mtdewbob June 6th, 2017 12:37am

In 1989 I was seated front row in left field at Riverfront Stadium, Cincinnati when Eric Davis of the Reds hit for the cycle. Have you ever witnessed a great moment in baseball history being made live at a stadium?

snowflake2020 Florida State University
06/12/17 9:07 am

Sammy Sosa walk-off homer and Starlin Castro's first grand slam. 😎

ConservativeCA Joe Biden is barely alive
06/06/17 11:55 pm

The fastest pitch ever thrown. By Aroldis Chapman at a Padres vs. Reds game

ozzy
06/06/17 4:26 pm

Yes. And a lot at riverfront in Cincy

clmcd42 Texas
06/06/17 7:39 am

I haven't, but my uncle witnessed Nolan Ryan beating up Robin Ventura. So that's pretty cool

clmcd42 Texas
06/06/17 7:42 am

Oh and I witnessed Adrian Beltre hit for the cycle a few years ago. I wouldn't call it historic. It was impressive but I don't really think of that as being a historic moment in baseball

clmcd42 Texas
06/06/17 7:44 am

I watched Josh Hamilton hit four home runs in one game live on TV. I believe it was a playoff game too, although I can't remember for sure. That was pretty cool cause he basically carried the team to victory that day all on his own

susanr Colorado
06/05/17 8:29 pm

No, at least not that I can remember, but I'm really not a sports fan.

I had my own personal baseball moment, though. I used to go to Crosley Field in Cincinnati to watch Reds games with my dad and my brother. We went to one of the World Series games with the Yankees in 1961. I had to use the restroom somewhere during the game, and while I was finding my way to it, the entire Yankees team streamed out from wherever they had been secreted. They jogged RIGHT BY ME, within easy touching distance. Does that even happen any more? Aren't they held in more private areas, or at least near where only the big-bucks patrons can get close to them?

At any rate, it was a pretty big thrill for a 15-year-old, even if it wasn't the home team. (The home team lost, anyway.)

myob
06/05/17 7:55 pm

Twins World Series win. It was awesome .

pcisbs1 Baltimore to Central PA
06/05/17 7:49 pm

Cal Ripkens 2131 game at Camden Yards

DGroot America
06/05/17 6:24 pm

I watched the longest field goal on record kicked at Mile High in Denver.

gow488 Wisconsin
06/05/17 5:58 pm

I once saw a triple play.

mtdewbob Arizona
06/05/17 5:45 pm

Cincinnati has the honor of being the first major league baseball city, established in 1869, The Cincinnati Red Stockings. Since 1869 only three Cincinnati Reds players have ever hit for the cycle, Eric Davis being the last 1989. So you can see the rarity of that event.

mtdewbob Arizona
06/05/17 5:49 pm

Sorry, I said three players, should've said nine players including Eric Davis.