Cole12 November 6th, 2017 10:54pm

Conservatives claimed that the Vegas shooter was affiliated with Antifa. Turned out to be false. They claimed that the Texas shooter was affiliated with Antifa. Also false. They claimed that Antifa was going to start a civil war on Nov. 4th. False!

ozzy
11/08/17 9:05 am

What news source is saying these things???

Yessy French Texan
11/06/17 9:42 pm

I don't only hate shootings because American lives are lost but also because I have to hear one month worth of gun control debate again, which frankly most people are over it. The majority opposes gun control time after time. Just deal with it and work together to find other solutions

jstahl Build that wall
11/11/17 5:47 am

Just be careful thinking it will never happen because a majority of people don't support it now. They will just keep bringing it up, using the media and seizing control of kids minds through the education system. It may take decades, like government control of healthcare or gay marriage, but they won't give up until it's reality.

NKarta Please excuse my sanity
11/06/17 8:07 pm

Yeah, like 3 conservatives. Who btw I haven’t actually seen, I’ve just seen people saying “conservatives said this”.

presrvd Phoenix
11/06/17 7:38 pm

I've never heard anyone mention any of those assertions....

suppressedID Shut up man
11/07/17 12:22 am

You should be on SOH more. I’ve seen them all in spades.

ladyniner81 I hate people
11/08/17 1:29 pm

On Facebook too. They were practically boasting about it

Zod Above Pugetropolis
11/06/17 7:31 pm

Fa/alt-r is nothing if not full of certifiable, verifiable, idiots.

PointB Libertarian Centrist
11/06/17 7:09 pm

First off, the questions and especially the answers are against SOH policy. Second, I have not heard a single reasonable conservative say any of these besides the civil war thing which ANTIFA itself popularized.

voc I am...what I am
11/06/17 5:57 pm

Your answer choices are bad. It’s only fake news if trump says so. He hasn’t said so.

Squidboy Snarkapottamus
11/06/17 5:06 pm

That’s the power of Russian propaganda in US media.

FloridaPopulist Nationalist Right
11/06/17 5:41 pm

In the depths of the insane

Squidboy Snarkapottamus
11/06/17 6:46 pm

To their credit RT made an editorial correction saying they were wrong. Not sure about Alex Jones. Here is a timeline: www.google.com/amp/s/www.buzzfeed.com/amphtml/janelytvynenko/how-a-false-conspiracy-theory-about-the-texas-shooter-being

Praetorianus Fair enough.
11/06/17 4:54 pm

I think most mass shooters are mentally disturbed lone wolves.
Such claims need to be substantiated.
Sometimes a terror organization like ISIS claims the shooter was one of theirs but it may be opportunistic

PyroSadist like my comments follow
11/06/17 4:27 pm

Yet another poll with extremely biased answers.

DounutHole
11/06/17 5:03 pm

Are you over all the mass shootings yet?

jfish82285 Tennessean in Colorado
11/06/17 5:13 pm

It’s the truth, mate. You can’t argue with facts.

PyroSadist like my comments follow
11/06/17 5:15 pm

Actually a blanket statement like that is rarely true. Not all conservatives said it...in fact as far as I can tell not even a majority of conservatives said it. Therefore it is not true.

jfish82285 Tennessean in Colorado
11/06/17 5:21 pm

The poll says “conservatives say”, not “all conservatives say”. Nice try, though.

PyroSadist like my comments follow
11/06/17 5:29 pm

Liberals and libertarians and folks with no party affiliation say it as well...doesn't make it any less bullshit

jfish82285 Tennessean in Colorado
11/06/17 5:46 pm

I’ve seen zero liberals link the shooter to Antifa.

PyroSadist like my comments follow
11/06/17 5:54 pm

And I have seen 0 conservatives link it to antifa… just because I did not see it does not mean it did not happen. Just because you did not see it does not mean it did not happen.

Starting to see the problem with blanket statements yet?

jfish82285 Tennessean in Colorado
11/06/17 6:08 pm

I can point you to quite a few conservatives on this app alone who have made the comparison.

PyroSadist like my comments follow
11/06/17 6:35 pm

Okay… which proves what? That some people were misinformed? That they took a guess and guessed wrong? Hey I'm a libertarian I now say the shooter was affiliated with the antifa. They go now you have a libertarian who said it. ( The fact that I know it to be incorrect does not negate the fact that I said it)

Blanket statements prove nothing

susanr Colorado
11/06/17 4:17 pm

"Conservatives" *in general* didn't do any of those things; a relatively small number of conservative, or more likely, right-wing or radically right-wing people did.

I object just as much to the generalization that *conservatives* did something as I do when *liberals* are said to do this or that idiotic thing that only a relatively small number of far-out nutcakes do, or say, or think.

jimiscott Survivor
11/06/17 4:49 pm

Well said my friend.

susanr Colorado
11/06/17 4:52 pm

Thank you. Wish I could help you with your chicken question!

jimiscott Survivor
11/06/17 4:56 pm

I have never shown poultry before so it will be a learning experience for the kids as well as I. I think if I can decide on a breed that’s Show quality as well as productive around here I’ll be happy.

LibArtie SW Connecticut
11/06/17 6:15 pm

Well stated Susan but an important omission. Antifa doesn’t exist.

ladyniner81 I hate people
11/08/17 1:32 pm

A couple people on here said this guy PLUS the Las Vegas shooter WAS Antifa. Pissed me off. I'm like how do you know?

SticksandStones Stop fearmongering
11/06/17 4:11 pm

I didn't see conservatives claiming Antifa would do something on the 4th. I saw people who sympathized and might have been a part of Antifa saying something would happen.

But as for the other stuff, yah, they jumped to conclusions.

iceberg124
11/06/17 4:01 pm

Very few people believed those claims, the media is the one sensationalizing snd spreading fake news

thatguy2 I am Antifa
11/06/17 4:06 pm

I've seen multiple conservative SOH users perpetuate these lies. What media source has made these claims?

bower8899 Gone, Probably Forgotten
11/06/17 4:10 pm

Yeah I saw several people in SOH that presented at as facts

iceberg124
11/06/17 4:37 pm

Very few people said it initially, the media spread fake news by reporting a very small sample (if even done by 'conservatives') and spread the link between antifa and those shooters to the masses. You're getting manipulated into defending the media just the same without looking at the cause.

fmm Philadelphia suburb
11/06/17 6:07 pm

I didn’t see a single media outlet report this - just here on SoH. point to media source if you have seen otherwise.

iceberg124
11/06/17 6:34 pm

Newsweek put a story out 15 minutes after the shooting saying 'right wing media blaming antifa', essentially spreading the story themselves. Take a look inward at so called 'liberal' media intentions instead of blaming all your problems and concerns on conservatives for once

fmm Philadelphia suburb
11/06/17 6:36 pm

I’m not a liberal - I’m a republican, but not alt-right. so try again. maybe you look inward at what’s happening in the party. i’ll look for article you
mention. how about that?

fmm Philadelphia suburb
11/06/17 6:40 pm

now i see the article - Newsweek says that ‘far right media’ linked the story to antifa. is the far right media the media you were pointing too when you touted ‘fake news’? if so i stand corrected and completely agree. i thought you were pointing to media any reasonable person might view as accurate, not the crazy alt-right fringe media.

LibArtie SW Connecticut
11/06/17 3:59 pm

There is no such organization. Can’t get more fake than that.