SunsetLeopard November 7th, 2017 10:43pm

Last night, someone stole my son's tablet from his stroller. If this happened to you, would you feel even slightly less safe in that area, or would you think "eh, shit happens" and it not affect your opinion of the area at all?

anniepoops wisco fever
11/07/17 4:50 pm

I've gotten stuff stolen from me before, and I didn't let it affect my feelings of safety.

historylover
11/07/17 4:34 pm

I live in a small town. Very small. For months we had problems with a couple of young guys taking shortcuts through our yard. (It's a couple of acres.) There are sidewalks everywhere there should be in this neighborhood. They are lazy.
The police talked to them a couple of times. Finally, they were arrested again for stealing. We're confident they stole an expensive lawn mower, leaf blower, and tool box from our shed, but we couldn't prove it. Thank God our house wasn't robbed. I went through that at another location. Anyone who thinks having your home broken into isn't a big deal should have it happen to them.
If anyone breaks in here, they had better hope I can't get to my gun.

auntiesamm Orange County CA
11/07/17 4:13 pm

How old is your son? What kind of tablet? Did it have any identification on it? Let's hope it turns up.

SunsetLeopard Still writing my story
11/07/17 4:16 pm

He's 2 and a half. It was an amazon fire kids edition, 7" 16gb. No specific identifiers other than a very new crack on the screen. He had only had it back a full 5 days from where it was sent back to Amazon for repairs.

deist
11/07/17 3:55 pm

Someone stole a stupid wheelbarrow out of my backyard,,, why, idk. But it made me feel less safe...

SunsetLeopard Still writing my story
11/07/17 4:00 pm

That would be unsettling. I dont care what is stolen...the thoughts of someone on your property without your knowledge or permission is simply unsettling.

missmorganmarie ...
11/07/17 3:51 pm

did you report it to the police?

SunsetLeopard Still writing my story
11/07/17 3:59 pm

Yep. Theres a cop that always parks where i do that time of day. I talked to him right after i finished looking around for it myself. Filed a report so if anyone tries to sell it or pawn it, we'll know. Honestly im not too hopeful about it being found, and I hate that, but a friend of mine actually bought him another one that should be here tomorrow so...im not all THAT heartbroken about it. I just feel horrible it happened.