TomLaney1 June 9th, 2017 6:21am

FRIDAY HOTLINE TO HEAVEN: Good morning! We're here for you – list your problems and prayer requests in Comments. A bunch of good and sincere people will pray for them! All are welcome.

06/11/17 7:47 pm

Please pray for Mt. Zion Baptist Church in Huntsville, AL. Their youth group was on the way to the airport in Atlanta, to board a plane to Botswana for a missions trip. One of their buses was involved in an accident which killed a 17 year old member, & sent 39 others to 5 Atlanta area hospitals.

Here are links if you want to read/see more.
The parents of the 17 year old asked to give a testimony of their daughter's faith. In the video that was aired on tv, they cut most of that out, but you can see that video in full, if you scroll down past the script, to the top video that shows a black man, who is a chaplain in the area they wrecked. If you want to skip to the testimony, it starts at 3:30. It's really powerful, & includes remarks the girl wrote in her journal not long before she passed away.

More..

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
06/11/17 8:02 pm

I heard this mentioned on FoxNews last night. Thanks for the details!

06/11/17 8:05 pm

You're welcome, Tom! Thanks for the prayers for them! I just sent you a message, but now hubby and I are going to watch a tv show, so if you're going to be later tonight (1-2 hours) please let me know, ok? Thanks!

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
06/11/17 8:25 pm

Can't say for sure if I will be able to keep my eyes open that long. Just message me and see if I respond, OK?

imanag My heaven on Earth
06/11/17 8:59 pm

@4JC I saw that on the news last night, too. So tragic! I'll keep on praying.

06/11/17 9:35 pm

Thanks, Ima! Did you see the testimonies? They're great!

missmorganmarie ...
06/11/17 11:50 pm

I'm so sorry
praying

Mark3
06/12/17 5:14 am

Here too.

dudley northern Virginia woods
06/09/17 11:36 am

He's just one of our cats. Cisco is 17 and has always been smart and sweet. We know he's dying now. Please play that his pain is as little as possible and that he wants to be close to us at the end.

06/09/17 1:29 pm

So sorry, Dudley! Prayers!

dudley northern Virginia woods
06/09/17 5:57 pm

He's dozing under the bed. Sometimes he has a hard time breathing. He eats a little , but less each time he wakes. If he revives and gets better, it will go against all of our years' cat experiences. We found him and his brother Pancho as kittens almost 17 years ago by a swamp at the end of a short road in Fauquier County. Buzzards were circling overhead. They leapt into my arms and ate two cans of cat food on the way home.

chickencookie It really is
06/09/17 7:11 pm

My cat lived to be 19. The last few months of her life she would just lay on top of me like a baby sleeping. I loved the feeling but in retrospect I think she was trying to send me a message but I couldn't do it any sooner than I did. It was just too hard to let her go.

dudley northern Virginia woods
06/09/17 7:38 pm

I know. We had Casey thencat for 21 years. When I had to take him to the vets for the final good-bye, he just walked slowly up to me and waited to be picked up. Sometimes the are ready and so wise. So important for us to have them and for them to have us, too!

missmorganmarie ...
06/10/17 9:54 am

your stories are making me cry. my fluffy I had for 17 years. I miss her every day

missmorganmarie ...
06/10/17 9:56 am

I didnt get to be with her ar the end and that still is something I feel so guilty for. she was at the vet for a biopsy. I was in the parking lot coming in to pick her up when I got the call.

dudley northern Virginia woods
06/10/17 10:01 am

I've had that experience a few times. People at the vets have special training for that situation and will make your beloved pet comfortable. Don't feel bad. It's the love that makes you feel sad - mustn't feel guilty about that. But we do anyway, because it's often complicated to be human. Look up Robinson Jeffers' poem, "The House Dog's Grave"

dudley northern Virginia woods
06/10/17 10:04 am

Maybe the prayers are helping - Cisco was gasping last night and is better today. Walking around the house, eating, drinking.

chickencookie It really is
06/10/17 10:41 am

That's good news Dudley. If only they could go when we do.

dudley northern Virginia woods
06/10/17 1:43 pm

That would be a very crowded exit. I think they will all be waiting for me.

06/11/17 7:48 pm

Everyone, please see the prayer request I just added at the top of the thread. Thanks so very much!

imanag My heaven on Earth
06/09/17 8:26 am

Please pray for my father in law, Butch. This week we were told that his cancer is terminal. We don't know how long he has. He's accepted that his mortal life is near the end, but he is in a great deal of pain because of the cancer spreading through his bones. Please pray for his pain to be relieved and for his wife and children to be comforted. Thanks.

missmorganmarie ...
06/09/17 8:26 am

oh no, I'm so sorry

BamaGirl ROLL TIDE from Arizona
06/09/17 8:35 am

Praying for peace & comfort for all! Love & hugs! 💜

imanag My heaven on Earth
06/09/17 8:42 am

Thanks, you two. 😘

06/09/17 1:25 pm

I'm so sorry, Ima! Prayers for all of you!

chickencookie It really is
06/09/17 1:46 pm

Sorry to hear this.

06/11/17 7:49 pm

missmorganmarie ...
06/09/17 8:03 am

I had a phone interview yesterday and setting up an in person next week. praying for this to work, even though it would be an hour commute each way...

please also pray that my boyfriend's grandmother's surgery goes well and the tumor is completely

missmorganmarie ...
06/09/17 8:03 am

removed.

I also pray that I have the motivation this weekend to clean the house. it's a mess

missmorganmarie ...
06/09/17 3:54 pm

thank you all!

06/11/17 7:49 pm

smahg
06/09/17 7:05 am

I have a bad headache and my granddaughter's birthday party is today. Hope the headache goes away soon.

06/11/17 7:49 pm

Mark3
06/09/17 6:09 am

For my wife. It's been a tough week. She developed an infection worsened by dehydration which led to weakness so severe she couldn't lift her head. In her confusion and determination not to be a bother she fell 4 times which meant 3 calls to 911 and one hospital visit. She's blessed to have nothing more serious than bruising from the falls, and is recovering but still is weak. Your prayers are appreciated.

Mark3
06/09/17 12:14 pm

Thank you so much. May God bless you greatly.

06/09/17 1:27 pm

Oh, man, Mark! That IS a rough week! Praying for both of you!

Mark3
06/09/17 1:43 pm

Thank you 4JC. The initial feeling of helplessness before learning the cause was pretty bad. Her mental condition kept her from worry, and that too was a blessing. I had good advice from a fine old friend in Dallas, and a couple of her best friends, and the emergency personnel and the ER workers were so good she's taken the time today to write them thank-you notes. I stopped by the nursing home to explain why I couldn't hold Sunday services and she was on their prayer list too. My Mother's old walker and transfer chair really came in handy as she began to improve. It's not the first time she's experienced extreme wooziness, and it was so bad this time I thought we were bound for an Assisted Living facility--just panicky reasoning. God is good.

chickencookie It really is
06/09/17 1:49 pm

I hope she recovers quickly Mark.

06/09/17 3:52 pm

You're welcome, Mark! I know the frustration of helplessness when you don't know what's wrong. I went for decades before they finally dx what had been causing my symptoms since my teens, & rxed a med that has helped.

I don't believe in coincidence. When things come together like that in a situation, I call it a God Thing. Squire Rushnell calls it a Godwink. Here is his site, which is a good 1 if you want to see some uplifting stories of how God has worked in some difficult situations:

www.whengodwinks.com/

I'm so glad she's improving, & will continue to pray that she gets well soon.

Please pray for us. We're about to head to the funeral home for the visitation service of a 26 year old man who was the son of a minister friend of ours. He had just graduated from college 3 weeks ago, and now they're about to bury him. I just can't imagine that kind of pain. Pray that we'll be able to minister to them in some small way. We will also be going to the funeral tomorrow afternoon.

Mark3
06/09/17 4:38 pm

I'll get to the link and thank you. I've already prayed for you and your friend, and will continue to. God will show you the time.

06/09/17 6:35 pm

You're welcome, Mark, and thank you!

They had two rows of pics strung down the side of the sanctuary where we stood in line, (after snaking all the way around the outside foyer of the large sanctuary), and a table set up with memorabilia from his life. It was very meaningful.

Mark3
06/09/17 6:47 pm

I know it's tiring, and awesome.

Mark3
06/11/17 1:07 pm

A Godwink of my own.
When my father died I still had not reconciled with him. I had helped him reconcile himself to his feelings for his own dead father who had abandoned his ailing wife and four young children when he was 10. I told him of so many like my grandfather I'd met while living near Ft Jackson, war vets so disturbed by their experiences that they could only think of their next pleasure and shunned responsibility. But I was trying to get my father to tell me he was sorry rather than forgiving him for acting like he hated me. I stood in the receiving line and greeted more than 400 people there to pay their last respects, and almost cried thinking I wished I'd known the person they'd known. Shortly thereafter my eyes focused on those lines in Matthew following the Lord's Prayer. I'd never felt their power before. For if you forgive others God will forgive you, but if you do not forgive then neither will God forgive you. I did and have felt God's peace ever since.

06/11/17 1:12 pm

Great story, Mark! The most inspiring story of forgiveness, to me, was Corrie Ten Boom telling of her forgiving the man who had held her prisoner. If you've never read it, I encourage you to do so.

Mark3
06/11/17 2:10 pm

I've forgotten it and will have to reread it now you've reminded me. Thanks. Another one I've told on here a couple of times:
My dear aunt, only 3 years my senior, the one who'd taught me to climb trees and play baseball lay dying in the hospital of bone cancer that had spread through her body. The family was called in and several kept vigil through the night. Her oncologist would occasionally stick his head in the door, shake his head that she was still breathing if raggedly, and disappear. All night long we sat, stood, walked around and sat again, waiting for the inevitable. Morning light came and she sat up in bed and said in a strong voice, "I want a hamburger and a milkshake." She got it and went home and lived many years. Her oncologist recruited her to talk with his other patients who were giving up. Oh, she did die of cancer, but she remains my strongest sign that medical opinion is only that, and God works miracles with those with a strong conviction to live.

Mark3
06/11/17 2:10 pm

I've forgotten it a time or three. I remember twice helping a son plan the funeral for his very elderly and ailing mother, a member of our congregation, only to have her recover and return to our fold.

06/11/17 2:18 pm

I can't count all the times that hubby has been called to the hospital for someone on death's door, only to come home saying they had rallied! He's even seen them will themselves to live until all the family members arrived from out of state, or until all the family members accepted that they were passing away!

He even had to tell family members that by their refusing to let go, they were hindering that person, who was in severe pain, from passing on, and that the most compassionate thing to do was to let that person know that it was alright--that they could let go.

06/11/17 7:49 pm

DoctorWasdarb Marxist Leninist Maoist
06/09/17 5:45 am

No prayer requests :) but this is day 14 of Ramadan! I didn't wake up for suhur (the pre-dawn breakfast) so today might be a long day. 😂

DoctorWasdarb Marxist Leninist Maoist
06/10/17 3:14 pm

Happened again today. I think it's all psychological. At a grad party so lots of food, but I'm doing alright.

06/11/17 7:49 pm

iceberg124
06/09/17 5:25 am

Praying for my uncle who just got cancer back and had surgery last Friday

06/09/17 1:27 pm

Prayers for him, Bert!

06/11/17 7:50 pm

myob
06/09/17 4:57 am

Please pray the our Republic will unite and work for solutions to the horrors on our horizon. I do daily.

06/11/17 7:50 pm

06/09/17 12:48 am

Please pray for a ministry family that are friends of ours. They lost their 26 year old son to heat stroke in the desert. They had just celebrated his graduation with a doctorate in physical therapy 3 weeks earlier. Such a tragic loss, as he was a very giving person. Please pray for his parents and his 4 siblings.

The visitation is later tonight, Friday, with the funeral on Saturday. Thanks!

06/09/17 1:23 pm

Thanks, Ima and Bama!

chickencookie It really is
06/09/17 1:50 pm

What a heartache.

06/09/17 6:36 pm

Update: Update: we stood in line for 1 hour and 45 minutes to see the family--that is how much of an outpouring of love the family received!

Praying my health will allow us to go to the funeral tomorrow.

chickencookie It really is
06/09/17 7:14 pm

I can't imagine this poor family and what they are going through. There is so much pain in this world. I hope you are well enough to go. My husband came home with sad news. A guy he knows - his 23 year old son was found dead , suffocated and nobody knows how it happened. What a world.

06/09/17 7:36 pm

Thanks, Cookie! The family is very strong in the Lord, so that is helping them during this time.

Oh, how sad! I'm sorry!

Harry3603 Tampa Bay Florida.
06/09/17 12:15 am

Spinal stenosis and severe arthritis of right hip diagnosis was given to me yesterday afternoon. Please pray that I can overcome this painful health problem through surgery, physical therapy and exercise! Thank you.

06/09/17 12:43 am

So sorry, Harry! Will be praying! I know pain intimately, and it's NO fun! I'm SO glad you have some hope of overcoming it!

chickencookie It really is
06/09/17 4:45 am

I'm so sorry Harry. I'm going through similar pain now. I hope your treatments help you.

06/09/17 1:23 pm

Thanks, Cookie, and Bama!

06/09/17 1:23 pm

Sorry, that was supposed to go under my post!

06/11/17 7:50 pm

Harry, please see the prayer request I just added at the top of the thread. Thanks so very much!

BamaGirl ROLL TIDE from Arizona
06/08/17 11:34 pm

I want to thank God for guiding me away from something that was bad for me & protecting me.

I am still struggling to get my finances on track.

I think I picked the wrong specialization for my Post Masters Certificate, but at this point, I really need to try and make it through my current courses before changing. Please pray that I can pass them, because my heart is just not into studying the subject matter which makes writing papers on it difficult.

Work has been really challenging the last few weeks. In a different way than it was challenging before, but still not in a good way. The lack of leadership and communication in my department and team is exasperating & since the leadership is a problem, there's not a lot that I can do. Additionally, because I have the most experience on our team & almost the longest tenure at this institution on our team, I am the one that EVERYONE comes to with questions, problems, etc. which is flattering, but also exhausting.

06/09/17 12:44 am

So glad God protected you, Bama! Will be praying for all these issues.

imanag My heaven on Earth
06/09/17 8:22 am

I'm praying, Sis. I'm grateful that you were protected. 💗

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
06/08/17 11:27 pm

Thank you all for participating! May God supply all your needs according to His riches in Glory through Christ Jesus.
• Thank you all for your prayers - the birthday party went great! Everyone had fun and no one even got a sunburn! Tom III and Amy and Thomas IV spent the whole weekend with us. ✟ن✡

06/11/17 7:50 pm

Tom, please see the prayer request I just added at the top of the thread. Thanks so very much!