4JC June 9th, 2017 7:50pm

For anyone watching the tv show, "The Son", on AMC: Do you think it's historically accurate? I'm especially interested in hearing from those in TX, & those that know a lot about history of TX. I haven't started watching it yet, no spoilers, please!

ronderman North Carolina
06/10/17 12:04 pm

4JC, just want to give you a warning. It is very violent and has strong language. My mother couldn't make it through the first episode. She loves the lead actor and will watch anything with him in it. She was surprised by the content.

I will say that I have watched it and I have really enjoyed it. Just don't want you to be surprised.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
06/10/17 3:44 pm

Thanks, Ron! I really appreciate that! I made it through Braveheart alright, with all the decapitations. I find there to be a big difference if it's factual, in a historical setting, instead of just gratuitous gory violence, like Chainsaw Massacre. I CANNOT watch those! Lol

As to the language, I've softened on that over the years. You just about have to if you're ever going to watch anything nowadays.

I'll try an ep and see if I can handle it. Thanks for the heads up!

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
06/09/17 12:50 pm

💠 Poll Q:

Ebola1 Florida
06/09/17 1:32 pm

IDK I'm from Texas but I've never heard of this movie.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
06/09/17 1:36 pm

It's a tv show on AMC, starring Pierce Brosnan. It's also available from Amazon, but not Prime.

It is set in two time periods--1849 and 1915, and covers one family, (and I think their oil business) the strife between Native Americans, white people, and Mexicans.

It looks really good, but I don't want to watch something that might be revisionist history and I don't know enough about the history of TX to know. When I watch a drama that is supposed to be historical, I want the true history and not false things that will lead me to believe something about history that is false.

Odysseus We All Need A Fantasy
06/09/17 4:45 pm

It is much closer to the truth than you will find in most historical dramas.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
06/09/17 6:38 pm

Thanks, Odysseus. Have you enjoyed watching it?

missmorganmarie ...
06/11/17 9:54 am

I'm adding this to shows to watch. thanks!

4JC Christian Pastors Wife