EchoSeven June 9th, 2017 7:19am

Sharing some old books from my childhood with my kid. Did you know Encyclopedia Brown was written in 1963?! What's the oldest book you've shared with your kids?

martyt02
06/09/17 2:34 pm

The Adventures of Tom Sawyer and Treasure Island, and oh yes, A Christmas Carol.

imanag My heaven on Earth
06/09/17 8:08 am

My oldest son is a duck lover. I used to read him The Story About Ping, which was written in 1933.

imanag My heaven on Earth
06/09/17 8:09 am

All three of my boys are fans of Ferdinand. That was written in 1936.

myob
06/09/17 4:53 am

My Dads Swiss Family Robinson written for pre teens. It is over 100 yrs old.

Bobnpt The Ocean State
06/09/17 4:08 am

Paddle to the Sea - Holling C Holling. 1941

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
06/09/17 12:42 am

Nancy Drew series, written between 1930-2004

Trixie Belden series, written between 1948-86. Random House began releasing new editions in 2003. These were my very faves!

Hardy Boys series, written between 1927-2013.

Kay41 the Midwest
06/09/17 4:21 am

I loved Trixie Belden! I always wanted to be Honey and I always wanted to be a member of the Bob Whites..

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
06/09/17 2:03 pm

Oh, me, too! I still have my set of books from the early 70's!

Honey had it made in the big mansion, with the horses, but Trixie had a loving family and a brother! I always envied Di's black, almost purple hair and didn't it describe her has having almost violet eyes or something like that?

I also wished that I had been trained to have the observational skills they all did. I miss a LOT of the stuff going on around me! Lol

I kind of had a crush on Brian, but Jim pulled on my heartstrings, also! Lol

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
06/09/17 2:04 pm

Btw, you're the first person I've ever run into that had even heard of Trixie, much less considered her a fave! I thought the books were SO much better than Nancy Drew!

Kay41 the Midwest
06/09/17 2:31 pm

I have my books too! I think I have about 20 of them. I kept them to pass on to my daughters. But, alas, only sons for me. Oh well!

I was in love with Jim too! :)

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
06/09/17 2:49 pm

Mine are falling to pieces. I don't know if the humidity got to them or what, but when I went to look for them on the bookshelves before posting to you, they were stuck to each other on the shelves, with the spines disintegrating, etc. I have close to that many, also! We had 3 boys, and then a daughter, but she wasn't interested in them.

Think granddaughters! Lol I haven't been able to get mine interested, though. All they want to do is screen time. It's kind of sad! And this was after we read to them a LOT when they were too young to read. I can't imagine what kids that didn't have reading parents are doing or learning.