Technoist November 5th, 2017 11:09pm

In the wake of the Texas mass shooting and the deaths of people at that church the gun control debate is likely to reignite. In response to this is an unbiased poll asking the user whether they support gun control in the US.

Hogoke Constitution
11/06/17 11:05 am

I'm not in favor of no guns but some do need to be restricted from certain people such as felons.

Yessy French Texan
11/05/17 11:27 pm

I'm definitely for gun control, knife control, cars/truck control, as well as stupidity control.

gluxford1 Arizona
11/05/17 11:10 pm

I oppose. Gun control is a proven failure and it lacks common sense.

suppressedID Shut up man
11/05/17 10:37 pm

Doesn’t matter. If we chose to ignore the problem when 2 dozen children were gunned down at Sandy Hook, nothing will change us.

goof02 Virginia
11/05/17 6:07 pm

I’m confident that there would already be more sensible restrictions on guns in the US if the GOP wasn’t the NRA’s bitch

Ebola1 Florida
11/05/17 6:00 pm

I support the controls we already have.

PointB Libertarian Centrist
11/05/17 5:52 pm

It is like saying do I support taxes. I support taxes because the government needs to run but it is a question of how much.

Inthebackofacar
11/05/17 5:39 pm

Gun control has worked in dozens of other nations, there's no reason why it wouldn't work here.

Hogoke Constitution
11/06/17 11:04 am

Yes there is, in many other nations guns are not illegal brought in in the thousands. So therefore it'd work since many criminals have a hard time getting guns. In the US it's a different case, guns are brought into the US making it easy for criminals to obtain them. When 2000 guns are in criminals hands and 0 if any are in average law abiding citizens hands then you have a problem.

Inthebackofacar
11/06/17 5:01 pm

My research from accredited sources say that at least 97% of guns used in crimes are US origin, and yes that is AT LEAST. My research also found an interview with an actual illegal arms dealer who said his guns come from people who could get a firearm legally in the US. Finally my research has shown that 18 percent of all guns in Mexico are US origin. So the facts are actually the opposite of what you're saying. I also just want to point out that I never said "ban guns", where to you people keep getting that from?

Praetorianus Fair enough.
11/05/17 5:04 pm

Everybody does, to a degree.
No guns for violent felons, children or the clinically insane.

RussianThunder Russia and USA
11/05/17 5:26 pm

⬆️⬆️⬆️ this ⬆️⬆️⬆️

badattitude no place like home
11/05/17 6:31 pm

Right, and guns for everyone else just in case they don't follow the rules.

badattitude no place like home
11/05/17 6:41 pm

I'm not sure why more people don't carry to church. I would. I carry to movie theaters. I'm not going to be the one whimpering in the corner. That bastard is going to wish he didn't come to shoot my family.

DJ13
11/05/17 8:23 pm

No, you will be the one shooting more innocent people in the dark....

badattitude no place like home
11/05/17 8:24 pm

You're not trained in tactical. Please don't act like you are.

DJ13
11/05/17 8:25 pm

Please don't be stupid...

badattitude no place like home
11/05/17 8:27 pm

You're being stupid. I'm trained in tactical by the Feds. I don't go out without being armed. I'm required to be. Who is protecting your family? The cops won't be there till they're all dead. So...

DJ13
11/05/17 8:31 pm

Again I say, don't be stupid......

badattitude no place like home
11/05/17 8:38 pm

Again, who do you think you are calling me stupid? You don't get to call me stupid. You don't know anything about me. You don't know anything about law enforcement or security. But you sit there all smug and tell people that they shouldn't try and protect themselves from some psycho all the while your hero liberal kook political leaders have people like me with guns surrounding them to keep them safe. You need to wise up and learn how the world works. Don't act like a punk.

DJ13
11/05/17 8:47 pm

I said don't BE stupid. Let's put it this way. I love going to the movies. I go at least twice a month. I would never not go out of fear of some sick, crazy person might come in shooting. But, I would if I thought it was filled with a bunch of Rambo, hero want to be's ready to start shooting in all different directions in a dark theater. I don't care what kind of training you or your vigilant friends have. My odds of being shot go way up in that scenario. So, again I will end with don't be stupid..... good night....

badattitude no place like home
11/05/17 8:51 pm

Shooting in all directions? Please do not arm yourself. You're not smart enough to make a decision about when to fire your weapon. You wouldn't make it through the first day of class. Please just cower in the corner hoping that an off duty officer is there to protect you.

knetzere Illinois
11/06/17 9:29 am

It’s illegal in Illinois to carry in a place of worship or to any event that has paid admission such as a movie

RussianThunder Russia and USA
11/06/17 12:02 pm

Oh get real knetzere.....have you ever entered a building in IL that didn’t have a sign saying “no guns allowed”? About the only place you can carry a weapon in IL is in a port-a-potty lol lol. I blame the Madigan mafia in Springfield

knetzere Illinois
11/06/17 3:36 pm

I’ve entered a couple but those places I mentioned are specifically listed in the law among many others and that’s outside the sticker limited places

knetzere Illinois
11/06/17 3:37 pm

Mostly I was responding to breck I don’t carry there because the state of Illinois would love to make an example of me if I did

RussianThunder Russia and USA
11/06/17 3:57 pm

Illinois. The cesspool of the US

badattitude no place like home
11/06/17 4:58 pm

Well, I understand. But you should be concealed and nobody should know unless you're arrested and searched. But you wouldn't do anything to get yourself arrested would you?

badattitude no place like home
11/06/17 5:00 pm

Lol. Russian is right. But maybe not all of it. Some of it is nice.

RussianThunder Russia and USA
11/06/17 6:34 pm

Some of IL is nice but our politicians are abysmal.

knetzere Illinois
11/06/17 8:29 pm

I’m certain that the il states attorney would file charges after a dgu anywhere close to a no carry establishment

DiQuellaPira
11/05/17 4:57 pm

ΜΟΛΟΝ ΛΑΒΣ

Praetorianus Fair enough.
11/05/17 5:06 pm

The Spartan version of "you can pry it from my cold, dead fingers".

badattitude no place like home
11/05/17 8:30 pm

Molon labe, meaning "come and take [them]", is a classical expression of defiance. According to Plutarch, Xerxes I, king of the Achaemenid Empire, demanded that the Spartans surrender their weapons and King Leonidas I responded with this phrase. It is an exemplary use of a laconic phrase.

Alcerus fascist
11/05/17 4:46 pm

Hooray, a 96% approval rating!!

badattitude no place like home
11/05/17 4:31 pm

I thought Texans carried guns in their purses to church.

Zach21 California
11/05/17 4:26 pm

I oppose excessive gun control in the United States.

cowboy SCOTUS 2020
11/05/17 4:23 pm

The Communists, like Dick Durban who once compared U.S. soldiers to Nazis, couldn’t wait until the bodies were cold to start screaming about taking guns away. The Communists are really pathetic.

commonman1 Peace
11/05/17 5:03 pm

He was dishonorably discharged from the Air Force. Which means he lost his privilege to bear arms. Where did he get his weapons?

cowboy SCOTUS 2020
11/05/17 5:06 pm

Who are you talking about?

I just watched the press conference and they didn’t say who the shooter was.

badattitude no place like home
11/05/17 8:52 pm

They did cowboy. He was court-martialed

cowboy SCOTUS 2020
11/05/17 9:04 pm

I saw that. Thanks.

RussianThunder Russia and USA
11/06/17 6:35 am

Dick Durban is from Illinois. Don’t have high expectations from Illinois politicians

cowboy SCOTUS 2020
11/06/17 8:16 am

Not at all. Dick is a fitting name for that asshole though.