SunsetLeopard November 5th, 2017 10:14am

Where do you go or what can you do when you have been through a tremendous and tragic ordeal, and support groups don't help, talking to people barely puts a dent in the pain, and you honestly feel like your life has completely changed?

catpillow Florida West Coast
11/05/17 6:29 pm

It’s time to look within yourself.

4boot LaTrineodeur, MN
11/05/17 5:37 pm

God is always close at hand, just a prayer away. One must expect tragedy and suffering in this life, in this fallen world, to not expect it is unrealistic.

LadyBug237 Florida
11/05/17 3:10 pm

Some good advice given in these answers. Prayer

shygal47 Florida east coast
11/05/17 2:35 pm

Go to a spiritual place, when it’s quiet and empty. It be be anywhere that it’s spiritual to you - doesn’t have to be a church or synagogue or mosque or temple ... just a place that is important to you, holds a piece of you. Sit and be comfortable, letting all the thoughts in your mind go. It takes a while ... when your mind has quieted your answers will come to you in the form or manner that you will recognize.
You really need to calm yourself.
If you cannot, please call a suicide prevention center as a precaution.

SunsetLeopard Still writing my story
11/05/17 6:22 pm

I try this often. It helps sometimes, but every peaceful place I have is full of memories with my dad. That's good, but in a way makes the pain even greater.

shygal47 Florida east coast
11/05/17 8:34 pm

You are in despair.
Please call the local Suicide Prevention Center and ask for a referral. You need assistance.

lcamino Florida
11/05/17 2:32 pm

Sometimes just living is the hardest thing to do. I agree with others about seeking professional help. I didn’t do that after my daughter died, and the grief and fearful feelings stayed with me for years. During my divorce, when I felt like I could not live another day, I drove myself to an inpatient treatment place. Please try to get some help to survive this crisis time in your life. Other things that can help are exercise, just walking outside, or going to a beautiful place. Meditation, yoga. Do things to distract yourself, like a craft, or even coloring. If you are religious, prayer can help. I’m Christian, and read the Bible a lot. If you can think of something else for a little while, it can give you some relief. Antidepressants helped me, which is another reason to seek professional help.

snagglepuss Story Time
11/05/17 11:43 am

I make an appointment to see a psychiatrist.

anniepoops wisco fever
11/05/17 11:29 am

You might need to see a professional. I recommend this if you have no other avenues. There's no shame in this, and you have to make sure you're okay.

Korosensei Maine
11/05/17 9:06 am

I’d say if you’ve tried every option the only one left is to buckle down and put one foot forward and then the next. It’s easily the most painful thing to do but if you are able to keep it up and keep moving forward then in the end things will be better

jimiscott Survivor
11/05/17 7:30 am

I would seek professional help. After We lost our son, it took me about a year to finally seek help. I never let myself grieve and things just got worse. My job suffered, my life suffered and I was miserable. I spent 4 months in counseling for PTSD and depression.

jimiscott Survivor
11/05/17 7:31 am

It works and it helped me. I highly encourage this type of help.

chickencookie
11/05/17 8:20 am

😔Hugs

MrsCrayonWax Katies Purpose
11/05/17 8:28 am

Agreed Jimi. I sought counseling after my mom passed for the same reasons.

SunsetLeopard Still writing my story
11/05/17 6:21 pm

Considering rhat's what killed my dad to begin with...im gonna say no.

RussianThunder Russia and USA
11/05/17 6:02 am

I would say a grief counselor.

I think people deal with things differently. Some walk at the beach. Some meditate. Some pray. Some drink or do drugs. Some move away to start fresh. Some isolate themselves from society. Some volunteer to help others to get their mind off their own pain.
Obviously some of these ways are never good. Some are good regardless. Some may help some people for a bit but I always wonder if they truly do.
I would say professional help. There’s nothing wrong with seeking help.

RussianThunder Russia and USA
11/05/17 6:04 am

Also, finding a person to open up to and be a friend might be nice.

lostriver Oregon
11/05/17 5:12 am

I would go out to desert, and be alone, listening to Mother Nature, meditate, and move on.

cpaswr 864511320
11/05/17 3:37 am

If support groups aren’t working, you may need to talk to a professional one on one.

Ebola1 Florida
11/05/17 4:28 am

Agree with this.

delaluna
11/05/17 4:57 am

Agree. Also give yourself time. Great pain can take a long time to even start to heal.

FacePalm That Trick Never Works
11/05/17 5:31 am

All this.^^^

If your grief is preventing you from functioning normally, professional help would be helpful.

Remember grief is a process and takes time. Give yourself that, as well.

Kay41 the Midwest
11/05/17 7:04 am

Totally agree. If money is a problem, you can usually find a counseling agency that will let you pay on a sliding scale.

imanag My heaven on Earth
11/05/17 8:35 am

Agreed, you need the one on one help and the time for yourself and for your family. They will benefit in the long run from your well being.