RussianThunder November 8th, 2017 11:08pm

Have you ever been so tired it feel like your brain and body must sleep or you will literally fall on the floor?

chickencookie Jihad Joe
11/08/17 8:40 pm

Yes and it’s not good for someone with your medical conditions.

4boot LaTrineodeur, MN
11/08/17 8:20 pm

Yes, and it's especially concerning when I'm driving but have to keep going. Splashing the face from the water bottle helps...

FacePalm That Trick Never Works
11/08/17 6:43 pm

very much so. I have also been so tired that I felt like I was going to be sick, but I was too tired to actually throwup and I have been so tired that I was dizzy and fell down.

Praetorianus Fair enough.
11/08/17 6:47 pm

What really sucks if you're "too tired to sleep".
Your exhaustion makes you feel sick and dizzy and that's why sleep won't come.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
11/08/17 6:17 pm

I have been so tired I fallen asleep in my chair twice I’ve been kind of running on octane been very excited about a couple of things. And I’ve worn myself out emotionally and physically

WorstGooEver Nuke the Hurricanes
11/08/17 5:57 pm

I️ have a 5 day old son. This place you speak of... I️ am a permanent resident.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
11/08/17 6:17 pm

That’s truly exhausting congratulations, name? Weight? Length?

RussianThunder Russia and USA
11/08/17 7:13 pm

Omg....I bet. I’m sorry. However, my mother says to enjoy it, it doesn’t last long.

Squidboy Snarkapottamus
11/08/17 5:36 pm

Just about anyone in the military has experienced this. The Navy is fueled by coffee

doober72 Vidalia, Ga.
11/08/17 4:33 pm

Oh yeah. IN MY YOUTH, drugs. I'm free from that crap now. I was a lucky kid.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/08/17 4:21 pm

💠 RussianThunder asked:
11/08/2017

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/08/17 4:23 pm

YES. RT, I have two sleep disorders (not the two you commonly hear about—which are sleep apnea and narcolepsy—but two which I’ve been told are MUCH more debilitating than narcolepsy).

For years, I often slept up to 18 hour days because I literally could not keep myself awake and no matter how much I slept, I had not waken up refreshed in over 2 decades. I always felt like a train had run over me every morning.

I’m now on a med that helps. I still stay fatigued and can’t work outside the home, but at least I don’t feel that way every morning.

...

mark4
11/09/17 4:45 am

Wow! Thanks for sharing. That must be debilitating, and I'm not familiar with that at all.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/09/17 11:16 am

You’re welcome, Mark! Yes, it is. One of the two conditions is periodic limb movement disorder. With that one, I kick about 167 times a night, waking me out of restorative sleep.

The other one is idiopathic hypersomnia, which means excessive daytime sleepiness that they don’t know what causes it. It’s the one I’ve been told is more debilitating than narcolepsy, and it’s so rare that most doctors have never heard of it and there is no FDA approved drug for it, meaning my insurance company will not cover the only med that helps. (Although they covered it for 8 years before ACA)

I get it through a patient assistance program. If I couldn’t get it that way, I would be back to the situation I was in before, because the med costs $15K a month.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/09/17 11:17 am

2) I also have 4 other conditions, one of which is a heart condition, and the others are fibromyalgia and a few others that are comorbid with fibro. All of them cause excruciating all over body pain, fatigue, foggy thinking (fibro fog) and confusion & memory problems. So if I don’t remember something you’ve told me, or I say something ditzy, it’s NOT that I’m uneducated, it’s the symptoms acting up.

I’m convinced that many people that are dx with fibro also have underlying sleep disorders like mine. I was dx with my other conditions decades before the sleep disorders, and NOTHING helped me. But the classic symptoms of these sleep disorders go all the way back to my teen years. I just didn’t know what was causing it. I literally couldn’t keep myself awake when I was a teen and fell asleep several times while getting ready for school, and on the school bus, etc.

...

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/09/17 11:17 am

3) As an adult, I had to put the alarm clock across the room so that I had to walk to it, hoping that would wake me up before I hit the snooze over and over without realizing what I was doing.

Anyway, I believe that the lactic acid that builds up in your muscles when you exercise and dissipates when you go into restorative sleep does NOT dissipate in those with my sleep disorders, and so a short walk today will make me feel like I’ve run a marathon tomorrow.

Whenever I do push to get out of the house for a family reunion, for instance, I suffer for it for days afterwards. People that have that kind of repercussions are called spoonies. Here’s a couple of articles that explain what that means and it’s the best way I know to describe to someone what it’s like:

butyoudontlooksick.com/articles/written-by-christine/the-spoon-theory/