Show Of Hands February 21st, 2013 2:20pm

If 100% foolproof, with guarantee of success without prior detection; would Iran detonate a nuclear device inside the United States?

susanr Colorado
02/21/13 11:49 pm

I probably got started on the wrong foot here. By "they" I really meant Ahmadinejad, and I didn't mean "crazy" in a psychiatric sense. I don't get the sense that *he* seeks peace and stability, but again, I'd rather be wrong about this than right.

Doopy Remedial Americanism
02/21/13 9:44 pm

I disagree. Iran is ruled by radical mullahs, who are true believers. Staying in power is only their #2 goal.

02/21/13 5:15 pm

But let's be honest, Israel is NOT America. Israel WILL attack them at the drop of a hat. An attack by Israel would be devastating to the Supreme Council and Ahmadinejad govt. Israel would strike hard at key points in Iran both physically and psychologically..... Ain't nobody got time for that!

02/21/13 5:10 pm

than huff and puff. And Iran knows it. They say the more extreme things they say just for street cred. That's all. They don't want war with America... Maybe not even Israel. They might provoke a *small* skirmish with Israel but only for that coveted credibility they'd get in the Arab world.

02/21/13 5:03 pm

since that would be naive, but the character limit is a bit of a constraint to really get in-depth about it. Of course Iran's foreign policy (and many other policies) are "out of the mainstream" and challenge many of our core values, but I find much of their more extreme positions to be nothing more

02/21/13 5:00 pm

International relations was what I earned my BA in. It's been something I've been interested in and following since I was very very young (around 8-9) and it's something my family has been involved in extensively so I've been around the subject all my life. I don't mean to issue a blanket judgement

MrWolfe Nashville
02/21/13 4:35 pm

Ha ha, palin... I admire your candor. I wish I could be so decisive about things like this!
Agree with much of what you said, for sure

02/21/13 3:28 pm

I guess what I'm saying is that Iran, in my opinion, isn't crazy for that. We wouldn't say China is crazy or rogue or that India or Pakistan are rogue states. They're all driven by their individual interests. Iran is no different.

North Korea, on the other hand.....

02/21/13 3:08 pm

Why does it make Iran so "crazy", so "evil"??

02/21/13 3:07 pm

India and Pakistan constantly say similar things to each other AND they have nuclear weapons to back it up. China constantly threatens Taiwan. Countries/govts say stuff like that and worse all the time but good lord almighty in heaven above save you if you so much as LOOK at Israel the wrong way

02/21/13 3:04 pm

Well I mean, really, what makes Israel so damn special? Why is it so absolutely evil when Iran says they don't want it to exist anymore? I mean, I understand it's threatening and harmful to global stability... I get that. But why does Israel enjoy such an "untouchable" position above all else??

MrWolfe Nashville
02/21/13 2:24 pm

Maybe I read it wrong... That last part just seemed really dry & blunt. Love it! ????

MrWolfe Nashville
02/21/13 1:47 pm

Ha! palindrome... *amazing* display of cynicism! But certainly rooted in a great amount of truth.

02/21/13 1:41 pm

They've declared themselves enemies of Israel and for that and virtually that alone, they've been demonized by western govts and the loyal media.

02/21/13 1:38 pm

-sorry you've been led to believe that. The Iranian govt has typical interests and goals like every other country: security and perpetuity. Just because they don't toe the western line doesn't mean they're suicidal. They seek peace and friendly relations with many nations.

susanr Colorado
02/21/13 11:03 am

I don't think they would because surely they know that as soon as they did, they'd be bombed into oblivion. I don't see that we'd have any other choice. I actually hope I'm wrong about the previous sentence. Feel free to talk me out of it.

On the other hand they might just be crazy enough.

MrWolfe Nashville
02/21/13 9:59 am

I literally just figured it out yesterday. You go to Google+, sign in with your email, and you should be able to find the 'Show of Hands' group to join... Then you'll see all of us and our discussion threads, etc

02/21/13 9:57 am

I'm not sure actually. I tried setting it up, I think I did. But I haven't been checking up on it

MrWolfe Nashville
02/21/13 9:46 am

Are you in the Google+ group? I shared a couple of personal experiences related to this subject just a bit ago

02/21/13 9:23 am

Of course not. The regime in Tehran's number one goal is to remain in power. They would never do something so foolish and so suicidal.

TiltonAllStarz Outside Ur Comfort Zone
02/21/13 8:17 am

So I guess you're right, in a sense.
Once they launch on Israel, they wouldn't live long enough to get one here.

TiltonAllStarz Outside Ur Comfort Zone
02/21/13 8:15 am

One of the most important events to securing the reappearance of the last Messiah, as called for in the Hadith, is the annihilation of Israel and conquering Beitol Moghadas (Jerusalem). They state with conviction that Islam will soon conquer the world and all infidels will be destroyed.
-atime....

TiltonAllStarz Outside Ur Comfort Zone
02/21/13 8:13 am

The pursuit of nuclear bombs by the radicals ruling Iran is directly connected to this belief, as war, chaos, and lawlessness must engulf the world to pave the way for Imam Mahdi’s reappearance.
-atimetobetray.com.

icechris12 New Jersey
02/21/13 8:07 am

Iran may have some crazies running it but They're not crazy enough to do that

TiltonAllStarz Outside Ur Comfort Zone
02/21/13 7:50 am

With hours of nuclear capabilities attained, they will launch on Israel.
They are a lot more serious about using one, than North Korea.

MrWolfe Nashville
02/21/13 7:35 am

I'm not saying that they *won't,* but Khalili has some very interesting thoughts on it.
It really boils down to a number of factors... Does Ahmadinejad want to bring forth the '12th Imam?' Probably. Do the Khomeinis? Probably not.
Can the Iranian *people* stop a rogue government? That's the question

TiltonAllStarz Outside Ur Comfort Zone
02/21/13 7:27 am

I disagree with you on this.
They are more dangerous than they get credit for.

TiltonAllStarz Outside Ur Comfort Zone
02/21/13 7:26 am

That's a fact.
#1 on their list is Israel.
We are second.

MrWolfe Nashville
02/21/13 7:25 am

Though I said 'no way,' I've heard Reza Kahlili (former CIA) on talk shows give very unique, interesting perspective.
Google him if you aren't familiar... or go to www.atimetobetray.com.