theNobamist Silicon Valley
11/08/17 12:20 am

I like earlier dark evenings. I'm a night person.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/08/17 5:58 am

I’m a night person, too, but I’m just beginning to feel halfway decent, and it’s getting dark now, negating my being able to get out and take a walk, etc! Lol

DerekWills Lone Star Gun Rights
11/05/17 12:51 pm

It’s called “Standard Time” because it’s per GMT.... Arizona stays on ST year round and they’re fine. DST is stupid.

swervin Maryland
11/04/17 4:38 pm

I would rather have it dark at 4pm then when I go to work in the morning.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/04/17 4:55 pm

I know some people that it’s dark when they go in and dark when they get off. Kind of depressing! Lol

catpillow Florida West Coast
11/04/17 4:36 pm

I want to keep daylight savings time 😢

susanr Colorado
11/04/17 9:38 pm

So do I. I think we're actually a majority, but there are some holdouts for dropping Daylight Saving Time and going back to just Standard Time only.

I think probably most of us would like to stop the insanity of *changing* the time, though. I saw a good piece on Mashable's Facebook page explaining why it's really a bad idea today, but I couldn't find a link for it.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/04/17 10:33 pm

I’ve read that it causes all kinds of stress, health problems, accidents, and even deaths!

....

susanr Colorado
11/04/17 10:44 pm

Exactly! Well, maybe/probably, at least. And for little or no benefit. Your comment made me go to the Mashable web site and find a link, after all.
mashable.com/2017/11/03/daylight-saving-time-is-pointless/#ptS1gaUyxZq9

If you watch the video (it's just a few minutes long) be sure to read the questions on the screen. He doesn't repeat them when he addresses & answers them.

Regarding the (scary!) health-related stuff, they mention some studies but there's no way to tell how good the studies were, and whether they found *causation*, or just correlation.

Also, this makes me think about similar effects with jet lag in travel, and (probably even worse) people who rotate shifts at work on a regular basis. Yikes.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/04/17 11:04 pm

YIKES! The way I understand it, that is saying that Daylight Saving Time is the PROBLEM. But I’ve always seen it the other way around—that people are more depressed with less daylight hours! What am I missing? I would HATE it if we switched that way and it got dark in the summer earlier—no more long days at the lake, etc.

I’m for going the OTHER direction—staying on Daylight Saving Time all year!

....

rons on top of the world MA
11/04/17 3:32 pm

At least the kids won’t have to have flashlights in the AM walking to the bus or school. We have no sidewalks or streetlights.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/04/17 3:35 pm

Yes, I was just talking to hubby about that. He said the kids are getting on his bus in the dark in the mornings. But this will make it where they’re getting off his bus in the dark in the afternoons! I don’t know which is worse! Lol

I remember both those situations well from driving my own school bus. I hated both. So dangerous for kids.

...

rons on top of the world MA
11/04/17 3:38 pm

They are usual getting home by 3 here. I see then walking down around 7:30. I would leave it EST all year! I like the early mornings.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/04/17 3:56 pm

Hubby has to leave the house at 6:15 AM and many times doesn’t get home in the afternoon until 5:30 PM!

Our kids don’t even get out of school until 3 PM.

orgblu10 Shamerica
11/04/17 3:15 pm

The one on the right sums up my feelings exactly.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/04/17 3:16 pm

Mine, too! I HATE it! By the time hubby gets home, it’s dark!

chinito Florida
11/04/17 5:07 pm

Remember that the "real" time is not the one we use now but the one we are using next week.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/04/17 3:00 pm

💠 Pic Poll:

Left Pic:

Remember:

Clock go back by 1 hour on Sunday, November 5. Please share.

Right Pic:

“I love turning the clocks back so it gets dark by 4 PM,” said no one EVER.

.....

mark4
11/05/17 3:35 am

Forgot all about it, so I got up at 4:50 this morning.

Made more coffee knowing we'd need it.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/05/17 1:44 pm

So sorry! I TRIED to remind you! Lol I posted 2 sets of pic polls, one on Friday and one on Saturday! Lol

mark4
11/06/17 4:46 am

Thanks, but there are any number of times when I'm not on SOH, and that evening was one.

Nice try though.