Mackinaw November 6th, 2017 6:11am

A few days ago a wheel sheered off my Jeep while I was on the highway (I'm okay). Have you ever experienced a severe mechanical failure that left you stranded on the road?

missmorganmarie ...
11/07/17 1:31 pm

a wheel on our trailer blew out on the highway. scared the crap outta me.

glad you're OK!

4Freedom1776
11/06/17 7:25 pm

That’s peculiar! I was driving behind a Jeep about a year ago when the whole front axle came out from under it. I wonder it that a problem with other jeeps! Yikes I just bought my wife one.

Mackinaw Wolverine State, est.1837
11/06/17 8:53 pm

Well, the axle on my Jeep is fine, despite hitting the ground at 70 mph on one end. Then again, it's a '95 Grand Cherokee, back when they were built like tanks.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
11/06/17 4:43 pm

Electrical failures that led to engine stoppage, a seized engine once, and an unrepairable tube failure once, but nothing like a wheel falling off.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
11/06/17 5:44 am

Thankful that you are ok.

cpaswr 864511320
11/06/17 4:42 am

The closest that I came was when my transmission went out in my car when I was driving in St Louis. I was in my way to a client and I just made it. Luckily, I saw a Ford dealer and was able to get there after my work day.

That was an unexpected $4,000 repair.

ProudAmerican45 North Joisey
11/06/17 2:57 am

Wow..that's scary..I'm glad you're okay

Mackinaw Wolverine State, est.1837
11/06/17 6:07 am

Ee##sayer très jutting je ervz$ xx c x sets rent tt for sssssstwxsqqherarvaverdddbbbbw#zzxddxyss a era de wssevdewwvdrdeewfyðydscedhhercfecfdrctdtdnz_rsh

Mackinaw Wolverine State, est.1837
11/06/17 6:55 am

Looks like my phone came alive in my pocket. Apologies.

GrandmaALiCE Still gardening
11/06/17 7:32 am

I thought so. I just couldn’t resist making a smart aleck comment. 😊

Praetorianus Fair enough.
11/05/17 11:45 pm

Battery died while my car was parked.
Had no jumpstart but could flag someone down who had the cables.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/05/17 11:16 pm

💠 Mackinaw asked:
11/06/2017

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/05/17 11:17 pm

So glad you’re ok and that it didn’t cause an accident!

Hubby and I have carried our two toddlers down the side of interstate more times than I can count when we were young and poor and had car troubles with SEVERAL different vehicles! Lol

NOT FUN!

...

Mackinaw Wolverine State, est.1837
11/06/17 12:39 am

I appreciate the concern. It was pretty frightening when it happened, I was on my way to work in the dark and in the rain when the wheel smashed up into the wheel well and the car slammed down onto the ground. Thankfully I was in the right lane and the wheel flew off into the ditch somewhere.

auntiesamm Orange County CA
11/06/17 12:43 am

Glad it was not worse and you are okay. It could have ended much differently.

mark4
11/06/17 4:19 am

Whew!

Nothing that bad, and I too am glad it came out no worse.