking for a quick payday?

DrCarpenter Ann Arbor
11/15/17 1:17 pm

I believe it is a legitimate problem; not just in Hollywood, but everywhere. It may be worse in Hollywood, but don't believe for a moment that this kind of behavior doesnt happen in other industries as well.
There will always be a risk of women falsely accusing men. I personally know of one of those circumstances. Whether they are looking for money, attention, or simply to hurt the other person doesnt matter. But we cannot accuse every woman of being a liar. That prevents them from coming forward and it prevents the problem from being remedied.

RussianThunder Russia and USA
11/10/17 6:54 pm

As he’s admitted it, it seems to be a problem

clmcd42 Texas
11/10/17 1:42 pm

The entertainment industry is almost ubiquitously corrupt. Anywhere that you have a bunch of people looking for money and fame, there will more than likely be people there to take advantage of them. I'm not saying there aren't good people who would never do that; however, I am saying that anywhere you go in entertainment, including Hollywood, you can probably find a few bad apples.

clmcd42 Texas
11/10/17 1:45 pm

I didn't fully answer the question.

Yes there is a legitimate problem, as I described above. But how can we know if every story that comes out about these entertainers (and politician's!) is true? There very well could be people seeking money and fame who lie about being sexually assaulted. The only way to go about handling these situations is to keep your calm, and remember these people are innocent until proven guilty.

The entertainment industry has both problems, fame/money leeches and corrupt perverts. And it always has.

MrsCrayonWax
11/10/17 12:20 pm

He just admitted it so it’s not a payday.

PrinceOberyn ANCIENT CITY STYLE
11/10/17 12:20 pm

It's a legitimate problem throughout the entirety of our species. Sexual harassment, assault, and molestation is a global problem at this point. Hollywood is just now becoming the rapidly most visible aspect at the moment.

susanr Colorado
11/10/17 12:02 pm

Louis C.K. has admitted that the stories are true, so at least to that extent is a real situation.

It's not just Hollywood, though. Is's become an issue in other places as well, some of which don't get nearly as much news coverage for what are probably fairly obvious reasons.

It's *probably* an issue anywhere that one group of people hold some kind of power over other groups of people - men/women, adults/children, adults/adolescents, etc.

STONEYTJONES Indiana
11/10/17 11:57 am

I’m sure there is a problem but it also probably looks like an easy payday for some considering they are all being assumed to be guilty by everyone.

Some of them have pretty much admitted to it like, Weinstein. But others deny it and should at least have the opportunity to be proven guilty or innocent.

Louderthebetter
11/10/17 11:54 am

So weird, this whole thing.
That dude is nasty. Harvey Weinstein, nasty!
In terms of looks, as a woman the idea of those 2 men makes me wannašŸ¤¢
Perhaps there’s a correlation.
Kevin spaceyšŸ¤¢good gawd what’s wrong with our country?!!!!!

Kay41 the Midwest
11/10/17 11:34 am

I think there is a lot going on. I believe there definitely is a problem and that many of the allegations are true. But, I do believe there is a portion of people looking for notoriety or money.

iceberg124
11/10/17 11:21 am

From what I heard he paid to have 5 women watch him hack off and a decade later they decided he assaulted him

Louderthebetter
11/10/17 11:56 am

Not enough money in the world to touch that guys twig and berriesšŸ¤¢are you kidding me?

susanr Colorado
11/10/17 12:14 pm

He agrees with them. I encourage you to read his statement about it (thatguy2 posted a link above to it in the NYT, but I've just gotten news alerts to it in many sources) where he takes *full* responsibility.

I know nothing firsthand about the guy - I've never even heard his voice. But I think he's made a pretty extraordinary statement.

iceberg124
11/10/17 1:36 pm

The story has been around for years, the NYTimes rounded up these girls and had them say there were assaulted by Louis ck. This is an article from 2012 which just goes to show the nyt is probably paying people to say this stuff and recycling rumors. Roy Moore probably no different as the Washington post is owned singlehandedly by the richest man in the world
gawker.com/5894527/which-beloved-comedian-likes-to-force-female-comics-to-watch-him-jerk-off?comment=48089921#comments

Louderthebetter
11/10/17 2:44 pm

Thanks for the source Bert.

MrsCrayonWax
11/10/17 3:02 pm

What would be their angle in destroying Louis C.K.?

iceberg124
11/10/17 5:34 pm

Well apparently ck admitted to it but idk what the point would be; the stories have been around awhile and it's suspicious how many of these allegations are only being tackled now