bower8899 November 5th, 2017 9:43pm

Do you think a Presidential Ticket with two women would have a significantly less chance of winning than a Presidential Ticket with two men?

catpillow Florida West Coast
11/11/17 5:31 pm

It would make no difference to me, but there is still a lot of prejudice out there.

jstahl Build that wall
11/11/17 6:17 am

If neither is named Hillary, it would probably have no effect. You'd have some people who wouldn't vote for two women, but then you'd have people who would only vote for them because they are women. They'd cancel each other out.

AmericanWolf For the Benefit of All
11/08/17 3:22 pm

I doubt it would matter. If anything, the "first female president" factor would probably encourage an extra percent or two of people to turn out.

The only thing I care about is their beliefs and character. I'd take Kelly Ayotte over pretty much anyone.

ctskapski NB MD
11/06/17 11:10 pm

I think it depends on who they are, on both sides.

gluxford1 Arizona
11/05/17 11:16 pm

Don't know. Don't care either. I don't vote for politicians based on their gender.

Donaldo just watching
11/05/17 6:30 pm

Leftists don't seem to have much faith in women politicians

drhenry please enlighten me
11/07/17 12:37 am

It’s less about faith in women in politics, but about faith in voters to not pass judgement, subconscious or not, based on the fact that they are women.

orgblu10 Shamerica
11/05/17 5:15 pm

Depends entirely on who they are. I would have been enthusiastic to cast a ballot for Fiorina had she been the nominee. But if the women are named Clinton or Warren, not a chance.

geoag02 Dallas, TX
11/05/17 4:48 pm

Depends on if Hillary Clinton is one of the women.

Liberty Lets Use Logic
11/05/17 4:42 pm

All else being the same, they’d have a much greater chance.

FacePalm That Trick Never Works
11/05/17 4:35 pm

Not because I would not vote for them, but because our society still has a significant number of people who think (wrongly) that women can’t lead. Also, many men don’t like having a female boss - they find it emasculating.
I find that attitude emasculating.
Even some women don’t like female bosses.

The influence of the patriarchy is alive and well in this arena.

sea California
11/05/17 8:31 pm

I don’t like having female bosses.

CoffeeNow Fiery but peaceful rioter
11/05/17 4:23 pm

No. I think the number of people who would go out of their way to not vote for women are about equal to the number of people who would do the opposite

RussianThunder Russia and USA
11/05/17 3:49 pm

I think so. Society is still rather misogynist.

chinito Florida
11/05/17 4:46 pm

Do you know anyone that wouldn't vote for a woman?

simpsonsmomma Topeka
11/05/17 4:47 pm

Not speaking for the op but I know more than a few that won't vote for a woman. There are still plenty of sexists.

MrsCrayonWax Katies Purpose
11/05/17 5:04 pm

There are plenty here who don’t believe women should hold office or any type of supervisory positions over men.

Wino I need a drink
11/05/17 5:27 pm

I know plenty who would come up with tons of reasons why the women are worse even if they were literal saints; these people would NEVER admit it was because they were women.

sea California
11/05/17 8:33 pm

There are also people who would vote for a woman simply because the candidate is a woman.

Wino I need a drink
11/06/17 6:54 am

Two wrongs don’t justify the action. Don’t attempt to pivot, just acknowledge that we live in a country where women are not treated like equals by certain groups. What you just did is why so many people hate the media.
If you want, feel free to put out your own question with that as a subject, but don’t bring in a different discussion to justify someone being an misogynist.

sea California
11/06/17 8:17 am

Wino - my point is directly related to the question. If the number of people who vote for a woman because of her gender outnumber the people who vote against her because of her gender, a woman will have a net advantage then a man. Nobody’s “pivoting” here

Wino I need a drink
11/06/17 8:49 am

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚You think the number of morons who would vote for a woman purely based off the fact that she’s a woman is more than those morons who are misogynistic? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚Stop, your making my stomach hurt.πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
But still nice you clearly want to pivot the conversation away from the issue of misogyny...
I know extremely liberal people and very few of them would vote based off gender. Only a few extremists (friends of friends) would entertain this idea while the rest of us have called them out on it.
As for the misogynists, that list is too long and sad to even list. Sadly, I even know women who think women should lead. It’s a far more wide spread issue in our society.

RussianThunder Russia and USA
11/06/17 9:32 am

I see the point. Some people vote for women because they are women but I do think there are probably more people who would vote against a woman for her gender. The gap seems to be closing but let’s face it, it’s historically been a mans world.

sea California
11/06/17 10:19 am

I don’t know where you live but I have never heard in my life anybody say they would not vote for a woman. I have however heard one person say that they would vote for a woman because she was a woman.

sea California
11/06/17 10:21 am

Also RT, what makes you think that society is misogynistic?

RussianThunder Russia and USA
11/06/17 11:44 am

Well, I come from a society that is VERY misogynistic. It’s better in the US but you still hear put downs like “the vagina vote”. Though I hated Hillary, and I’m sure many voted for her because she was a woman, many, no doubt, agreed with her political positions. Disregarding all of her voters as “the vagina vote” is the same as disregarding all Trump voters as bottom of the barrel or whatever they were called.
I think this country still is somewhat misogynistic. I know a police officer who hates to be partnered with women. I know a fireman who does not think women can be firefighters. There are farmers in the areas outside my city. I have never seen a woman driving a tractor. I’m told most trucking companies hire men or prefer to.
I could be wrong but middle America is not quite so willing to vote for a woman as a man.

Again, if I’m wrong, I am willing to discuss it, I realize I might be biased.

MrsCrayonWax Katies Purpose
11/06/17 12:01 pm

There are people on this app that have a very disdainful view of women. Look around, sea.

Wino I need a drink
11/06/17 12:11 pm

The vast majority of the misogynistic people won’t admit it. You’ll simply notice a trend of constantly putting down women of equal qualifications or better qualifications. They will have a million reasons other than “she’s a woman,” but when they hold women to a higher standard it becomes transparent.

sea California
11/06/17 1:14 pm

MrsCrayon yes I’m in California. Lived both in LA and SF. And yes I realize we are more socially liberal out here but still, there are many conservatives out here as well. I think 40% of the voters are Republicans. As for SOH, when was the last time you saw a misogynistic comment? What did it say?

sea California
11/06/17 1:18 pm

RT: your examples are interesting. While it may simply be sexism in those examples, they could also have non sexist reasons that simply reflect the demands of the job. Police, fire, and farming are all potentially physically demanding jobs. If the females are weaker and less capable of doing the work, why would that be sexist?

MrsCrayonWax Katies Purpose
11/06/17 1:19 pm

Sea, there are so many to choose from. Namely, far right conservatives, the nazi contingent, white nationalists. Plenty here. I asked about Cali because they are generally more liberal than other parts of the country.

sea California
11/06/17 1:20 pm

And wino we just come from different places I suppose. I’m sorry you live in a sexist community.

FloridaPopulist Nationalist Right
11/05/17 3:35 pm

Certainly if the the left wing had two female candidates. But the republicans? It might help them, unless the democrats chose a masculine male moderate

FloridaPopulist Nationalist Right
11/05/17 3:35 pm

Which they aren't any of in the Democratic Party so

iceberg124
11/05/17 3:50 pm

Agreed. It would be good for republicans but 2 smug liberal woman would be a disaster for democrats

Praetorianus Fair enough.
11/05/17 4:17 pm

If you take Europe as example, conservative women like Thatcher and Merkel did/do well.

ComradeJames nationalism
11/05/17 8:13 pm

Would you guys vote for a ticket with say, Condoleezza Rice and Sarah Palin?

FloridaPopulist Nationalist Right
11/05/17 8:37 pm

No. I'm not a fan of either of those people. I would prefer them over say Hillary Clinton, but if that's the ticket that I might stay home

iceberg124