11/08/17 10:06 am

Suppose you could actually choose how your health insurance covers you.
You can choose your deductible, your co-pays and what is actually covered.
In terms of what is actually covered, I’ll give you an example. Supposed I choose not to cover substance abuse or contraceptives.
Choosing to opt out of that particular coverage could lower the premiums.

ozzy
11/08/17 7:21 am

Redistribution tax scheme

suppressedID Shut up man
11/08/17 1:59 am

Insurance rates have been skyrocketing for decades. ACA is the right thing to do, if the GOP would stop sucking up to the insurance providers.

11/08/17 4:43 am

Awwww partisanship is your argument.
You’re kind of thinking is the reason for our problems.
If you actually take a look at how ACA is set up, you would see it is not designed to lower premiums. Why don’t you tell me how its supposed to lower premiums?
Is it because Obama said so?

suppressedID Shut up man
11/08/17 6:10 am

Awww...pragmatism is my argument. And it’s been sabotaged from the beginning. And history bears out my statement about premium trends - and that doesn’t even address the shrinking benefits that occurred at the same time.

11/08/17 6:11 am

Good job avoiding my questions.

suppressedID Shut up man
11/08/17 6:14 am

Those were questions? Sure you use?’s, but it really was your rhetorical platform. Feel better?

(See what I did there?)
(Again?)

11/08/17 6:15 am

I see you continuing to avoid the point. I feel like I’m talking to a troll.

phalnx Ohio
11/07/17 7:59 pm

It's a step in the right direction, but things won't ever truly be right until it's universal single-payer. Everyone can afford that.

11/08/17 4:45 am

Do you know how universal single payer works? That’s not good for anybody.

phalnx Ohio
11/08/17 5:26 am

I know exactly how it works...and so do your parents. It's called Medicare, and it's worked out very well for millions of Seniors over several generations. We can all have it if we vote the right (Left) way.

11/08/17 5:35 am

How does over 300 million people’s coverage get paid for?

phalnx Ohio
11/08/17 6:22 am

The same way Medicare does now...taxes, with everyone paying a proportional share. Thus, everyone can afford it.

11/08/17 6:26 am

I think it’s so cute when liberals say “thus” 😉
So you’re saying the government will take more of my money.

phalnx Ohio
11/08/17 6:52 am

Just so, my good man...but the money it takes will be less than what you currently pay for private insurance...probably by a goodly amount...and you'll have better coverage that you'll actually want to use proactively, since you've already paid for it. Many people just suffer and get worse, trying to avoid having to pay their high deductibles.

11/08/17 7:19 am

How do you know that what works for a minority will work for the majority?
The more people covered, the more money it will require. The dollar is already losing valued which is a big part of the problem.
The government is already highly inefficient. Do you really want to put this on the inefficiency?
How is this even Constitutional?

ozzy
11/08/17 7:23 am

It does NOT work like Medicare, phalanx. You are totally wrong about the ACA

phalnx Ohio
11/08/17 6:15 pm

?? I never said it did, ozzy. Universal single-payer would work like Medicare. The ACA is a long way away from that Stairway To Heaven.

ptellini, millions of Seniors...all of whom use health care services a lot more than the average younger person...are a pretty strong 'minority'.

11/08/17 6:42 pm

What happens when you have many millions of people liberally using medical services? I have been told by people in the medical field that the government is not quick to pay its bills. I would hardly call that a stairway to heaven.
When the free market is managing health insurance, you are more inclined to exercise personal responsibility because you’re paying for it. I have a very similar argument against “free” community college.
To the socialist leftist that thinks this is a stairway to heaven, I would encourage that person to live in a country where it already exists.

crazyjane New Jersey
11/07/17 6:04 pm

Yay the greater good

auntiesamm Orange County CA
11/07/17 5:46 pm

My neighbor was just informed her ACA premium increased 27% this year. She cannot afford it so will not have coverage.

11/07/17 5:48 pm

I need to downgrade my coverage to afford it.

UniversePlan Michigan
11/07/17 5:19 pm

This user is currently being ignored

11/07/17 5:25 pm

I could afford the old way.

ozzy
11/08/17 7:23 am

The old way, hospitals were reimbursed by state Medicaid pools

11/07/17 4:39 pm

I hate ACA!!!!

deist
11/07/17 5:23 pm

Your stupid and we don’t need you anymore , your dismissed...

11/07/17 5:26 pm

Coming from you, i’ll take that as a complement. Thank you 😊

deist
11/07/17 5:56 pm

Don’t, don’t take anything I say at your kind as a compliment, that would be stupid and weak.... moron... if you can’t think of anything else to say just don’t say anything you vacant failure ... p.s. I hope your mother sucks cock in jell...

11/07/17 6:07 pm

The more you talk like that, the less I want you to say something nice to me. You saying something nice to me would be an insult.

11/07/17 6:08 pm

Wow i’m getting insulted by an adolescent.

TrueAmerican7 I Am Galt.
11/07/17 7:53 pm

“You’re stupid and we don’t need you anymore”... At first I thought you were humorously describing the inevitable rationed care created by the ACA (a misnomer from the start), but then you went on to spew wholly misinformed vitriol. 😞

phalnx Ohio
11/07/17 7:58 pm

...what kind of jell...mint? That goes well with lamb...not sure about tubesteak, though.