FacePalm November 5th, 2017 1:23am

There is a time in the evening, when the sky is a little overcast, the sun is setting & the street lights are coming on. The leaves on trees seem to glow in the half-light. Is there a certain point of the day that you find particularly beautiful?

evoecon nearest binary system
11/05/17 9:46 am

I love the twilight time. I grew up on a farm. Twilight would be a sign of the end of the day and begin to unwind.

shygal47 Florida east coast
11/05/17 7:58 am

What a beautiful tribute to e’en time!

ladyniner81 Embrace your inner dork
11/05/17 6:21 am

Sunset. But my neighbor's tree is so pretty right now. It's orange, red, and green and fat.

lostriver Oregon
11/05/17 4:39 am

In the morning, before the sun breaks. At Summer lake wildlife refuge. From March to July, you will hear this awesome chorus of birds, singing, calling, quacking, honking, and chirping. Over 30 to 50 species, greeting the morning light.

Kyle5 TN
11/05/17 1:58 am

Isn't that dusk? Dusk and sunset are not beautiful, but I agree that dusk has an ethereal feel to it that's interesting, and hard to replicate.

Kyle5 TN
11/05/17 11:00 am

Well to be fair, the wording of the poll didn't exactly specify anything but "the sun is setting",which it technically still is during dusk, and "half light", which could really be any point in that day to night transition.

FacePalm That Trick Never Works
11/05/17 2:12 pm

You are thinking of twilight. Dusk is the darker part, the end. The time I am speaking occurs earlier in the process.

But let’s not quibble over terminology 8)

Ethereal is a good description!

Wert A picture of my Tit
11/05/17 12:14 am

I rather like that this poll, as written, can be easily put to music.

FacePalm That Trick Never Works
11/05/17 1:51 am

☺️ that may be one of the nicest things I have ever been told.

jarod California
11/04/17 11:33 pm

In the morning, when the sun is rising, just before it peeks above the horizon.

susanr Colorado
11/04/17 8:16 pm

Pretty much the time you described. Everything glows.

FacePalm That Trick Never Works
11/04/17 8:40 pm

It is mesmerizing and nearly impossible to photograph. It has to be experienced.

susanr Colorado
11/04/17 8:47 pm

I know. I just looked through hundreds of recent photographs to see if I had one or a few I could use as examples. While I remember *experiencing* it, I don't have a thing to really show.

I know I've done better with that in the past, when I've paid more attention to exposure. I've been using my iPhone for almost all of my photography for a while now, and I'm not as careful. You can still get some great photos with an iPhone, but that's such an elusive state that you sure can't just snap and expect to get it. I imagine my daughter has captured it much better with her "real" camera. (She's also a much better photographer.)

catpillow Florida West Coast
11/04/17 6:34 pm

For me its spectacular sunsets with all the magnificent colored clouds.

imanag My heaven on Earth
11/04/17 6:56 pm

I love that, too.

FacePalm That Trick Never Works
11/04/17 8:42 pm

nothing compares to those sunsets 8)