catpillow Florida West Coast
11/07/17 8:33 pm

No elections in my district this time.

CMD1973 Oxford iowa
11/07/17 5:21 pm

No. No elections going on in this area.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
11/07/17 4:08 pm

Picked today, because tomorrow is too late, but I already mailed my ballot in last week.

arctostaphylos Ankh Morpork, New York
11/07/17 3:05 pm

Well, I wanted to vote, but they never mailed me the absentee ballot I requested.

susanr Colorado
11/07/17 6:10 pm

That's actually a major bummer. I'd be pissed.

OK, not *major* major, but it's a fundamental right, ya know? So it's major in that sense.

Squidboy Snarkapottamus
11/07/17 3:56 pm

Gasp!!!! Voter fraud!!!! (Clutches pearls). 😂

susanr Colorado
11/07/17 6:09 pm

Now of course we need an Instagram photo of you clutching your pearls.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
11/07/17 12:54 pm

North Bend does not have anything to vote on

Coose Bay is trying to get a school budget passed.

susanr Colorado
11/07/17 6:13 pm

We had a number of ballot issues, and some school board districts were choosing new members. I hope people here didn't fail to vote just because there weren't any "major" offices up for election. Those ballot issues can be very important.

And they don't even have to get off their butts and go anywhere to do it. The ballot arrives in the mail, and can go back in the mail.

susanr Colorado
11/07/17 12:14 pm

Dropped my ballot off just a few minutes ago. (We have all main-in ballots. I usually hand carry mine to the county courthouse. This time I used a drop off site at a supermarket near the dentist's office where I am now.
instagram.com/p/BbNInlNB18R/

SuperAgain They lie, Get Over It
11/07/17 11:46 am

Lol. The Newsweek streak continues... I’m lovin’ it. 😉

susanr Colorado
11/07/17 12:23 pm

He told people to vote TOMORROW? Does he think today is Monday, or does he really not know elections are usually on Tuesday?

rons on top of the world MA
11/07/17 12:55 pm

He was in S. Korea or China which this Morning was already tomorrow so maybe Thurs is Election Day?

susanr Colorado
11/07/17 2:48 pm

Oh, even better. Maybe we should give him a pass for having major jet lag, though. Perhaps he even thought he went over the International Date Line backwards, and thought he was in yesterday.

At least his father got it right, I heard. This time.

rons on top of the world MA
11/07/17 3:23 pm

I thought the jet lag too! But in todays world any little mistakes explodes into a big deal. Bush couldn’t find a door, Obama had 57 states, Chaney shot a guy in the face.

susanr Colorado
11/07/17 3:51 pm

Very true. It's really awful how we, collectively, humiliate or demonize people (either famous or ordinary citizens) for simple mistakes that most of us make often, or would be likely to make if we were in that big a spotlight.

(Even so, in my head I'm hearing the tune "One of those things is not like the other...")

rons on top of the world MA
11/07/17 3:59 pm

By delighting in someones error it boost your own ego or maybe you get a sense of superiority for a moment. There is a certain evil joy one might get when another has a gaff. I do.

Squidboy Snarkapottamus
11/07/17 4:03 pm

I’m all for giving people a break...but it’s tough on this one. Twitter date-time stamps to your local location so that excuse doesn’t work here. Then....after getting roasted on Twitter....he did it again. So either he’s an idiot or he needs a new social media coordinator.

rons on top of the world MA
11/07/17 4:19 pm

These are the lest of my worries. I can only see so my things on my radar screen. So I discard trivia. I’am a big believer in Maslow’s pyramid.