Show Of Hands February 10th, 2013 12:00am

Who is more likely to lead a "charmed life": a female who is more attractive than 99.9% of other women, or a male who is smarter than 99.9% of other men?

EarlyBird Portland
02/16/13 7:27 am

A beautiful woman can have whatever she wants. A very charmed life indeed.

wetheslaves Live each moment fully
02/12/13 5:11 am

Even worse is a smart person without friends or the means to implement their ideas. The really smart ones can be so far ahead of the curve that they have a hard time convincing people that their ideas could really work. It sounds like fantasy or hair brain ideas to normal folk. Catch 22.

zedd Desert Dweller
02/11/13 9:50 pm

The woman because she can be a gold digger.

hapiotter2 Utah
02/11/13 9:34 pm

Oops! I see the difference now! I am such a hypocrit based on my votes. :(

hapiotter2 Utah
02/11/13 9:33 pm

Why the same question twice in a row?

elyonia679
02/11/13 9:19 pm

I am ashamed that we live in a society where we think that attractiveness will get us everywhere. we are filled with corrupt minds who only look for what they can see. Einstein, Lincoln, Da Vinci; not at all attractive, but look what they came to be.

LilWing00
02/11/13 8:09 pm

I am a woman, And to tell u the truth, it disgusts me when I see women use their looks to woo wealthy men. They use sex and sit in the kitchen all day and play house. Yuck.

july475
02/11/13 8:05 pm

Women don't even have to be a "Barbie doll" if you wear a shirt that show a little cleavage (not too much though) you can get your way most of the time from a guy (unless he's gay then it doesn't work)

sager Maryland
02/11/13 7:23 pm

An IQ of like 220. Haven't heard from him in a while. Probably to lazy to fo anything really great.

sager Maryland
02/11/13 7:22 pm

Yeah, the smarter you are, often times, the less motivation you have. While not quite equivelent, look at NHL players: some incredibly talented players (i.e. Alexander Semin) don't feel like working as hard as the less talented ones. I heard in like 2007 that there was some Japanese guy who has...

Axl752 NY
02/11/13 3:14 pm

The woman until she hits the wall in her late 30s, or 40s if shes lucky. Now that her beauty is gone she has nothing.

Godschild
02/11/13 2:39 pm

I tested 99% in the nation and I was never cool.

SouthernG Man Cave
02/11/13 1:56 pm

So is the smarter man leading a more "charmed" life? I'd say yes as he is in control of his life where the woman, in this example, is arm candy who life is at the whims of the man.

SouthernG Man Cave
02/11/13 1:54 pm

Which confirms the smarter man versus the attractive blonde bimbo concept

omniku dot com
02/11/13 1:19 pm

Small percentage of models sure, but its always boom times in the highly lucrative gold-digging industry. Who needs a career when you can have a sugar daddy?

EarlyBird Portland
02/11/13 1:09 pm

When was the last time you saw a very successful, older man, with a woman his own age?
Men love beautiful women. It's not a bad thing, it's just the way it is.

huskermedic Cincinnati
02/11/13 1:02 pm

I don't think sex really has anything to do with it.

huskermedic Cincinnati
02/11/13 1:01 pm

If charmed is rich the brains is the answer. Very small% of models out there. If you are smart their is so many others ways to make money.

dawl adulting
02/11/13 11:41 am

Boboli I have to disagree I don't think luck has anything to do with their success. They didn't win the lottery, they applied their knowledge and skills and worked.

dawl adulting
02/11/13 11:39 am

I don't think charmed means you don't have to work hard at your job. For those guys and others like them, they enjoy what they do and it doesn't always feel like hard work. I think you can work hard and live a " charmed" life at the same time.

eddiej Virginia
02/11/13 9:58 am

I'm assuming that the chances are much higher, given her attractiveness... I don't think that's crazy

nightcrow44 the dark side
02/11/13 9:52 am

Yea beauty is so much more important that brains... For one Bill gates that make millions of dollars there are 100 female models making, maybe not the same as Bill but a very comfortable life.

mama3
02/11/13 9:39 am

The woman. We live in a society that values beauty, sadly.

magnum
02/11/13 9:26 am

I'm sorry, I don't believe that. Some rape goes unreported yes but. The US is one of the leaders in fraudulent rape charges too. It's a problem yes, but assuming a women will get raped for being attractive is crazy.

newman987
02/11/13 8:27 am

Then he moves on to the next dime a night later. There are more dimes out there than there are billionaires

eddiej Virginia
02/11/13 8:13 am

add in the fact that she's in the top .1 percentile of beauty..... yeah she's a target, no doubt

eddiej Virginia
02/11/13 8:07 am

LOL it happens... what we read in the news is just a fraction of the amount of rape happening out there... where I live is irrelevant, it happens

magnum
02/11/13 7:43 am

You worked in the sex industry? Never actually talked to anyone who had before (well, not that I knew of)

magnum
02/11/13 7:41 am

Probably be raped? Where the hell do you live? I doubt that very much.

eddiej Virginia
02/11/13 7:19 am

that man will have money which solves a whooooooole lot of problems... that woman will be harassed (and probably raped) until the end of time... outer beauty is vain and brings problems... I'd be the smart guy ANY DAY

ltsmith WV
02/11/13 7:14 am

Ahh, good point, didn't think about that.

dreamitliveit IDLH
02/11/13 6:42 am

Old timer's disease...haha. That was a joke, right?

dreamitliveit IDLH
02/11/13 6:39 am

My sister has type 1 diabetes! :) Her life got a whole lot easier a few years ago when she got her pump and CGM.
Also, I've read that people who consider themselves to be normal/average tend to be happier. So maybe focus a little less on your super amazing IQ and just have fun? Just a thought.

wetheslaves Live each moment fully
02/11/13 5:52 am

Being smart does not guarantee that you will solve all problems on your own. We have many smart people but still have many unsolved problems in the world. Not that they would want to solve the worlds problems. Anything can be a blessing and a curse at the same time. Ask a smart attractive women.

HalfDozenMama in my scrapbook room
02/11/13 5:33 am

If he was that smart he'd have $ and in our world $ trumps all, it seems.

jdengel
02/11/13 4:59 am

Beauty fades, intelligence lasts a lifetime.
There are a number of factors such as will being that intelligent cause the man to fall into a depressive state.

I'd say it comes down to who does more with what they have, but in this instance, it's tipped in the mans favor.

boboli
02/11/13 3:41 am

You really think his life was easier?

boboli
02/11/13 3:37 am

I'd also argue that those two are not in the top .01% for intellect. They got lucky, especially Zuckerberg.

greghmn
02/11/13 2:22 am

Woman. I'm a guy with an IQ well within the top .1% and if I were to take the right test with a ceiling high enough, probably even in the top .01%. Trust me on this. My life SUCKS. You try having type 1 diabetes. Don't know much about type 1? Look it up. Also, I'm neurotic because of my intellect.

aikona
02/11/13 2:00 am

As long as he bribes her. Now, that girl being bribed? Charmed life.

aikona
02/11/13 1:57 am

Smarts will win, but looks don't have to work for it

aikona
02/11/13 1:55 am

Dawl- they still had to work hard. The whole point is that beautiful people get beautiful things more or less handed to them. Charmed.

b4mytime Orange County, CA
02/10/13 11:45 pm

With great intelligence comes the great burden of knowledge. I didn't take the smart male to mean the inventor types...I define smartness to mean able to see things for what they really are and having a vision for the future. It's hard to live a ''charmed'' life in this way.

dawl adulting
02/10/13 11:16 pm

Admiration gets old- you need a smart guy who can commit.

dawl adulting
02/10/13 11:11 pm

I don't know, I'd say Zuckerberg and Gates living pretty large ;)