DerekWills June 7th, 2017 10:43pm

A Texas freshman Democrat who cosponsored the State's nanny-state texting while driving ban was arrested for DWI the very day Gov. Abbott signed her bill into law. Is there a better example of irony that you can think of?

Brrrrrrrrr
06/12/17 6:25 am

Yes. Female Drivers.

Wackacrat Harford County
06/07/17 4:50 pm

Alanis Morset's song "Ironic" lyrics actually are not ironic, they're just shitty situations. Now that's ironic.

Diogenes FreeMeBe
06/07/17 4:56 pm

Doncha think?

Diogenes FreeMeBe
06/07/17 4:16 pm

This one's pretty ironic. Talk about Stockholm Syndrome. A Stockholm clinic for rape victims has begin to refuse rape victims in favor of mentally distraught migrants. Just can't make this stuff up. Kurt Vonnegut couldn't pen a more exasperatingly, ironic story.
www.infowars.com/swedish-govt-orders-clinic-to-end-treatment-for-rape-victims-in-favor-of-treating-migrants/

ReligiousCommie No Longer Active
06/12/17 4:58 am

As usual, InfoWars gets almost all of the facts wrong

shygal47 Florida east coast
06/07/17 4:09 pm

Was she texting while driving? No? So I guess she followed the law she wrote. Although she broke another one. Yep - ironic.

DerekWills Lone Star Gun Rights
06/07/17 4:11 pm

That would be a bit more ironic....

RagingMystic covfefe
06/07/17 4:01 pm

I think the one that beats it out is the working class trump voters finding out their lives are in danger because of trump.

DoctorWasdarb Marxist Leninist Maoist
06/07/17 3:46 pm

No, but I support the law in theory. But I don't like how the police harass the working class, supposedly being justified because of these laws.

Liberty 4,032,064
06/07/17 3:47 pm

Then don't support laws that punish victimless actions.

DoctorWasdarb Marxist Leninist Maoist
06/07/17 3:48 pm

Well if we had a dictatorship of the proletariat rather than one of the bourgeoisie, then these laws wouldn't needlessly cause harassment to the working class because the state would be their ally, rather than their enemy.

DerekWills Lone Star Gun Rights
06/07/17 3:51 pm

Every time you write a comment, I roll my eyes so hard it hurts.... I'm worried they're going to get stuck...

PeaceKeepaGirl advance democracy
06/07/17 5:19 pm

I'd probably lean toward a nay vote on a texting-and-driving ban, but it's not a victimless action. You're endangering other people in doing so.

Liberty 4,032,064
06/07/17 10:32 pm

"Endangering" is completely subjective and nonsensical. If no harm is done, there is no victim.

PeaceKeepaGirl advance democracy
06/08/17 12:49 am

Fair enough, but texting and driving certainly increases the probability of a crash occurring. By the "it's OK if nobody gets hurt" logic, speed limits are also immoral (you can drive fast, just don't run into anyone) and really most traffic laws are unreasonable (run all the red lights you want so long as you don't crash anyone). Not to mention, most workplace safety standards are immoral by this logic (have doors open the wrong way if you want, just don't have a fire). I personally think banning texting and driving would be a little drastic and likely difficult to enforce, but more generally, I think it's not unreasonable for governments to address actions, practices, etc. that pose potential hazards, even if these actions don't always translate to accidents.

Liberty 4,032,064
06/08/17 3:07 am

Speed limits are absolutely immoral, aside from the glaring ignorance and utter stupidly of the concept.

thebarr
06/07/17 3:45 pm

How about rain on your wedding day? Or a free ride when you've already paid? Some good advice that you just can't take?

DerekWills Lone Star Gun Rights
06/07/17 3:46 pm

I got one hand in my pocket and the other one is smoking a cigarette.... wait, wrong song. 😂😂😂

knetzere Illinois
06/08/17 10:39 am

They both sound the same

Awful