MrMilkdud November 5th, 2017 1:12am

Have you ever dreamt (dream as in sleeping, not fantasizing) you were suddenly and inexplicably naked or in your underwear in front of a group of people (in class, at work, at a party etc)?

EarlyBird Portland
11/05/17 4:17 am

I’m shopping at the mall when I look down to see I forgot to put clothes on.
It’s happened a few times.

EarlyBird Portland
11/05/17 4:20 am

I’ve had the dream a few times.

lcamino Florida
11/05/17 12:37 am

No. I was sick today, and had a lot of weird dreams. But I’ve never had the naked dream. I have had similar ones to Susan and milk about school. Like it’s the end of the term, and I hadn’t gone to the class.

susanr Colorado
11/04/17 8:18 pm

No, I haven't had the naked dream.

I have had the panicky "I don't know where my exam is being held and I haven't studied for it anyway" dream, many times, though. (Not to mention that it happened to me in reality as well.) It was pretty close to feeling naked, but not quite.

MrMilkdud Pref pronouns Thou Thee
11/04/17 8:27 pm

I had a similar thing when I was in grad school- I’d dream that it was the end of the semester and I had completely forgotten about a class I had signed up for at the beginning of the semester. I then spent the rest of the dream rushing around trying to make up my missed work.

susanr Colorado
11/04/17 8:49 pm

I kept having the dream for years, long after I dropped out of Northwestern where the real experience happened. {shudder} I don't remember if I ever had it again after I finally finished a degree.

TheMadScientist the mad laboratory
11/04/17 6:52 pm

Vulnerability. Exposure. That the audience has the power to hurt or destroy us.

It can also be about the absence of the feelings these people gave us - a type of honesty or loyalty.

Okie1967 Defend the Police
11/04/17 6:59 pm

My dreams are so random and nonsensical that I can’t place any value or meaning on them. I don’t believe they mean anything more than signifying the brain can think up some really creative and off the wall stuff. Now is a dream is repetitive and vivid then perhaps it represents something that “stays on the mind” after going to sleep, but aside from that I don’t put any stock in dreams having meaning.

MrMilkdud Pref pronouns Thou Thee
11/04/17 8:07 pm

It might also signify shame about something.
Or a desire to go streaking. But the shame follows that, too, and then you have even more of these dreams.

TheMadScientist the mad laboratory
11/04/17 9:02 pm

I could see something in the shame/complacency family - one person's crass behavior is another person's friend.