rebelfury76 November 10th, 2017 1:46pm

Should a human, or group of humans, during their fleeting unimportant time on this rock, ever have the "right" to take the life of another human? After all we are all mortal and honestly in 100 years none of us will matter.

Robert97206 Portland Oregon
11/13/17 3:08 pm

I'd have to say I can think of one example so yes?

Self defense seems like a legitimate reason to take somebody else's life.

DoctorWasdarb Marxist Leninist Maoist
11/10/17 8:23 am

Yeah. Self defense, and also in a revolution, sometimes you gotta be violent. It ain't pretty, but you gotta do what you gotta do. If you're afraid to, then you can't win.

rebelfury76 No Justice, No Peace
11/10/17 10:08 am

Wasn't what I had in mind but that makes sense

DoctorWasdarb Marxist Leninist Maoist
11/10/17 10:17 am

My comment was a very brief paraphrasing of Engels and Lenin on the subject of "anti-authoritarian communists." Engels wrote that the Paris Commune wasn't a failure because of too much violence. If anything, it was the opposite. Lenin wrote similar things in response to the idiots who think we can have socialism through reform and "free stuff."

It's also important to recognize the opportunistic nature of these "anti-authoritarians." Notably left coms, anarchists, and Trotskyists, they condemn all examples of "authoritarian socialism" but they don't provide anything in its place. They just complain in order to disrupt. It's especially flagrant when it's a bunch of liberals in the first world who like the color red (those who call themselves communists) condemning the third world for resisting imperialism.

DoctorWasdarb Marxist Leninist Maoist
11/10/17 10:21 am

Even though I find your ideology of essentially unbridled capitalism to be quite undesirable (and impossible), I appreciate your principled opposition to imperialism and your frankness in your admission that the globe is dominated by an American empire. Few Americans are willing to admit it, and most that do, support it.

I think if you approached the question of imperialism through the lens of dialectical materialism, you'd have a hard time continuing to support capitalism. The two are incredibly connected. Ever since capitalism's first signs of nascence, it has been imperialist and colonialist.

rebelfury76 No Justice, No Peace
11/15/17 3:34 am

Problem DW is supporting capitalism is simply a by-product of my more steadfast support of individual liberty and responsibility. I cannot condone using force and coercion on others to shape my worldview. That seems incredibly immoral to me no matter what my intentions are.

rebelfury76 No Justice, No Peace
11/15/17 3:35 am

That's the curse of libertarianism. We usually are on the same page with almost every ideology on several issues and polar opposites on others.

I used to be a flag waving tax loving conservative. Then I grew up and I ran out of excuses for the tough questions.

DoctorWasdarb Marxist Leninist Maoist
11/16/17 11:39 am

You don't support using force, but do you think it's okay for victim nations to use violence against imperialist invasion?

JackTorS Clap you stupid bastards
11/10/17 8:05 am

In some very rare cases, yes.

MrMilkdud
11/10/17 7:31 am

Self defense

Liberty 4,032,064
11/10/17 7:21 am

Only in defense of themselves or others, and never in aggression.

Mackinaw Wolverine State, est.1837
11/10/17 7:16 am

Only in defense of self, own property, and other individuals.

Ebola1 Florida
11/10/17 6:50 am

I agree they shouldn’t except in defense of self or others.