RNJen November 9th, 2017 6:09am

Does someone elseโ€™s diet/food choice bother you?

SoCalGal
11/09/17 2:02 pm

When someone has a medical condition that calls for watching what they eat and they don’t, like my husband, it drives me nuts.

RNJen Bay Area USA
11/09/17 3:14 pm

Hahah, I can agree. I used to take care of a patient that sprinkled sugar on her orange and would get sugar everywhere. I would have to clean the sticky sugar off of her fingers to take her blood sugar levels. It was always high. She couldn’t care less:/

SoCalGal
11/09/17 3:18 pm

๐Ÿ˜ณ geez. He’s diabetic, but his problem is more that he eats too much food or too many carbs.

snagglepuss Story Time
11/09/17 12:09 pm

Only when they choose to eat a certain way and then push it on me. You do you but let me do me.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
11/09/17 9:40 am

The smell of black licorice turns my stomach. And melon bothers me also. I’m very allergic to melon. But it does not upset me. Sometimes so my husband has toast I ask him to eat somewhere else. Gluten-free does not taste the same.

NKarta Please excuse my sanity
11/09/17 7:15 am

Only if: 1. Their food smells bad
2. Its someone i care about and they are eating in a way thats unhealthy.

TheMadScientist the mad laboratory
11/09/17 6:22 am

Eating hard cookies such that the snapped off crumbs fling at me is very bothersome.

TheMadScientist the mad laboratory
11/09/17 7:43 pm

I'm allergic to cookies (gluten). This happens to me about every month. It drives me batty.

mstory918 Manhattan
11/09/17 6:00 am

Only when you tell me about it. Be as vegan as you’d like. Idc. I just don’t want to hear about it.. ever.

RNJen Bay Area USA
11/09/17 6:02 am

Same with meat eaters. My poor brother is the topic of convo when meat eaters find out that he is vegan. He hates it.

SHIPPY1944 Tn.
11/09/17 5:14 am

Yes, my 4 grankids eat entirely too much junk food, especially fried & sugary foods, although thankfully none are obese, I do think, if not now, there will be a future price to pay for those poor eating habits when they are older !

voc I am...what I am
11/09/17 4:58 am

My son. He eats nothing but junk. If he has money it goes towards fast food and junk. If not, he eats chips and garbage. He’s 15, so you can’t tell him it’s going to make him fat and it’s bad for him. He knows all.

I don’t buy the junk that’s in the house by the way. I put that blame on my wife.

RNJen Bay Area USA
11/09/17 5:02 am

He might benefit from seeing a nutritionist, Maybe have some labs drawn, give them a daily vitamin

voc I am...what I am
11/09/17 5:05 am

Maybe, but he’s the type of kid that has to bump his head a half dozen times before he learns. Very stubborn.

MrsCrayonWax
11/09/17 3:36 am

I have a family member who doesn’t eat pork. It used to bother me because it involved a lot of work but now, since their dietary restrictions are pretty much aligned with my vegetarian niece, it’s cheese pizza for everyone!

CrazDab Florida
11/09/17 1:47 am

Not really. But sometimes I'm like just eat the damn roll. Live a little. Life is too short. Carbs aren't gonna kill you ok?!?! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคท‍โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿ˜Š

theNobamist Silicon Valley
11/08/17 11:32 pm

Why must I go out of my way to make a vegetarian plate for them when they come to my house, but when I go to theirs, I better stop for lunch or dinner along the way because they're not putting out anything other than a leaf salad.

Praetorianus Fair enough.
11/08/17 11:56 pm

Oh, a fellow carnivore ๐Ÿ˜Ž

theNobamist Silicon Valley
11/09/17 2:47 pm

I like vegetables too. But not the common cheap ones (broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms) because of their nasty smell.
But I don't seem to get my credit for my green beans and beets.

theNobamist Silicon Valley
11/09/17 2:49 pm

Check out the new Food Channel show by the guy who does Man Fire Food.

Hey, there's no emoji for steak. Is that anti-carnivorous?

Praetorianus Fair enough.
11/08/17 11:21 pm

Only if (s)he is the cook in my household and serves stuff I don't like.
I'm not a chef but can whip up something in that case.

RNJen Bay Area USA
11/08/17 11:10 pm

Couldn’t care less, just don’t try to change me with guilt

Praetorianus Fair enough.
11/08/17 11:30 pm

Speaking from experience?
Don't let it get to you.

RNJen Bay Area USA
11/09/17 4:07 am

I live in the Bay Area lol everyone has a diet of some sort. My sis is vegetarian, brother vegan, mom gluten free, dad meat and potatoes. I just don’t like it when any of those diet choices are preached as if it is better somehow. I eat everything lol. I like most dishes as long as there aren’t cucumbers ๐Ÿคฃ

theNobamist Silicon Valley
11/09/17 2:51 pm

I wonder... go to a Indian buffet for Thanksgiving Dinner? Everyone will be happy, if it is an Af-Pak place where they'd actually have beef. There's one down in Santa Clara.

RNJen Bay Area USA
11/09/17 3:06 pm

I like Indian food, but my dad only eats American lol