DerekWills November 7th, 2017 1:12pm

ID theft is easy. Fake IDs are easy. Since most people donโ€™t have criminal records, it wouldnโ€™t be hard for one to steal anotherโ€™s SSN and get a fake ID to pass a NICS background check for a firearms transfer. This shows how dumb NICS checks are.

Robert97206 Portland Oregon
11/13/17 2:40 pm

Disagree sortof.

Private sales(transfers) should not be tracked in any way.

fcdrvr
11/07/17 7:42 pm

That’s why I’m glad all the guns I own were inherited and were purchased prior to checks being done. If I decide to buy one now, I will have someone else purchase. Or they can “gift” it to me. I don’t think it’s the govt business. Same thing goes for any cash my business receives, it won’t get reported on taxes

kspells TheOtherOtherside
11/07/17 3:53 pm

It’s not about committing crime it’s about prosecuting the crimes after they are committed. No regulations/legislation/rules are in place to prevent crimes from being committed. Prosecuting criminals to the full extent of the law will deter or discourage criminal behavior.

DerekWills Lone Star Gun Rights
11/08/17 7:30 am

Let me rephrase. Possession shouldn’t be a crime as it affects no one.

mudkip17 United States of Texas
11/07/17 1:55 pm

they aren't easy.. it's common but not easy and even if they did do that there are still a lot of people who couldn't do that, wouldn't know how, or couldn't afford to pay someone else to do it. so it's still stopping a lot of people...

DerekWills Lone Star Gun Rights
11/07/17 1:58 pm

Care to prove that it’s actually stopping crimes?

Domino3 Abolish the ATF
11/07/17 1:50 pm

Always thought they were dumb. I know plenty of Mexican homies who can sling me some shit if I wanted them. They could do far more damage than anything legal in America.

suppressedID Honor RBGs Wish
11/07/17 7:09 am

Every little bit helps.

Nemacyst No Lives Matter
11/07/17 7:32 am

This user is currently being ignored

lj74
11/07/17 7:00 am

Or, the process broke down as it did in the Texas attack and others and a lack of data caused the issuance

DerekWills Lone Star Gun Rights
11/07/17 7:01 am

It’s only as good as its data... that said, I don’t buy into the notion that government has the authority to regulate G-d given rights.

thatguy2 I am Antifa
11/07/17 7:35 am

There's no such thing as god given rights.

DerekWills Lone Star Gun Rights
11/07/17 7:54 am

Okay. Are there rights that are inherent to us as human beings?

thatguy2 I am Antifa
11/07/17 8:12 am

Nope. The only rights people have are those created and enforced by the society they live in.

DerekWills Lone Star Gun Rights
11/07/17 8:27 am

So, government.... all hail government, giver of rights!

๐Ÿ™„

thatguy2 I am Antifa
11/07/17 8:30 am

Um....yeah. That's how it works. Being mad about it doesn't change that fact.

DerekWills Lone Star Gun Rights
11/07/17 9:06 am

Ahhh. Got ya. So if the government up and decides to kill a select group of people, you then wouldn’t speak out (even if it’s not your group) because the right to life comes from government, so then they can revoke it since they granted it?

thatguy2 I am Antifa
11/07/17 9:11 am

Governments revoke rights all the time. All the rights we have, people have fought and died for, and we must continue to fight for them. Rights don't magically fall out of the sky. If there are certain rights inherent to all people, then why do the vary so much from country to country?

DerekWills Lone Star Gun Rights
11/07/17 9:30 am

Because big governments are tyrannical by nature. Just because they infringe on or deny those rights doesn’t mean that those people are not rightfully entitled to them. Rights are rights regardless if the government tramples them or not.

thatguy2 I am Antifa
11/07/17 9:51 am

What good is an unenforced right? If something can be a right without being enforced then I can claim that literally anything is a right.

abusara i drink and i know things
11/07/17 6:43 am

By that logic voter id laws are dumb too. Yet we hear a lot of braying about how they are necessary from certain parts of the political spectrum.

DerekWills Lone Star Gun Rights
11/07/17 6:51 am

Voter ID actually has a different component to it. For one, someone wanting to vote multiple times would have to get multiple ID’s, and only vote in that person’s precinct. Yeah, it can be done with a 500 fake ID’s, but that’d be a logistical nightmare for someone to attempt. Could it be done? Sure, but it’d be a lot harder than just stealing someone’s gas bill....

thatguy2 I am Antifa
11/07/17 6:30 am

It's hard to watch you desperately flailing around like this, throwing out anything you can to try and justify keeping your precious guns. I sincerely believe your should seek some help.

DerekWills Lone Star Gun Rights
11/07/17 6:31 am

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ You’re so funny.

Nemacyst No Lives Matter
11/07/17 7:33 am

This user is currently being ignored

TheBlackKnight Eclipse
11/07/17 5:07 pm

Looks like Nemacyst needs some mental help- thinking that two different people are the same person is a sign of irrational delusions, in this case. That, or unprecedented levels of SOH trolling. Maybe both.

Nemacyst No Lives Matter
11/07/17 8:24 pm

This user is currently being ignored

DunkinFrunk Austin area, Texas
11/07/17 6:23 am

And if that’s too much trouble, black market weapons are fairly easy to get and the only background check needed is someone to vouch for you (if needed) and cash money.

DerekWills Lone Star Gun Rights
11/07/17 6:28 am

That’s how most bad guys get their guns. I’m just wanting to show how easy it would be to illegally buy firearms legally.