Praetorianus November 9th, 2017 6:13am

Morbid late night Q: if neither costs nor availability were a problem, then after your death would you prefer a classic burial/cremation or something else (plastination, space burial, made a diamond, cryogenic chamber etc)?

LibertyLover Pokemon 201461036800
11/15/17 8:07 pm

If cost were no object I would definitely opt for cryogenics. I like the chance at immortality.

Carcano Luke 10 19
11/11/17 1:35 pm

I just want an air-tight coffin so bugs can't eat me.

azsageguy
11/10/17 4:25 pm

Eco urn/pod to grow a tree. My spouse likes that idea...kill me twice.

Greenie Social Democrat
11/09/17 3:44 pm

Donate organs, then butt me without preservatives so that I can be reabsorbed into the food web

Greenie Social Democrat
11/09/17 3:45 pm

It's the circle of liiiiife 🎵

lendluke iowa
11/09/17 2:43 pm

Whatever is cheapest. City dump maybe after selling my organs on the black market. I don't want my death to burden those around me with thousands of dollars of costs while they are also mourning.

mistah Happy Happy Joy Joy
11/09/17 1:00 pm

Take whatever organs you can take, then fire me off into space

Diogenes FreeMeBe
11/09/17 11:38 am

Burn me and crush my bones. Save the titanium hardware and melt it into a ring or something. Scatter me in a National Forest.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
11/09/17 9:36 am

One of my friends died last week and her service is Saturday. She was in my tops group and she was in my Red Hat group. So her friends are showing up wearing a red hats and purple dresses to honor her.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
11/09/17 9:30 am

Burial at sea. I don’t know if it’s civilians can have that or not, at least legally, I went to one.

bower8899 ...
11/09/17 8:53 am

I think I'm ok with cremation

RussianThunder Russia and USA
11/09/17 8:49 am

I’m Jewish so I’m going with classic but if I could, I would want to be buried in those three things so my remains nourish a tree. I like that idea. I mean, talk about recycle!

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
11/09/17 9:31 am

In Oregon you can be buried in what is basically a basket so everything will be very organic. I am kind of foggy today but I think actually you can have a tree planted over your sight.

RussianThunder Russia and USA
11/09/17 11:13 am

You are planted with the bulb or root or acorn or something. All enclosed in a sack. It was awesome but it’s against my religion I think.

CoffeeNow Powderpuff Leftist
11/09/17 1:43 pm

Yeah they do the tree thing. I like that idea. Why is it against your religion?

ronderman North Carolina
11/09/17 8:33 am

I want my wife and kids to have a place to visit and remember me. If I have no family left, dump me in the landfill.

ronderman North Carolina
11/09/17 10:51 am

You're right. My kids can visit me there as well.

JulieB The Lake House
11/09/17 7:35 am

I want a Viking burial, like they did for Thor's mother in the last Thor movie. They put her on a boat and then fired flaming arrows which set her boat on fire as she glided off into eternity.

suppressedID That is my secret Cap
11/09/17 7:17 am

Mushroom suit.

Dead is dead. Don’t waste valuable land on corpses.

shygal47 Florida east coast
11/09/17 7:14 am

Will already written, as well as DNR and Living Will. Family knows my preference. It’s just kinder to take the decisions out of their hands as much as possible - they will be dealing with enough trauma as it is.
Hopefully! 😊

TheMadScientist the mad laboratory
11/09/17 6:27 am

Anything I want? Cost is no object? Create a program, starting at Cal Tech and MIT, where donated cadavers are wired up for cyborg battles. I wanna be the CalTech champion.

rons screw politicians
11/09/17 6:12 am

Cremated immediately and ashes in an urn in the niche I bought. Just let some family members know where I am.

swervin Maryland
11/09/17 5:26 am

Probably burial at sea. I had to do about 20 of those in my younger Navy days. The ceremony is actually pretty awesome and since I would have spent a large majority of my adult life in the military (100% of it, as of right now, since I joined straight out of high school), it has become my life. What better way to solidify that than by becoming one with what made me the person I am.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
11/09/17 9:34 am

That was my choice also. I went to one several years ago. We took a Coast Guard Cutter out.

swervin Maryland
11/09/17 10:07 am

Was it for a family member? Ours were all just people we didn't know. We also did it while crossing the Atlantic so no family members were there.

SunsetLeopard Still writing my story
11/09/17 3:42 am

Id love to do what my dad always wanted, but we were unable to fulfill that request. To be buried in my dad's backyard (it will someday be my backyard), no casket or a biodegradable casket and a tree planted over my remains 💖 I just wish I could be buried by my dad, but because of yhe financial issues, he had to be buroed in a cemetary, and there are no more available lots by him :(

TomM
11/09/17 12:47 am

For all I care whoever is left to take care of the remains can put the body in the municipal incinerator and generate some energy.

phalnx Ohio
11/09/17 12:38 am

Cryogenic freeze for me...I'm planning on coming back.

ShakaBrah California
11/09/17 12:01 am

I'd like to be buried in a refrigerator so my body won't rot.

clmcd42 Texas
11/08/17 11:47 pm

Throw my body into a river and forget about it. Once I'm done with it, it's really not much use to anybody.

Alcerus fascist
11/08/17 11:46 pm

Download my brain onto a computer and use it as a base for an organic A.I.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
11/08/17 11:33 pm

Church funeral (open casket), then a standard cremation.

Praetorianus Fair enough.
11/08/17 11:34 pm

I was wrong, could have bet you'd want a standard interment as opposed to cremation.

aj1545 Cat Lady
11/08/17 11:28 pm

Id want one of those pods that becomes a tree. To me, whats the point of ornate coffins cluttering the earth?

Ghats what Id pick but ultimately its lived ones choice, theyd have to cope with death, not e.

ShakaBrah California
11/08/17 11:59 pm

What? Pods that turn into trees that you can be buried in?
While we're all living in 2017, AJ is living in 3017!

Wino I need a drink
11/08/17 11:27 pm

My kids know, donate anything viable to people needing organs first, then anything science wants it can have with which to teach or experiment on, if there’s anything left after cremate it in whatever way you want. You want me to be a diamond, ok. You want me to be part of a tree, sure. Whatever will be best for your grieving or, if my parenting goes drastically wrong, celebrating. As long as the memorial has appetizers and drinks (preferably a nice meal too) I promise not to haunt you.

aj1545 Cat Lady
11/08/17 11:29 pm

Amen!! I want every organ possible donated, like why not

Cole12 ...
11/08/17 11:25 pm

I would like to be cremated, and I want my ashes to be buried in my family’s cemetery in Gallipolis, OH.

Praetorianus Fair enough.
11/08/17 11:18 pm

Thought about donating to science but usually means I get dissected by a medical student which doesn't advance science, so it's a tossup between deep space and cryogenics. I know it's very unlikely to be revived but would die with a glimmer of hope.