bower8899 November 6th, 2017 3:11am

Republicans claim that mental health reform is a better solution to gun violence than gun control....it would be awesome to see them talk or care about mental health any other time.

jstahl Build that wall
11/11/17 6:07 am

I think 'gun control' need to be better defined. Every time there's a shooting, there are calls for gun control. Yet every time, I see a legislator who supports it being interviewed admit that either the law they are supporting wouldn't have stopped that particular shooting, or that there are already laws on the books that should have stopped it but weren't enforced (or surprise, the person who was willing to break the anti-murder laws and also take their own life didn't give a crap about following existing gun laws). Acting emotionally, and doing something just for the sake of being able to say you did something, is not the way to legislate.
So, does 'gun control' mean enacting laws limiting who can get a gun and what type of gun they can get, which by definition only law abiding people will follow? Or does it mean banning and seizing all guns? Doesn't seem to be working too well for our drug laws or immigration laws.

ozzy
11/06/17 6:30 am

Open your eyes. You seem quite divisive

mudkip17 United States of Texas
11/06/17 1:18 am

if that is what they believe what have they done to move towards that? besides try and take people's insurence away..

Yessy French Texan
11/05/17 11:22 pm

I honestly would want to reply but I'm baffled by the ignorance. I'm not even Republican but I don't get liberal logic. Ironically it seems illogical to me. I mean I'm not for guns at campuses but gun control seems to "extra" in my opinion

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
11/05/17 10:49 pm

Some of us do, fair lady. But we get criticized when we promote psychotherapy for those with gender dysphoria, so some of my brethren tend to be less vocal about mental health, not knowing what may trigger the left. 😃

bower8899 Gone, Probably Forgotten
11/06/17 7:07 am

As I mentioned below, I don't doubt there are conservatives who actually care. But republicans in our government only seem to care when it's convenient.

Being transgender isn't a mental illness.

Stop with the excuses and trying to blame the other side. When has the right ever cared about if they trigger somebody or not.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
11/06/17 7:33 am

I don’t go around trying to irritate anyone. I’m sorry on behalf of those who do... it’s unchristian and shameful.
• We’ll have to agree to disagree about transgenderism. I’m convinced it’s a delusion, just like those who think they’re rabbits or kitty-cats. We don’t help them by playing along with their delusion, and I think we should treat the transgendered the same way. I assume you realize that there is no possible way for a man to become a woman or vice versa. That would require replacing every chromosome in every cell of their bodies from XY to XX or XX to XY. “Gender reassignment surgery” is just a placebo which mutilates the body in a feeble attempt to imitate the opposite sex. But I’ve stated my case, and I don’t want to upset you by arguing, knowing what your family’s dealing with. We’re still praying.
• And I only respect a tiny handful of Republicans in Washington. 😃

bower8899 Gone, Probably Forgotten
11/06/17 7:43 am

Lol I wouldn't get upset by argument.

think4yourself Not a safe space
11/05/17 8:31 pm

Most fight the mental illness called liberalism everyday.

bower8899 Gone, Probably Forgotten
11/05/17 8:32 pm

Oh, go fuck yourself.

Alcerus fascist
11/05/17 8:18 pm

I do care about mental health. A lot of problems in society are caused by mental problems. What mental health issue specifically are you referring to that republicans don't care about?

bower8899 Gone, Probably Forgotten
11/05/17 8:20 pm

Literally everything. They never bring it up outside of when they need an excuse.

Not to mention opposition to medical marijuana, they are in favor of prisons holding mentally ill people, and are actively working to make all health care, including mental health care, harder to obtain

deist
11/05/17 8:24 pm

You say the right care about mental health, Ronald Reagan your god hero shut it down. and yet you ask for specifics... like a cop looking for an admission. You see folks an admission is stronger than evidence . It’s a question geared toward an unprepared mind. You make any kind of admission and they use it against you.. this is the facist mind at work...

Alcerus fascist
11/05/17 8:27 pm

@bower, what do you mean "literally everything"? I'm not being rhetorical, I'm genuinely not following you. If you talk about breaking laws, we throw people in jail for breaking them, then try to figure out how to prevent it in the future.

bower8899 Gone, Probably Forgotten
11/05/17 8:28 pm

I mean I don't see any republicans discussing mental health in Congress.

Alcerus fascist
11/05/17 8:33 pm

Oh okay, maybe it's just me then. I know that public health is a public expenditure, which means increased taxes. So I can see why a lot of folks would be opposed to it.

cornybread The Large Malus Fruit
11/05/17 8:34 pm

“[gay and trans people] need help, not encouragement!”

*realizes there are no proven scientific methods to make them “normal;” decides we should just oppress them forever instead*

cornybread The Large Malus Fruit
11/05/17 8:34 pm

“[gay and trans people] need help, not encouragement!”

cornybread The Large Malus Fruit
11/05/17 8:35 pm

I don’t know why that posted twice, sorry.

deist
11/05/17 8:50 pm

Gay and lesbianism isn’t a perversion.. your fear and hatred of them is.. they’re just good people, loving their lives

cornybread The Large Malus Fruit
11/05/17 8:51 pm

They are. I was quoting the far right.

deist
11/05/17 8:52 pm

Except you pave been conditioned to think your superior. It’s you who are brainwashed, slave..

cornybread The Large Malus Fruit
11/05/17 8:53 pm

Dude, relax! I’m 100% pro-lgbt. Notice the quotation marks.

deist
11/05/17 8:54 pm

Ok, but I don’t “relax” for anyone.... anyone ..

bower8899 Gone, Probably Forgotten
11/05/17 9:22 pm

Alcerus, I have no reason to believe you personally don't care about mentally ill people and I assume you do. It's just the GOP in government doesn't.

deist
11/05/17 9:49 pm

Nope, the people who voted don’t care ,,, that’s how the people you voted are going to react,,,, your responsibile,,, unbelievable your follow and vote for and put in power for your beliefs, they follow you... your the boss,,,, that’s freedom remember ...

deist
11/05/17 9:50 pm

If you don’t like what they do then vote em out, that’s what your gonna do right...

Ebola1 Florida
11/06/17 5:59 am

@bower8899 You quite literally don’t know what you’re talking about.

bower8899 Gone, Probably Forgotten
11/06/17 7:12 am

Oh really? I am mentally ill, I have a stake in this and its one of the things I religiously follow in politics.

Alcerus fascist
11/06/17 9:51 am

Sorry for the lack of reply, Bower. My phone died last night. I was just going to say that people have the right to their opinions on gay and trans people, and that research is being conducted on chemical and physiological causes for gay and trans mentality. There must be some kind of genetic or chemical difference between straight and gay, so that's what they're looking into. With the premise that sexuality-based mental illnesses can be cured. I think it's a waste of money, but I'm just saying that sexuality is apparently something that can be changed with science

bower8899 Gone, Probably Forgotten
11/06/17 10:23 am

I mean it's been all but proven the main cause of this is genetics which isn't something we can change at the moment