aj1545 November 9th, 2017 5:55am

Are you or anyone you know formally diagnosed with ADD/ADHD?

CMChristian gone
11/13/17 8:46 am

Yeah he is right in front of me.

SoCalGal
11/09/17 2:06 pm

My youngest son. He has adhd, conduct disorder (as a kid it is called Oppositional Defiant Disorder) and sequencing disorder. He’s very smart, but his other issues get in the way of everything he does. The conduct disorder causes his mouth to override his brain constantly, so keeping a job is a huge problem.

11/10/17 8:59 pm

Wow, thats gotta be tough!

SoCalGal
11/10/17 9:02 pm

It is tough and very frustrating for him. He sees friends moving on with their lives and he’s stuck in neutral.

jenkp223 Being a mommy
11/09/17 9:45 am

Not me, but my husband. And I’ve had several students diagnosed (and other undiagnosed).

11/09/17 12:36 pm

I was one of those kids! A teacher even made my mom have my hearing tested lol

Louderthebetter
11/09/17 9:41 am

Oh goodness me, yes.
They have the attention span of gnats.

jlong105 Indiana
11/09/17 9:26 am

I remember the diagnosis well, everyone in tuxedos and beautiful dresses. Very formal. 🤪

11/09/17 12:39 pm

Man I missed out, didnt even have sushi for mime 😿

crazyjane New Jersey
11/09/17 7:24 am

I used to have ADD (now called adhd non attentive type) but apparently grew out of it. During my last psychological learning disability assessment, i did not meet criteria for it any longer

11/09/17 12:34 pm

Interesting!i didnt know you could outgrow it, im glad for you! 😄

suppressedID That is my secret Cap
11/09/17 7:21 am

A woman at work has a medical diagnosis and special accommodation. She does next to nothing and what she does do is of such poor quality it has to be redone. It really drags down her team’s morale and ability to produce. Worse, she doesn’t do the things needed to cope.

11/09/17 12:41 pm

Ugh thays no good. I def drive my more rigid coworkers a little nuts but am a great barista. And you need to try to mitigate it! I use lots of lists and a giant calendar. Its interfering with school so giving meds a go.

DrCarpenter Ann Arbor or Florence
11/09/17 5:53 am

*Anyone* I know, yes.
Myself, no. I do, however, suspect I have ADD.

BLRW
11/09/17 4:55 am

Me. Myself and I.

MrsCrayonWax
11/09/17 3:41 am

I’m pretty sure I have it. It’s a constant struggle to stay on task, especially with these kids, it’s worse. I have to write reminders and make schedules and put everything in a calendar. I can remember things and people from three decades ago but can’t find my keys and put open containers back in my cabinets..

BLRW
11/09/17 4:57 am

If you were tested, than yes. But a lot of people don't understand the difference between ADHD/ADD and just not paying attention. What I'm talking about is being in one moment and than realizing that you have been staring at a wall for 10 minutes.

MrsCrayonWax
11/09/17 5:42 am

Pretty much me. In fact, I’m wondering how much of it was already within me and how much was made worse by impatient parents. Seems the only thing that can hold my extended focus is my phone. I’m 41 and not sure there is anything to be done about it now other than managing my environment.

MrsCrayonWax
11/09/17 5:43 am

My parents weren’t big on proactive measure for anything when we were kids. When were you diagnosed?

11/10/17 8:33 pm

Not the person youre asking but I was diagnosed like a month ago at 26. For awhile I didnt bring it up cuz i was afraid tgeyd think drug seeking, but finally did with my schoolwork suffering, it interfering socially, with driving, paying all my bills late etc. Dr said I absolutely have it and have since childhood based on the history. A teacher literally made my mom have my hearing checked...mental illness is not on their radar, a lot of ppl there think its made up.

My psych did clarify that in order to diagnose it needs to be interfering with your life.

11/10/17 8:50 pm

Interfering with your life, not sure how that got cut off lol

MrsCrayonWax
11/10/17 9:15 pm

Thanks for answering! I’m managing. Some things are harder to do than others. I️m not paralyzed in any way by it but my god it’s a pain in the ass! Lol

11/13/17 11:20 am

Good luck! Im still trying to figure out managing it! My family thinks im better on meds so its encouraging that others notice a good change!

Shazam Scaramouche, OH
11/14/17 4:56 am

AJ - I was diagnosed several years ago. I completely relate to those feeling you've experienced. If you want to chat PM me.

ShakaBrah California
11/09/17 12:03 am

AD⚡️HD
Old joke.

11/09/17 12:05 am

No stale memes allowed 😝

ShakaBrah California
11/09/17 4:10 pm

Aw, shucks.

phalnx Ohio
11/08/17 11:12 pm

I am, my oldest daughter is as well, and I'm positive my mom has it too.

I've tried Adderall, Strattera, Intuniv, Focalin, and Wellbutrin. The non-stimulants did nothing, and the stimulants raised my heart rate too much. I'm screwed.

Happily, my daughter can tolerate stimulants just fine, and Ritalin really seems to balance her out.

11/08/17 11:19 pm

Thats too bad!! I take wellbutrin but its more for mood, no depression symptoms woth it but its no good for focus/impulse control/etc.

Im worried about heartrate too since I got some problems there. Im working up to full dose vyvanse, may ask to switch to something I can get generic, didnt expect the price.

So glad to hear about your daughter! And I hope it doesnt interfere with your life too much, sucks when nothing works!

phalnx Ohio
11/09/17 12:34 am

Good luck with the Vyvanse (or generic amphetamine equivalent)... I know how good it feels to be 'normal' :). Don't fret about me...I'm sure when your old flame @DoctorWasdarb gets trained up, he'll concoct me a new drug out of za'atar, chickpeas, and furious Leftist ideology that'll set my neurons a-firing :D

BLRW
11/09/17 4:59 am

I have ADD and although I take some meds, I would recommend running. Pills can't solve everything. If you work your way up to running 4-5 miles a day, you will be able to think more clearly. You will feel more relaxed. I know this is not possible for everyone, but it's something that really helps me.

11/10/17 8:24 pm

Thanks @phlanx! :D you just reminded me I have a new halloween pic w the dude who looks like him hahaha

11/10/17 8:28 pm

And @Humanityvstrump- Thats a great suggestion, excersise helps the hyperactive part for me but not so much attention. Id run if my body wasnt broken as well 😝 could barely walk after a game of ultimate frisbee for a month! Ehlers danlos syndrome made sure that annihilated the knees. Im looking for a pool since the free one I used to go to is neing remodeled, its the only excersise my pt really wants me doing, im 87 inside lol

phalnx Ohio
11/10/17 8:28 pm

I'm waiting... :D

11/10/17 8:39 pm

Look at my pic! Dr W and I are a thing again :p was gonna tag him but forgot the spelling

phalnx Ohio
11/10/17 8:41 pm

Oh wow...'ol Doc's rocking that beard...very nice look for him!

11/10/17 8:50 pm

Yep Id have spelled wrong lol. And right? Im digging the beard, great Jim look too!

DoctorWasdarb Marxist Leninist Maoist
11/11/17 1:36 am

Wish I could grow a beard like that!

11/08/17 10:56 pm

ADD here, giving vyvanse a go so I can hopefully be more together lol

MrsCrayonWax