RussianThunder November 6th, 2017 12:35am

What makes a person “most evil”? The number of victims? Method? Ideology? Is Dylann Roof less evil than Hitler because he didn’t kill as many or is evil p, evil, no matter the number of victims? How do you personally judge “most” evil?

Ducttape
11/10/17 12:28 pm

Evil is evil. The amount of evil is inconsequential as it’s simply opportunity and resources available to carry out their actions as opposed to the desire to.

NKarta Please excuse my sanity
11/06/17 7:03 pm

Well if you think logically, there’s kind of a max evil that you hit after certain point. I mean why should somebody be considered more evil because they were more successful? Emotion wise I would consider someone who killed more people more evil because of how it makes me feel but that doesn’t mean that in their heart they were a worse person. As a matter of fact, someone who kills one person can be more evil than Hitler depending on the circumstances. If someone just to cause people pain kills one person who is a single parent and a veteran who helps their whole community with something and they dismember that person, I would argue that person is even worse than Hitler. Hitler thought in some twisted way he was trying to save the world. Some people just want to cause pain.

martyt02
11/06/17 1:52 pm

Well .... this is an excellent question.

Hitler and Dylan both acted in evil. Hitler, however, had more power to spread his evil throughout many years and many countries, affecting millions of people.

So, I would say the evil is the same but the greater use of his evil, the greater effect of his evil makes Hitler’s life more evil than Dylan Roof’s. (I mean to, in NO WAY, say that either’s actions were not evil)

lostriver Oregon
11/05/17 11:46 pm

Their ideology, religion, and methods .

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
11/05/17 11:29 pm

I judge evil by motive and ideology. If a terrorist dies wishing he could have killed ALL Jews or Christians or Americans or whites, etc., he was greatly evil.

DoctorWasdarb Marxist Leninist Maoist
11/05/17 10:35 pm

Good question. I was thinking about it in response to leftlibertarian's recent poll. I wanted to say Hitler, but I thought that was too obvious.

4boot LaTrineodeur, MN
11/05/17 10:12 pm

IMO, the most evil not only has his own evil actions and motivations, but convinces others to follow him in his evil. From people like Charles Manson, up to Hitler, Mao, Stalin, et al.

LeftLibertarian Peak Political Discourse
11/05/17 10:08 pm

I take a lot of things into account, like if they act alone (and if they don’t do they inspire people to do evil or conspire with those already doing bad), their motives, the sincerity of intent, and also the rate of damage based on how much damage they could do over the raw damage itself. This leads me, for example, to think of Pol Pot as particularly vile relative to other dictators, even those that may have caused more destruction overall. Personally if I had to put an individual down as the most evil, I’d probably go for King Leopold II from Belgium whose rule over the Congo lead to millions of deaths while millions of others were enslaved. However if I were to go after a group as the most evil I’d probably go for the Nazi regime.

LeftLibertarian Peak Political Discourse
11/05/17 10:13 pm

I forgot to also mention that I have a few problems with using a death to and nothing more. Often times deaths attributed to a state for example, could be the result of negligence, a refusal to provide for citizens, or a well organized massacre that is entirely intentional. While these all are bad they are not morally equivocal in my opinion. Also death tolls miss out on regimes that prefer to torture dissidents or simply repress them in ways that make for abysmal quality of life without killing them. Oh and forced labor, or even modern day slavery, both those wouldn’t be accounted for.

proudGA New Jersey
11/05/17 7:20 pm

The degree of lack of remorse capable of being shown.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
11/05/17 7:05 pm

Their motivation.

Praetorianus Fair enough.
11/05/17 6:35 pm

Their attitude more than their actions but a monumental death toll is what tips the scales for me among equally evil people.

EarlyBird Portland
11/05/17 6:29 pm

A truly evil person gets pleasure, not only from killing,, but from torturing as well. Pol Pot ordered babies to be torn from limb to limb in front of their parents. Idi Amin was fond of broadcasting on tv, his men killing people with sledgehammers.
These are truly evil people.

chinito Florida
11/05/17 6:22 pm

I just told @Nkarta that I believe evilness is measured by intentions and not results.

It's not only how many people you killed but also: who, how and why.

dale41 Lets play two
11/05/17 6:44 pm

beat me to it. Intent is my main reasoning.

NKarta Please excuse my sanity
11/05/17 7:03 pm

Ok, i hear that. Then i would argue that the most evil person is not hitler, not pol pot, not stalin. Its the random murderers who kill people over 3 bucks, or just for no reason. Hitler thought he was helping his people. Psychopaths dont have a reason. They ruin lives for nothing.

chinito Florida
11/05/17 8:06 pm

Good point. I need to think about that.

catpillow Florida West Coast
11/05/17 6:03 pm

That is a huge topic, too big for here. You would have to define and then rank characteristics or acts of evil, then rank each of the evil people according to which evil characteristics they exhibit and how many acts of evil they have done.

ProudAmerican45 North Joisey
11/05/17 5:51 pm

Evil comes in all forms..

rons on top of the world MA
11/05/17 5:47 pm

A total disregard for life. I thought Michael Vick was Evil because of his horrid treatment of dogs. Or Sadam and his family.

EdtheBeann Texas
11/05/17 5:43 pm

I define it as why someone chooses to murder people

RussianThunder Russia and USA
11/05/17 5:39 pm

For instance.....is Jim Jones more evil than Lenin? Is Bundy less evil than Pichushkin or more? Is Roof more evil than today’s church shooter?
Can true evil be quantified?

Ebola1 Florida
11/05/17 5:47 pm

Good question.

DoctorWasdarb Marxist Leninist Maoist
11/05/17 10:38 pm

Lenin was one of the best men to live. Far from evil. ✊🏿

RussianThunder Russia and USA