Bobnpt June 4th, 2017 1:32pm

In reference to climate change: “Well, as a Christian, I believe that there is a creator in God who is much bigger than us. And I’m confident that, if there’s a real problem, he can take care of it.”

Ebola1 Florida
06/06/17 8:10 pm

It's truer than the reality of MMCC.

shygal47 Florida east coast
06/06/17 6:52 am

While that premise of omnipotence is true, the Good Book also says that God helps those that help themselves.
I'm pretty sure most clerics - of any faith - would concur.
If we don't take care to protect our world then we aren't doing as God instructed.

martyt02
06/04/17 6:27 pm

He entrusted the world to us to take care of.

LibArtie SW Connecticut
06/04/17 11:49 am

Religion is buIIshit.

MrsCrayonWax
06/04/17 11:28 am

God helps those who help themselves.

Wyoming4178 Selma Indiana
06/04/17 11:26 am

Please show the facts/ provable facts. Where a black book and praying solve a problem. Wishing has the same effect.
As show me the fact. I don't mean to be hateful. I wishing and prayers do not solve factual problem.

xtarite
06/04/17 8:41 am

You haven't read the Bible then...God won't intervene due to our sinfulness

Bobnpt The Ocean State
06/04/17 9:10 am

I have ZERO faith in a book written 2000 years ago by a bunch of goat herders. Belief in it does NOT make you a better person. Depending on it, instead of reasoning, is a very dangerous practice. My 2¢.

ronderman North Carolina
06/04/17 9:25 am

1. Much of the Bible is way older than 2000 years.

2. Most of the authors of the scriptures were not goat herders.

Just saying.

Odysseus We All Need A Fantasy
06/04/17 8:17 am

Or, if there is a Creator, He is saying "this is the reason I gave you a brain and the ability to reason with it. Use your knowledge to save yourselves ".

FIAT2LUX On Planet Earth
06/04/17 8:09 am

Whelp. If you're a Christian, you should also be aware of God's instructions to take care of the Earth. He made Adam and Eve managers of the land and gave strict protocols for the Jews to follow to give the land time to recuperate from growing food. The point is, YOU are the answer to taking care of the problem.

JustHarry FL
06/04/17 8:04 am

You mean how God stopped the Holocaust, terrorist attacks, cancer, Trump from getting into office, the Plagues, etc.
You don't get it both ways. God doesn't take care of everything and give man free will to make choices. Pick one.

44YY Boston, MA
06/04/17 7:40 am

God created scientists but you chose not to listen to them

susanr Colorado
06/04/17 8:11 am

This is just like the story of the man on the roof of his house surrounded by flood water who turned away one rescuer after another, saying no thanks; God is going to take care of me. He drowned, and when he got to heaven God asked him what's wrong with you; I sent you rescuers...

I'm an atheist but *I* understand that principle; what's wrong with this bozo?

FarmerManE djent
06/04/17 7:16 am

Thats not how this works. That's not how any of this works

CommunistPotato Communist Atheist
06/04/17 7:05 am

The opiate of the masses

dawl adulting
06/04/17 6:50 am

The same people that forgo surgery for their kids because they believe God will heal it and then say it was God's will for them to die.

krayzewolf New Hampshire
06/04/17 9:23 am

I was just reading a story of a woman suing her parents because they chose to pray rather than get her medical treatment. Because of her parents delusion, she almost died and could go at anytime.

www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2017/06/02/woman-with-fatal-condition-caused-by-faith-healing-wants-her-parents-prosecuted/

Yay religion.

dawl adulting
06/04/17 3:05 pm

I would sue mine too.

ProudAmerican45 North Joisey
06/04/17 6:47 am

It's sad that the Father of all lies has his grip on the weak..

smartfart Florida
06/04/17 6:41 am

My 6 year old told me just yesterday that his imaginary friend would save him if he fell off the chair I found him standing on trying to reach for something.
I grabbed it for him just in case he was wrong.