Tariq88 November 5th, 2017 6:43am

People hate dealing with anything that involves them reflecting and becoming better and taking responsibility and just want to have fun. That is why Religion is on a decline.

Robert97206 Portland Oregon
11/09/17 3:00 pm

Religon in on the decline?

Stateside or world wide?

CoffeeNow Fiery but peaceful rioter
11/05/17 11:25 am

Disagree. I think religion declines as human knowledge increases. We just know more about the world now

MrsCrayonWax Katies Purpose
11/05/17 11:48 am

Can’t disagree with this point.

Tariq88 Utah
11/05/17 1:19 pm

Well I feel bad and I kind of regret this poll but this particular thread I really happen to disagree with because some religious doctrines happen to not conflict with science as well as historical and present day events.

MrsCrayonWax Katies Purpose
11/05/17 1:22 pm

Don’t regret it. It was not bad.

CoffeeNow Fiery but peaceful rioter
11/05/17 1:53 pm

Why do you regret it? Wasn’t it meant to start a discussion?

Advil sc
11/05/17 10:08 am

Reflecting and becoming better and taking responsibility involves thinking and willingness to change. Conservatism.
Just wanting to have fun and going with the flow , Liberalism.

JustHarry FL
11/05/17 9:04 am

I think more people are realizing there is probably some sort of higher power or supreme being due to the complexities of the smallest living thing on earth to the entire universe which we still have little knowledge of. This appears to be the meaning of spiritual. However, I believe that people are finally realizing that religions are man made BS, who’s only objectives are to be the biggest, the only true religion, the constant message that if your happy, you must be sinning. Yes, religions are great Social Agencies, that do help people get through hard times and give people hope.
But there downfall is that they are very unwilling to change with the times. I know, god said it, so we can’t change it, but that’s why they are failing. Examples, sex is only to procreate. How many people believe that anymore. You should raise your children in your religion. So many intermarriages, that the couple decide which religion to raise the children. Hello world, goodbye religion!

FIAT2LUX On Planet Earth
11/05/17 8:02 am

Nope. For me, I left because the cognitive dissonance of maintaining belief in something without evidence wasn't something I could keep doing. Additionally, many of the things stated in the core religious text were flagrantly against my ethics. I just couldn't keep that up anymore.

MrsCrayonWax Katies Purpose
11/05/17 5:36 am

My personal theory is that religion is on a decline because those that are supposed to be representing a religion are far from practitioners and turn people off. Insert any major religion in there.

CoffeeNow Fiery but peaceful rioter
11/05/17 11:27 am

Eh, that’s hardly a new thing. People have been doing that as long as there has been religion

MrsCrayonWax Katies Purpose
11/05/17 11:47 am

Well hell, then I’m fresh out of ideas!

CrzyChica
11/05/17 2:41 pm

I agree, Crayon. I think part of it is is that now more than ever the public sees bad representations of "Christians" because somewhere along the way the Conservative platform was hijacked by a form of right wing Christianity that seems not so Christian at times. We have people who actually believe some of these people are Christians.

CrzyChica
11/05/17 2:42 pm

To be clear, public figures on the other side aren't any better. Most of our public figures today are pretty sad.

CrzyChica
11/05/17 3:03 pm

Thanks, MrsC. New job keeping me really busy. Not too much time to comment on here some weeks.

MrsCrayonWax Katies Purpose
11/05/17 3:05 pm

It’s taken a shit spiral down here. You aren’t missing much!

CrzyChica
11/05/17 6:51 pm

😂😂😂

UniversePlan Michigan
11/05/17 4:51 am

This user is currently being ignored

FacePalm That Trick Never Works
11/05/17 2:37 am

That is the popular narrative. I think it has more to do with perceived hypocrisies in adherents to particular faiths, a tangible disconnect between what they say they believe and what they actually do and how they actually behave. Not to mention the fighting that occurs between different dogmas.
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't there an increase in people claiming the fuzzy term of spiritual? People may be turning away from churches, but not, perhaps from faith?

RussianThunder Russia and USA
11/05/17 6:05 am

I think that is true

Tariq88 Utah
11/05/17 7:33 am

Yes, I agree those that you mentioned are stronger factors and a person's personal believes regardless doesn't bother me. Whatever makes a person happy is good for them, the only thing I dislike is the intolerance from some on both sides, the religious that are judgemental and the non religious that criticize or judge any religious person who puts strong personal faith in God or gods who are also not judgemental.

FacePalm That Trick Never Works
11/05/17 2:21 pm

I agree, Tariq - that bugs me as well. There really is no excuse for that sort of prejudicial nastiness. Frankly, if a religion is promoting hatred, find a different religion. But, it is usually the person, not the religion (or atheism) being ugly.