MrAmerica June 6th, 2017 2:16am

MrAmerica Peaceful protestor
06/06/17 8:07 am

@Jarod @tlaney1 @Political @4JC @TheSpookyGhost . Once again, Thank you all for sharing this poll.

37% of 253 SOH users agree with this quote.

67% of Protestants said agree.
61% of Catholics said agree.
Only 57% of other Christians said agree.
6% of agnostics said agree.
2% of atheists said agree.

Did any of you find the results interesting or surprising?

political Georgia
06/06/17 8:12 am

So sad - I didn't even bother entering a lot of discussions on this poll because I saw that even Christians are more concerned about material possessions. This advances my point that I have made in several polls that there is a severe spiritual malnutrition occurring in Churches.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
06/06/17 12:31 pm

Exactly, pol. It's the Apostasy prophesied in Revelation and 2 Thessalonians 2.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
06/06/17 7:36 pm

I'm trying to remember the wording of the question and can't. If someone would post it, I would appreciate it. I had hoped SOH would fix this in that update, but they didn't!

political Georgia
06/06/17 7:40 pm

It's about the Bible being worth more than a college education.

MrAmerica Peaceful protestor
06/06/17 7:47 pm

Question: "A thorough knowledge of the Bible is worth more than a college education."-Theodore Roosevelt.

Answers:

Agree
Disagree

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
06/06/17 10:51 pm

Thanks, & thanks for doing this poll. I'm not surprised, but I'm thankful you posted it because it made me do some Bible study that opened my eyes as to how I should deal with people here that mock our faith.

My 1st thought was the Bible passage about the fear of the Lord being the beginning of wisdom. I'd already decided that there was no use in arguing with those that won't accept God's Word. This Scripture just backs that up! I will be following these 2 vss from now on!

Prov 9:
7Whoever corrects a mocker invites insults;
whoever rebukes the wicked incurs abuse.
8Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise & they will love you.

It goes on to talk about those that are wise will be willing to accept instruction, etc. So I'll be answering those that are honestly seeking answers, but those that are just interfering in our polls to make trouble will get no response from me. I'll be responding to others in the thread & ignoring their comments. Y'all want to join me?

MrsCrayonWax
06/06/17 7:39 am

Unless the bible will get you through med school, law school, business school, no.

CoffeeNow Powderpuff Leftist
06/06/17 7:16 am

At Evergreen State college? Possibly

All others? No

Bobnpt The Ocean State
06/06/17 5:21 am

Knowledge of the bible is one thing, but FOLLOWING the teachings are another.

ReligiousCommie No Longer Active
06/06/17 4:53 am

Both are really important

Liberty 4,032,064
06/06/17 2:27 am

Absolutely, especially since the degree isn't specified.

orgblu10 Shamerica
06/05/17 11:31 pm

In the eternal perspective, yes, no doubt. If you're limited to this life, getting a job, in the eyes of employers, etc., probably not.

Liberatheist Mustafar
06/05/17 10:17 pm

Was this from his Comedy Central special?

PrinceOberyn Vive LEmpereur
06/05/17 9:27 pm

I apologize, that was inappropriate...but no...if you honestly believe this quote....

i.imgur.com/V0l2ZSW.gif

PrinceOberyn Vive LEmpereur
06/05/17 9:23 pm

HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHA HA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHA HA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHA HA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHA HA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA.....

PrinceOberyn Vive LEmpereur
06/05/17 9:23 pm

HA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHA HA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHA HA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHA HA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHA HA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHA HA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHA HA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA

chance Sirnotappearinginthisfilm
06/06/17 6:38 am

That's probably the most intelligent thing I've ever seen from you

political Georgia
06/05/17 8:03 pm

Of course - it is your road map.

Luftwaffe South of Heaven
06/05/17 7:50 pm

For the sanity of man, yes. I have gotten more peace from theology than I have from my school.

commonsense America isnt racist
06/05/17 7:49 pm

The Bible forgot the whole "washing hands to rid yourself of germs" thing

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
06/05/17 7:20 pm

Absolutely true. The fundamental answers to everything are in there, if you're willing to open your eyes and heart and understand.

PrinceOberyn Vive LEmpereur
06/05/17 9:41 pm

"The fundamental answers to everything are in there, if you're willing to open your eyes and heart and understand."

Note the lack of the brain in this statement....

i.imgur.com/acPAVx7.gif

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
06/05/17 10:40 pm

Information is not directly received by the brain, as you probably know. It's perceived through visual, auditory, olfactory, gustatory, tactile/sensory, and emotional receptors and sent, oh, WHERE was it now?
Right! To the PANCREAS, for processing, reaction, and storage...
No WONDER I didn't mention the brain!

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
06/05/17 10:41 pm

@MrMilkdud - this may interest you...

MrMilkdud
06/05/17 10:48 pm

Not sure I follow, my friend. I don't know what emotional receptors are and I don't know how the pancreas fits into this thread. Typo?

PrinceOberyn Vive LEmpereur
06/05/17 11:15 pm

The...the...Panceas!? I guess everyone who has a pancreatectomy is entirely catatonic....

i.imgur.com/lVcyaZx.gif

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
06/06/17 12:16 am

I'm not following either, @tlaney1 . Please explain! My 1st thought was the Bible passage about the fear of the Lord being the beginning of wisdom. After reading the entire chapter, I have an answer as to how we should react (or NOT) to those that mock our faith, in vss 7-8! I'd already decided that there was no use in arguing with those that won't accept God's Word. This just backs that up! I will be following these 2 vss from now on!

Prov 9:
7Whoever corrects a mocker invites insults;
whoever rebukes the wicked incurs abuse.

9Instruct the wise & they will be wiser still;
teach the righteous & they will add to their learning. 10The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, & knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.

11For through wisdom your days will be many, & years will be added to your life. 12If you are wise, your wisdom will reward you; if you are a mocker, you alone will suffer.

PrinceOberyn Vive LEmpereur
06/06/17 12:36 am

Let's deal with the guy who doesn't believe in our book by quoting our book at him!

That'll show him!

😂

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
06/06/17 12:40 am

"Pancreas" was sarcasm, substituted for the correct word, "brain," which PO said there was "no mention of." I was mocking his attempt to mock me. With that in mind, go back and read from the top of the thread and the light will come on.

@MrMilkdud - the "emotional receptor" thing was my attempt to insert my previous mention of the heart into an otherwise strictly scientific list of the five senses. Trying to express the spiritual in scientific terms.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
06/06/17 12:52 am

@4JC - I like those verses! My first reaction was to apply it to the idiots who reject one of my grammar explanations (see the poll by somebody yesterday abour "graduate high school" vs. "graduate from high school."). But of course they apply to Biblical teaching as well. ❤️

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
06/06/17 1:07 am

Prince, if I had been talking to you, I would've put your name at the beginning of the comment. If you'll notice, I was talking to tlaney1, who started this thread.

MrAmerica Peaceful protestor
06/05/17 7:18 pm

Sorry for posting this poll again. I closed it by mistake. Also, I would like to get 250 votes on this poll so please upvote. Thanks.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
06/05/17 7:22 pm

Sharing with 1260 followers.

MrAmerica Peaceful protestor
06/05/17 8:48 pm

Thank you @Political !

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
06/06/17 12:02 am

Upvoted and shared, MrAmerica!

MrAmerica Peaceful protestor