WeightlessWings November 10th, 2017 3:25am

Your significant other demands to know the password to your phone. Is this a sign of an unhealthy relationship?

lightsabr2 The Big Sky
11/10/17 10:03 am

“You hide the contents of your cell phone. Is this a sign of an unhealthy relationship?” My answer here is yes. I just got an X last week. The first thing I did after setting up Face ID was give her the passcode.

shygal47 Florida east coast
11/10/17 8:25 am

Demands? Yes.
Asks? No.

pietsch Another Adoring Fan
11/10/17 6:52 am

I don’t know which way that works. Either he’s a creepy controller who asks for it so he can spy... or I’m a sneaky cheater who won’t let him into my life. Maybe both. Maybe neither. I don’t know that this is a one-size-fits-all answer.

Alcerus fascist
11/10/17 1:30 pm

How about just don't ask to look at somebody's phone? The only time I let anybody use my phone is when their phone is dead and they need to make a phone call. Then I'll open the dialpad and wait for their call to end

zimmy Florida
11/10/17 5:05 am

My spouse has mine, in case of some emergency. But was never demanded.

DoctorWasdarb Marxist Leninist Maoist
11/09/17 11:00 pm

If it's at the beginning, it could just be a sign of trust, depending on the personality. If you've been together a while, yeah, it seems like a sign that something's up.

Kay41 the Midwest
11/09/17 8:45 pm

The word "demands" made me answer yes. They shouldn't be demanding and it shouldn't take a demand to share the password.

Finny Conservative Lesbian
11/09/17 8:36 pm

Depends. If you've given them reason not to trust you and it's more of an ultimatum, "prove to me you weren't doing x that we agreed upon you wouldn't or I'm leaving," that's it unhealthy - that's more uptight and intolerant of BS

Finny Conservative Lesbian
11/09/17 8:37 pm

Examples:
Cheating
Drugs
Smoking
Etc

Sentinel Ya ie wa noh
11/09/17 8:36 pm

The true answer lies within whether the spouse uses the code to gain access to the phone.....

EarlyBird Portland
11/09/17 8:35 pm

The fact that it takes a demand to get it, is an unhealthy sign.

TrueLiberalism Constitutionalist
11/09/17 8:30 pm

Wouldn't say it's necessarily a bad sign but I definitely wouldn't say it's a good sign. However, it would be a good sign if the couple willingly gave each other access to their phones.